Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Classifieds (2005 - 2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   FS- Pitt, PA: Perrin CBE & Stromung shorty downpipe (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200666)

BoozeRS05 01-29-2013 04:08 PM

FS- Pitt, PA: Perrin catback (full or partial sale) & Stromung shorty downpipe

10 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

ALL ITEMS SOLD- looks like previous owner ran low setup, never had this exhaust on my car personally (have spt cbe).

SOLD - Perrin mufflers for sale (pics 1-6) SOLD TO alaskajoel $365 shipped to UT : These bolt-up directly to your stock y-pipe and instantly make your LGT that much more badass. Just polished the hell out of these recently. The stuff on the tip of the second muffler will come off, was much worse and I got a lot of it off already, but gave up. They again are scrapped on the bottom, but look awesome for the most part.

SOLD Perrin mid and y-pipe SOLD TO MasAyinde $150 picked up: mid pipe is in great shape, has a thumb size dent near the y-pipe flange which shouldn't be a concern. Y-pipe is cracked at the split and pretty badly crushed after the split, definitely repairable. Bolt-up to stock hardware and stock mufflers.

SOLD Stromung shorty downpipe, fully heat wrapped, SOLD TO LieutenantDan $170 shipped to CO: Appears like new, but used. Wrapped it myself, needs silicon sprayed IMO too. Meant to run this starting in the spring, but got a Cobb downpipe for a nice deal. Bolt-up to stock hardware in place of the first cat after the turbo for either MT or AUTO trans and also fits +08WRX/STi, great stg2 setup.

All sales final, cash is king, local pickup preferred. Any questions please ask, and have a great day.

-Erik B.

berk 01-29-2013 04:18 PM

Ha ha nice! Actually the original owner ran over a bowling ball.
There a funny story that has to do with Mckeesport and an old guy driving a beater scrap truck who wound up kicking the kids ass.

BoozeRS05 01-29-2013 04:22 PM

:lol: I was wondering how the hell that happens, but a bowling ball would do it. Definitely would like to hear that story sometime.

Firepuma 01-29-2013 07:55 PM

Dang- this could get interesting-

BoozeRS05 01-30-2013 11:11 AM

^ Interested?

Fyi, the crap on the second muffler's tip should come off entirely. It was way worse yesterday, worked on it for awhile, and I eventually gave up. The scraping on the underside of the mufflers while not pretty won't be seen unless looking for it.

Just checked some prices, and reduced my Stromung shorty DP to include shipping and PP.

BoozeRS05 02-01-2013 01:06 PM

bump it up..

I'll ship the mid & y-pipe at a cost to the buyer. If you want to buy the whole catback I'll ship it too, but in two parcels (y-pipe & cans in one box, and mid pipe bubble wrapped as another package).

archer1.8 02-01-2013 08:57 PM

Just trying to belp.....i installed this shorty DP on my car and its a few inches too long...its an easy fix make a flange and weld it to the stock midpipe. Easy

Aruss87 02-01-2013 09:44 PM

How much to ship the mid/y?

BoozeRS05 02-02-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archer1.8 (Post 4274646)
Just trying to belp.....i installed this shorty DP on my car and its a few inches too long...its an easy fix make a flange and weld it to the stock midpipe. Easy

Scott at Stromung said differently in an email I sent before starting this thread.

Also, here is a thread from our forum from 2005 with a successful install with no mention of extending pipes. The Stromung shorty dp is a direct fit with your stock hardware.
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...light=stromung

BoozeRS05 02-04-2013 01:31 PM

Bump..

Getting some good bites, but all items still available. Anyone else running a Stromung shorty dp with fitment issues?

archer1.8 02-04-2013 03:57 PM

yea i was not clear sorry. It takes the place of the stock cat section no problem. Its the stock "midpipe' that is too long. I just cut the mid pipe back, welded a flange to mate the the shorty and have been happy ever since.

BoozeRS05 02-04-2013 04:46 PM

I maintain this Stromung shorty dp fits without any modifications to the 05-09 LGT OEM exhaust for a great stg2 setup either MT or AUTO trans, and also fits the +08 WRX/STi similarly. This same pipe for the 02-07 WRX/STi is longer like acher is saying and would require modifications to the OEM setup. Mine is a great bolt on stg2 downpipe.

I'm not selling this and this is for the 02-07 WRX/STi, which is clearly longer then the one I'm selling:
http://i.imgur.com/CdjRY.jpg

BoozeRS05 02-05-2013 02:20 PM

Ttt...

Spoke with archer through PM's and he has the Bosal shorty DP that was made for the 04-07 STi, which is the longer version of this pipe, and not the same thing.

Mine fits to the OEM exhaust for a great catted stg2 setup for your 05-09 LGT, either MT or AUTO trans.

LieutenantDan 02-05-2013 04:55 PM

I'm interested in the Downpipe. PM sent.

BoozeRS05 02-05-2013 05:17 PM

Replied. Stromung shorty looks to be pending soon.