Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   New England (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Where's the closes performance shop familiar with Subaru Legacy GT's from western MA? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202190)

Moddiction 02-22-2013 07:18 PM

Where's the closes performance shop familiar with Subaru Legacy GT's from western MA?

Does anyone know of any reputable install shops familiar with working on legacy GT's anywhere close to western ma? I am in the berkshires right by ct and ny border.

I have a few parts I need installed and too cold out for me to do it myself right now and don't have a whole lot of time anyways.

Need a downpipe installed and turbo inspection while dp is off and remove the banjo filter.
Also need the grimmspeed ebcs installed and a boost leak test performed.
I am getting ready for a stage 2 tune so just need to make sure everything is in order before hand.

I know there are a bunch of shops over by Boston but would rather not drive 3 hours each way if possible.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

-Ryan.

SCASEYS 02-23-2013 08:29 AM

It's a bird, it's a plane it's....

Underdog

Moddiction 02-23-2013 08:33 AM

They are over by Boston right?

Underdog 02-23-2013 08:33 AM

Thank you for the reference sir! :)

Even Ayer is pretty far from you, so some other options would be ESP in Sterling and EFI in CT. Of course I would be happy to help you if you decide to use my services! :D

Moddiction 02-23-2013 09:11 AM

How far are you from Brentuning? If nearby maybe I will go there to get parts put on and then take the drive to Brentuning on the way back to get tuned.

Underdog 02-24-2013 07:09 PM

I'm about 45 minutes past Brentuning from your neck of the woods. It might be more convenient to use Motive or PSItuning since they are in the Worcester area and probably have a waiting area on premise. I do not at the moment.

Again, if you do decide to use my services I will be happy to help!

robitrice 02-25-2013 04:42 AM

PSItuning is where Bren does his tuning and Motive is actually in Woburn which is prob a 30-40min drive east of worcester depending on which way you go. Another is Kaizen Tuning in Acton, MA off of RT2 they work on alot of cars and almost exclusively with GTR's but also with Subarus and EVO's. For what you are looking to get done especially the dp install and turbo check you could prob go to a reputable shop near you who you trust and have no problems. Install the EBCS the day of the tune it takes like 15 minutes and i am sure someoone would help you if you had questions. Are you going to the Dynoday through Bren?

grovlet 02-25-2013 05:42 PM

My car just arrived at ECS Performance in Windsor CT

Moddiction 02-25-2013 08:39 PM

Oh ok cool. So would psi tuning be doing it if I called them for installs or would it be brentuning?

Nrw 02-25-2013 08:47 PM

Bren just does tuning

Moddiction 02-25-2013 08:49 PM

Ok cool. I'll call up psi tuning to hopefully get it all done at once.

Moddiction 02-26-2013 12:48 PM

Still confused sorry. So does he rent the dyno to tune there? Or is he the only tuner there and psi tuning just does mechanical work? Going to call them up this afternoon.

Nrw 02-26-2013 01:02 PM

He rents their dyno

They mostly build hondas.

Moddiction 02-26-2013 01:11 PM

Ah ok cool. That's what I figured.

Moddiction 02-26-2013 01:26 PM

Just called psi and they didn't seem to sure about working on Subaru's so don't think I will want them for the install really.