Brainchild Customs' 2011 LGT Photo and Build Thread -- Lots of Mods! :)
Starting an official build thread a bit late here, but better late than never!
I've been a proud Subaru owner for 12 years now. My first new car was my 2002 WRX that I still own to this day. It was turned into a dedicated show car years ago, has been featured on 3 magazine covers and to date has won nearly 100 awards all across the United States. http://www.modified.com/features/mod...x/viewall.html
Following the decision to really get into building my WRX, I went through a few different daily drivers. Including: 2005 BMW X5 (w Volk TE37's); 2007.5 Chevy Silverado 2500HD TurboDiesel (Still have this as my tow vehicle - ~450whp/900wtq); 2008 BMW 550i Sport (company lease, fun car!); 2001 MB E55 AMG (VIP Style - slammed on 19x10" AME wheels).
All of those were nice rides, but in the back of my head I always missed the old WRX and longed for the days when I used to actually be able to drive it around easily and practically. That's where the Legacy came in... I like the idea that it was a bit more "grown up", had plenty of room for family (recently married), and of course, the fact that it was a turbo Subaru sealed the deal.
I hunted for a few weeks for a car to test drive, and then another few weeks for the color combo I wanted. Luckily I was able to find the black/black LGT at a dealership a few hours away - immediately placed a deposit and went to purchase it the next week.
Began modding the LGT basically on day one and haven't stopped yet! Thanks to everyone here on the boards for contributing and helping others learn.
• Cobb AccessPort
• Cusco 1.3 Bar radiator cap
• HKS Super Power Flow Intake
• Invidia q300 catback dual exhaust
• PROVA Air Intake Diverter Panel
• RacerX Top Mount I/C
• Modified RacerX Hard Charge Piping
• Custom Carbon Engine Cover, Intake Snorkel, Fuse Box Cover
• TurboXS 50/50 Blowoff Valve
• TurboXS Dyno Tuned by Jermaine - 256whp – 315wtq
• TurboXS Prototype Downpipe v2
• Tommy Kaira Rear Under Spoiler
• DAMD side skirt extension FRP - Paint Matched
• JDM-only B4 2.5GT tS (tuned by STi) front lip spoiler
• JDM-only B4 2.5GT tS (tuned by Sti) Front lip "skirt protector"
• JDM-only B4 2.5GT tS (tuned by STi) trunk lip spoiler
• Chargespeed BottomLine carbon side bumper ducts from 08 Sti
• OEM updated 2013 headlights
• 3M Ultra Performance Ceramic Series 20% Tint, smoked markers
• JDM OEM door visors
• Morimoto Elite HID System: 3Five Ballasts (35w), H11, 3000K Output (foglights)
• Morimoto Elite HID System: 5Five Ballasts (50w), H7, 4300K Output (headlights)
• JDM OEM puddle lights
• Tommy Kaira JDM Legacy B4 Trunk Emblem
• Beatrush Delrin 6Spd Shift Knob - Black
• LED Lighting (DRL, front position lights, courtesy, back-up, map, dome, license plate, trunk)
Suspension and Brakes
• Cusco front strut tower bar type OS
• Cusco power brace frontmember end
• Cusco power brace rear member side
• Cusco power brace rear member
• Cusco Rear lower Arms
• KW v3 Coilovers
• Stoptech 332mm Big Brake Kit ST40 calipers w 2 piece, slotted rotors (yellow) ( F )
• Stoptech Stainless Braided Brake Lines ( F )
• 2006 Sti Rear Brembo Caliper (recoated yellow) ( R )
• DBA T3 Clubspec 4000 Series slotted rotor ( R )
• KNS Brakes Caliper conversion bracket ( R )
• Whiteline 26mm front sway bar
• Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar
• Whiteline Ball joints and roll center adjust kit
• Whiteline HD front endlinks
• Whiteline HD rear endlinks
Wheels and Tires
• Work CR Ultimate 19x9.5 +38 5x100 GTSilver
• Tires - Falken FK453 - 265/35/19
• EVS Tuning Titanium Lug Nuts
• PROVA Carbon Fiber 'I/C Bulge' Hood Scoop Trim
• Upgraded TMIC
• Fuel pump/injectors
• BNR 18g or 20g
• More suspension bits
• Brainchild Customs
• Team EM>TION
• Andrewtech Automotive
• Falken Tires
And without further ado, some photos :)
Photos by Raj from TurboXS/MDR Productions
It looks great man! I liked the overall look of your car, the drop, your car looked very balanced and that TK rear diffuser look awesome! By far one of the best looking LGT in this forum!
Hmmm, after I get my trunk and front lip spoiler, I will also do some photo shoot.
Nice work Brainchild
Shiettt...... hands down best looking 5th Gen.....
Can't wait for your new wheels!
...a very nice ride man, definitely one of the nicest 5th gens here.
Such a beautiful car!!!
Looks fantastic. Is the Tommy Kaira Rear Under Spoiler a direct fit?
Absolutely Beautiful!!!! Now I have something to shoot for as soon as I win the lottery. :lol:
Very badass. Not a fan of bronze wheels but your car is f'ing nice.
Pure h0tness. The blacked-out grill goes great with the overall OEM+ look.
Good choice of JDM parts too - as always.
Quick side-note: No need to explain tS and such or JDM-only.
People will either know, appreciate and respect what they see or as noobs won't understand, yet, which is also ok.
This car is an incredible build thus far. Can't wait to see more.
Looks great. Can't wait to see it come together.
Since I was chatting back and forth you about the 19x9.5s awhile back. Thought I'd ask of you think running the 265/35 would rub on the inside near the strut for stock clearances? Seems like on willtheyfit.com it be ok, figured I'd ask you since you've done a test fit with those works
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:36 AM.|