Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interior/Audio (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Problem with iPhone in 2013 (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200423)

Bootsie 01-25-2013 08:56 PM

Problem with iPhone in 2013

I am having some trouble with hooking my iPhone up to the USB connector in my new 2013 legacy...

I can stream music through Bluetooth just fine but when I plug the phone into the USB in the center console and change the mode to USB the radio says reading for a moment then it will play 2 seconds of whatever the song is and just stop.. It displays the song time which just sits at the same place, I cannot push play on the iPhone because it says it is hooked up to an accessory and won't let me access music controls. Am I just missing a play button somewhere on the radio? I am confused...

Thanks for any help

dfoley4 01-25-2013 09:00 PM

Have you tried the seek button to see if the next song plays?

Bootsie 01-25-2013 09:08 PM

Yes it will skip to the next song but not play it at all, basically the song number and timer just change, but it is silent.

Also if I unplug/replug the phone it just plays 2 seconds and stops again...

Bootsie 01-25-2013 10:25 PM

I just tested it, and it works fine with an iPod nano, just not the iPhone?!

dfoley4 01-26-2013 09:02 AM

Hm. Maybe this could help?

https://www.subaru.com/owners/resour.../ipod-faq.html

Which iPhone do you have?

Bootsie 01-26-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfoley4 (Post 4263900)
Hm. Maybe this could help?

https://www.subaru.com/owners/resour.../ipod-faq.html

Which iPhone do you have?

Thanks, however I don't have the iPod interface, I am trying to connect it through the USB...

I have been through the owners manual and all I can think of it the phone is too new? It is and iPhone 4S.... I am sure there is someone else here with a 2013 who has tried to hook up their 4S, any issues?

laz 01-26-2013 11:17 AM

OK so why are you using the USB when bluetooth works great? :iam:

X

Bootsie 01-26-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laz (Post 4264077)
OK so why are you using the USB when bluetooth works great? :iam:

X

Charging when the battery is low... As well as the volume seems low over Bluetooth, but I'm not sure if it is better over USB since I aren't been able to use it...

dfoley4 01-26-2013 01:53 PM

The link applies to the USB port too. My friend has a 4S and tried it in my car. If I remember right the functionality was off/on. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. I think it might be a support problem.

laz 01-26-2013 02:33 PM

I do bluetooth and use a charger. Same difference. I like it better since I retain full iphone functionality. Volume seems fine to me. And it auto connects/disconnects and if I have a full charge I do not worry about connecting the phone.

X

Bootsie 01-27-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfoley4 (Post 4264232)
The link applies to the USB port too. My friend has a 4S and tried it in my car. If I remember right the functionality was off/on. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. I think it might be a support problem.

I'll look it over again, thanks! That is weird maybe it will work better with the next software update...

Quote:

Originally Posted by laz (Post 4264277)
I do bluetooth and use a charger. Same difference. I like it better since I retain full iphone functionality. Volume seems fine to me. And it auto connects/disconnects and if I have a full charge I do not worry about connecting the phone.

X

Yes I could do that but I don't have a charger (old car charged the phone for me) and it is more about the fact that my brand new car is being weird, there are ways around it and I will definitely use it on Bluetooth more, but I would like to have all the options I paid for available to me...

I figured out the volume issue so that is fine now.... But is there anyone else on this forum with an iPhone and a 2013 leggy that could chime in if their radio works? Thanks!

laz 01-27-2013 09:01 PM

I'll check on my 2012. Not sure how different it is from Yor 2013. Plus I don't know if charging and playing an iPhone from Bluetooth is a supported feature.

X

nightspeed98 02-04-2013 11:48 PM

I have multiple solutions I use.
1)Bought flash drive and copied library on it. Leave it in the car.
2)Bluetooth works perfectly fine when I wanna stream, talk on phone.
3)Samsung Galaxy S II. It just works.

GeraldG 02-05-2013 12:08 AM

I thought this thread was problems with iOS 6.1 in 2013. Lol.

iheartmyredcar 02-10-2013 09:37 AM

I have a 2013 Legacy Limited. I have noticed with my iPhone 4 that Pandora and music on the phone will work fine with bluetooth and USB. However I cannot play youtube videos. It plays for 2 seconds and stops every time. I have tried it through the USB and the bluetooth. Same thing happens. If I keep hitting the play button on my phone, after several times, the phone will have the connected symbol lit up in the youtube app and the song will play however I cannot find where it is playing to. I played with all the modes, still can't find it. I got youtube songs to play once though the car speakers on bluetooth. I haven't been able to figure it out since.

I currently have iOS 6.1 installed on my iPhone. There is an update available for my iPhone. I just haven't done it yet.

Thoughts?