Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   kw v3 on the way!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200204)

disgoduc 01-22-2013 05:47 PM

kw v3 on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I ordered my v3"s on fri and am looking forward to havin my scoob handle the way it is supposed to..I will post review during and after install....getting excited!!!:rolleyes:

peace,
Dave F...

exbagboy 01-22-2013 05:49 PM

My KW V3 with Swifts springs are here, getting them installed Thursday.
I'll post my review next week.

Kaijubei 01-22-2013 06:50 PM

Will you also post before and after pix? ^.^

exbagboy 01-22-2013 07:08 PM

I already have Swifts springs on but OP could do a stock vs lowered pic. I am planning on dropping it 0.8" only. You from Colorado Kaijubei?

Kaijubei 01-22-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exbagboy (Post 4257758)
I already have Swifts springs on but OP could do a stock vs lowered pic. I am planning on dropping it 0.8" only. You from Colorado Kaijubei?

yessir

Blizzard 01-22-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exbagboy (Post 4257758)
I already have Swifts springs on but OP could do a stock vs lowered pic. I am planning on dropping it 0.8" only. You from Colorado Kaijubei?

Good luck with that lol. They say 0.8 but it's definitely more than that.

disgoduc 01-23-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exbagboy (Post 4257628)
My KW V3 with Swifts springs are here, getting them installed Thursday.
I'll post my review next week.

Out of curiosity, where did you get your v3's? And what model number are your swift springs? I just got the V3's with the KW springs and was going to look into swifts later if the ride was too harsh, but after reading another member's review about the ride of the KW's on the winter setting I thought I would try stock first. I am the primary driver but the better half takes it to work occationally and she has quite a long ride so ride quality might affect her. Other than that a slightly harsh ride doesn't phase me a bit....

Peace,
Dave F.

killerniceguy 01-23-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disgoduc (Post 4258202)
Out of curiosity, where did you get your v3's? And what model number are your swift springs? I just got the V3's with the KW springs and was going to look into swifts later if the ride was too harsh, but after reading another member's review about the ride of the KW's on the winter setting I thought I would try stock first. I am the primary driver but the better half takes it to work occationally and she has quite a long ride so ride quality might affect her. Other than that a slightly harsh ride doesn't phase me a bit....

Peace,
Dave F.

Just for clarification the winter settings I use and report on is my recommendation, not from KW. Even at the recommended settings from KW I would never describe the ride as harsh, just really firm.

I look forward to reading about your experience, it is night and day!

KNG

Gienek 01-23-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disgoduc (Post 4258202)
Out of curiosity, where did you get your v3's? And what model number are your swift springs? I just got the V3's with the KW springs and was going to look into swifts later if the ride was too harsh, but after reading another member's review about the ride of the KW's on the winter setting I thought I would try stock first. I am the primary driver but the better half takes it to work occationally and she has quite a long ride so ride quality might affect her. Other than that a slightly harsh ride doesn't phase me a bit....

Peace,
Dave F.

Are the Swift springs firmer than the KW V3 springs that come stock on these coilovers? ...Thanks Dave, looking forward to reading your review on this setup. Also, could you recommend or post a link to where you bought them? thanks.

exbagboy 01-23-2013 11:00 AM

I got the KWs from a member here and they came with the Swifts springs which are supposed to be softer than the stock KW springs. I will look for a part number on them.

disgoduc 01-23-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gienek (Post 4258577)
Are the Swift springs firmer than the KW V3 springs that come stock on these coilovers? ...Thanks Dave, looking forward to reading your review on this setup. Also, could you recommend or post a link to where you bought them? thanks.

Since the swifts have a larger gap between coils and use a unique material, they are more compliant which in term makes them less.....aggressive when encountering a less than perfect surface. Ultimately the valving, comp and rebound setting is more or less responsible for the actual ride quality. I got my KW's from VR speed factory in Mass. If you go to the website u won't find them in the legacy section you have to go into the universal section and search the kw coil overs and I believe it's on pg 42 or 43...there are a lot of them!!:cool:

Peace,
Dave F

Blizzard 01-23-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerniceguy (Post 4258217)
Just for clarification the winter settings I use and report on is my recommendation, not from KW. Even at the recommended settings from KW I would never describe the ride as harsh, just really firm.

I look forward to reading about your experience, it is night and day!

KNG

I'm not sure if I agree. The KW settings are harsh IMO. I am using your winter settings recommendation and its slightly stiffer than stock without the horrendous body roll. One thing to note, the colder it gets outside the harsher the ride so I've noticed. Was 7 degrees here this morning lol.

exbagboy 01-23-2013 03:51 PM

Yes, in cold weather I've noticed my stock shocks are firmer and less bouncy, the viscosity of the oil inside the shocks is increased I presume.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58 AM.


LegacyGT.com