Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Four Windows (Auto Up and Down) (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200328)

CRAZY KEN 01-24-2013 12:49 PM

Four Windows (Auto Up and Down)

I don't know if this was brought up before, but is there a way to make all four windows act like the driver's window.

one-touch up and down!

Is it s function on the switch...where we can just buy and swap 3 switches with driver side type switches???

Or is the motor and other modules involved in this task.

Just wondering,

CRAZY KEN

Brainchild Customs 01-24-2013 01:06 PM

i wish we had this too...

Rahhstah 01-24-2013 01:10 PM

yeah, that'd be a nice "feature"... someone will make it, and sell it to us!

5thgen2.5i 01-24-2013 01:17 PM

i wish ours had the control like the BMW's have where you hit the button on the remote twice and all the windows roll down. My titan has the full auto windows now that i think about it and it is nice. wtf subaru.

CRAZY KEN 01-24-2013 01:17 PM

Yo......

....to all you engineers, electricians, gurus, sound system guys...I know you know this...I may swap my driver side switch with my front passenger switch and see if it works!

Hmmm...on second thought...will this short out...I wonder...HELP!!!

CRAZY KEN

Brainchild Customs 01-24-2013 01:26 PM

The JDM version has this feature I thought.. like you said, maybe it just needs the proper switch

SpidermanMTL 01-24-2013 01:51 PM

http://www.autoloc.com/catalog/Power...Up-AND-Down%29

it's been discussed before the link above is one type of unit... they exist but you would need to add a module for each window... unless you go the car alarm route... I think viper offers it.. but it would be controlled from your viper remote.

Kaijubei 01-24-2013 02:06 PM

swapping the switches shouldn't do anything. i'm guessing there is a control unit that when the switch is hit correctly (full depress), it will auto-run the motor for the window until full open. i'm guessing that you'd need to route the control unit's signal to all 4 window motors instead of just the driver's window motor. all speculation, though, as i haven't actually looked at a schematic before.

sschmelcke 01-24-2013 07:15 PM

try it and let us know

SurlyOldManMN 01-24-2013 07:16 PM

How about not locking out the driver window when the window lock is engaged too. Jerks...

3.6rrrrrmatey 01-24-2013 07:33 PM

New members get yelled at to search first.

*shrug*

Jace2010LGT 01-27-2013 09:56 AM

They did this from a cost perspective. When windows auto up they must have an ecu and jam sensor. That raises cost. These are necessary, Subaru doesn't want to get sued because someone kid got his head stuck in the window.

Blizzard 01-27-2013 10:17 AM

I wish we had this too.

I've owned a couple older BMW's and it was always programmed so that if you stuck the key in the door and turned a certain way all the windows would go all go down and maybe even the moonroof would open or crack, I can't remember. Either way it was great for those super hot summer days.

Jace2010LGT 01-27-2013 06:52 PM

My old Lexus had that also. If you held down the unlock button on the key fob it would roll down all windows and open the sunroof fully. It would do the same if you turned the key to unlock and held it.
Funny story. We sold a newer Lexus is350 and the owner came in a week later pissed. It had been raining for days. He demanded we take the car back as it has a serious electrical problem. He was at work with his keys in his pocket and activated the windows by accident only to come out and his car was full of water. I had to actually take him out to my personal car (a Lexus rx350) and show him how it works. I then used the scan tool to change the settings so that function was disabled. My boss still gave him a full detail to make him happy.

GTEASER 01-27-2013 08:30 PM

Enuf talking about what we wished we had. Somebody try to figure this out....