Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   New AP owner! (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201274)

tuck16 02-07-2013 04:08 PM

New AP owner!

My AP just arrived - YEAH! :lol:

A couple very noob questions:
I got it used from another member without any packaging or manuals.
He apparently had an sti. I saved those maps to a separate folder on my PC and deleted them from the AP. I assume I download the 2012 Legacy GT maps from COBB to a folder on my PC then upload them to the AP and I'm ready to go?
AP manager created a folder "APMaps", must i use that folder or can use or rename it anything i want?
There are Stage 1 versions for normal, high and low wastegate maps how do i know which is right? Also there is one under Non-performance that says "Stage0" for ACN91+ fuel, what is that?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Austin2334 02-07-2013 04:25 PM

I would plug it into the computer and get the latest firmwares too but yes load the 12 GT maps. Just FYI, I live in Gig harbor and am running the 91 stage 1 ACN map. The longs look the best for me. It may be a good place to start...It is a little less aggressive of a tune.

Austin2334 02-07-2013 04:30 PM

Stage 0 is stock tune without uninstalling the AP. ACN means Arizona, Cali, and Nevada. ACN maps are tuned down a bit just for safety because of the gas quality down there.

tuck16 02-07-2013 04:57 PM

Yeah i got the ACN part just i thought you just need to unmarry to return to stock.

Our gas is 92 so i would think the 91+ would be appropriate?

If you wanted to take advantage of the Valet or Theft Deterrent mode you would have to take the AP with you, correct? Meaning if you go to dinner and valet it you load that map and keep the ap with you then go back to whatever map you normally use for the drive home?

tuck16 02-07-2013 05:03 PM

I guess the computer set up is intuitive, but what is the in car process for installing and uninstalling the AP? Thanks.

d-rock 02-07-2013 05:11 PM

You'll need to locate the OBDII port which is under the footwell near the dead pedal. But first, update the AP on your computer with the latest firmware. Then, just plug it into the OBDII port and put the ignition to 'On' and the AP should fire up and you can then choose to install the 91 map. It's a snap.

Yes, if you want to put it in valet mode you'll need to reflash to that map and have the AP on you. Changing maps takes no time at all.

Definitely run the 91 map for our 92octane gas here in Washington. I was running the Stage1 map for about 8 months but decided to get an e-tune from BrenTuning. It's made a world of a difference in the car and is lights out better than the Cobb OTS maps. Hope this helps!

Austin2334 02-07-2013 06:01 PM

FYI, if you ever are thinking about a custom tune. I highly recommend Pacific Import Auto. Tim Bailey, nationally known, comes up from Cobb Surgeline about once a month. Amazing guy and tuner.