Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Cold weather package info (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200160)

gened1 01-21-2013 10:57 PM

Cold weather package info
 
I have looked at the owners manual and I can't find where the info is on the cold weather package for my '10 Limited. I have the package but can't remembr how to turn it on. Is it turned on with the front or rear defroster and how do I know it is on? The mirrors seem to be always clear and the windshield wipers seem to do their job too. the seat heaters work great though and have a light that switches on with their use.

TTG 01-21-2013 11:13 PM

Cold weather pack is nothing but heated seats and heated mirrors.... It appears you figured out how to turn on your seats, mirrors will heat up when you turn the rear defrost on. All of this is explained in your owners manual.

gened1 01-22-2013 05:22 AM

more
 
"All Weather - heated seats, defrosting outside mirrors, front wiper deicers"
I do know what the package includes. I can only find in the owners manual -(section 3 page 34 if I remember correctly) reference to a button on the dash that must be on either a base or premium as my Limited does not have it. Anyway I wish there was a light to let me know it was on when I pressed the rear defroster other than the light that comes on on the button of the rear defroster. Sometimes I need to defog the rear window even in rainy weather so I guess the rear defrost button turns on everything regardless of the weather. If you know somewhere else in the owners manual where this info is please list it here.
Thanks for the info.

SurlyOldManMN 01-22-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gened1 (Post 4256627)
Anyway I wish there was a light to let me know it was on when I pressed the rear defroster other than the light that comes on on the button of the rear defroster.

oooook...

Captain Ned 01-22-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurlyOldManMN (Post 4257317)
oooook...

If ever a profile picture and the point of a post were better intertwined ...

JJBerk 01-22-2013 07:21 PM

Best two last posts EVER.

'I wish there was a light...er... other than the light....'

gened1 01-23-2013 05:23 AM

So
 
I guess a light on the rear defroster button which would come on when pressed on a non cold weather packaged car would somehow be different than a car that had the cold weather package? That same light only indicates that the rear defroster is on not whether the heated mirror or the wiper deicer is working or not. Keep the faith.
Anyway I thank you for your understanding .

TwoTone 01-23-2013 05:59 AM

If your car has cold weather package it's ALL turned on with the Rear defroster.

Done, so now you know you have a light for the cold weather package.

gened1 01-23-2013 08:13 AM

Yep
 
As I said. Keep the faith.
With everything that has happened to my legacy (towed twice, engine replaced, driven to the dealer several times with dash warning lights ablaze, recalls, door weather stripping rips, passenger side seat bottom surround broken twice) This with only 21,000 miles on the car since new, I get a little skittish with keeping the faith.

SurlyOldManMN 01-23-2013 08:31 AM

Engine replaced? What happened there? I haven't heard of anyone popping a 5th gen yet.

TwoTone 01-23-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gened1 (Post 4258328)
As I said. Keep the faith.
With everything that has happened to my legacy (towed twice, engine replaced, driven to the dealer several times with dash warning lights ablaze, recalls, door weather stripping rips, passenger side seat bottom surround broken twice) This with only 21,000 miles on the car since new, I get a little skittish with keeping the faith.


While it sucks that it happened to you, it's not indicative of a Subaru in general.

Now if you want some good reading I can link you to the TDI club. They have plenty of threads on broken stuff on the newer VWs and they aren't 5 post threads, more like 100's.

Every make has problems, but overall I think Subaru is in the top as far as least number of 'issues' and reliability. So far it seems the shimmy has been the worst one I've read about and that seems to be fixed.

gened1 01-23-2013 05:05 PM

another day
 
And just today while backing out of the garage I heard a loud snap noise and then the tpms light on the dash came on. Driving it on the highway to hopefully warm up the tires didn't work and all day the car ran fine just the dash light was always on. Called the dealer and they said it should go off when it warms up but so far no luck.

SurlyOldManMN 01-23-2013 05:07 PM

Don't tell me you called the dealer but didn't check the tire pressure...

Captain Ned 01-23-2013 07:08 PM

Someone buy this guy an AAA membership, stat!

TwoTone 01-24-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gened1 (Post 4259253)
And just today while backing out of the garage I heard a loud snap noise and then the tpms light on the dash came on. Driving it on the highway to hopefully warm up the tires didn't work and all day the car ran fine just the dash light was always on. Called the dealer and they said it should go off when it warms up but so far no luck.

I'm not sure how to phrase this without totally sounding like an ass but here goes. You're backing up and hear a loud snap and keep going? Loud snaps are normal to you? Combine the noise with the TPMS light coming on and you still don't think hmm I had better see if I ran over something that is causing my tire to go down.

I'm thinking owning a vehicle isn't right for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurlyOldManMN (Post 4259258)
Don't tell me you called the dealer but didn't check the tire pressure...

This!!!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 AM.


LegacyGT.com