Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Classifieds - ARCHIVE (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   FS(NY/NJ/Tri-sate): Whitetiger's 2005 Legacy GT Limited 5MT w/ ~80K mi. $8k-SOLD (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200025)

whitetiger 01-19-2013 06:59 PM

FS(NY/NJ/Tri-sate): Whitetiger's 2005 Legacy GT Limited 5MT w/ ~80K mi. $8k-SOLD

20 Attachment(s)
SOLD!!

Year, Make and Model:
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Sedan
Color:) Obsidian Black Pearl with Black Leather Interior
Miles: Just under 80,000mi(79,1xx). About half that on the short block and turbo.
Transmission: 5 Speed manual
Title: Clean w/ 1 accident reported on Carfax(will give more detail below)
Lien: none (title in hand)
Location: Cliffside Park, Bergen County, NJ (right outside NYC, Manhattan over the GWB)
VIN: 4S3BL676956219637
Seller's email address: whitetigerlgt@hotmail.com I also respond fast to PM's as well.
Asking Price: $8,000 OBO VERY MOTIVATED TO SELL! Make a reasonable offer!

Well, its about time to sell the GT. Ive had this car since Dec of 2004 and its been my source of driving pleasure for the last 8 years. Ive always loved this car, but i have gotten to the point in my autox participation where i want something more focused so its time to say goodbye to the GT. I'm very motivated to sell this fast within a months time. Ive already put down a deposit on the new car and i have a trade in value for the car guaranteed by the dealer. If I can get more than that from a private sell, then I'm ahead of where i need to be. the OBO is for serious negotiation only. Dont make an offer unless you are willing to commit and commit fast.

Brief Car History:
As I said above, I bought in Dec of 04. for the first year or so the car was kept stock. In early 2006 came the first mods. UP and AP1 stage 1 flash. shortly after i bought a DP and went stage2. later that year i did my first autox and never looked back. Since then came heavy suspension and brake work, front and rear diff upgrades and a rounding out of Stage 2 parts to make a ESP class autox monster. The car has had great success in a very competitive region(NNJR) against several national level drivers, winning overall PAX twice(out of a field of over 120+ cars) and getting 3rd place for driver of the year and frequently one of the top 10 fastest cars at the event. This was and still is a great platform with the right setup and driver. In the last year Ive taken the car back to nearly stock to sell and get my value of the mods i put in, back. All of the mod work was either done by me(an ex-subaru/ford technician), a trusted mechanic at the dealer, or AZPinstalls. the car has never been to a shady place.

The Carfax reported accident:
In the beginning 2007, the car was hit just in front of the A pillar on the driver-side front fender. There was also residual damage on the door panels and rear quater-panel. Carfax reports that the airbag deployed, but I can assure you that the AIRBAG DID NOT DEPLOY as reported. I have no proof of this other than my word of the fact that i was driving and it most certainly did not deploy. Anyways, the car was professionally and completely repaired by an experienced shop. The car looked great afterwards and all my autox victories and success were after the accident so the chassis was and is 100% with zero alignment problems. Buy with confidence.

Current Car Condition

Exterior: The body is in good condition. the front bumper was replaced earlier this year. There are small ding and scuffs around the car as one would expect from a car that was driven in and around NYC for the past 8 years. There are cone scuffs from autox on the side that can be waxed out but I haven't tried yet cause I suck and that stuff. The fender lips have been rolled and pulled a little to accommodate wide wheels and tires for autox. The 1 real spot that is visible on the body is the rear bumper on the driver-side. i was tapped by a cabbie there and the bumper/paint in that area is cracked is cracked. is not horribly visible but it is there. I have provided pics below. I also dont have the engine under-cover(splash guard)

Interior condition: The interior is in great condition i think except for a couple areas. There is the standard wear and tare on the hard plastics but Ive actually replaced some of the pieces that had more noticeable blemishes. The rear cup holder bezel, shifter surround, and e-brake handle were replaced. The seats mostly are in great shape and all the panels are in place and clean. There is some wear on the driver-side front seat on the left side bolster and the steering wheel and shift knob show some more advanced leather wear(all evident in pictures).

Suspension/Mechanical/electrical: There car's engine and mechanical is in great shape. This is where i focused my "going back to stock" efforts and therefore a lot of the base parts are new within the last 3-4 months. The car has great power, pulls hard, and nearly everything works. There are also a couple things that need attention that i haven't had a chance to take care of.
Parts replaced:
-All new oem suspension arms in the rear with new rear toe adjusters.
-New ES swaybar bushings F/R
-New front OEM lca bushings and ball joints
-New OEM single mass clutch on newly resurfaced ACT LWFW(this drives fantastic BTW)
-New brakes with HP+ pads. I have also a brand new set of OEM level pads F/R I'm including as well if the HP+ are too harsh.
-New tires. Goodyear Eagle GT 215/45/17 UHP all-season.
-All fluids are fresh and dont need to be changed for a while except for standard OCI.
-The short block was replaced a few years back for a spun bearing. Repairs done by suby dealer. So ther is on 30-40k miles on the block
-The rear diff has less than 10k on it as that was replaced 2 years ago with a new unit, and then sat in storage for over a year, and is now back on the car.

Aftermarket or non stock parts still on the car.
-Perrin LW Crank pulley in blue.
-DBA 4000 front brake rotors
-ACT LWFW as stated above
-AVO RSB Bracked combined with Perrin RSB brackets (super strong)
-HID 4300k kits in headlight and fog lights.
-Subaru STI factory short shifter
-STi Trans mount
-vf46 turbo(same as vf40, but more reliable)
-08 spec b UP with resistor mod.
-AP V1 flash to Cobb OTS stage 1 91 octane
-Goodridge steel braided brake lines

Things that need attention:
-The starter in on its way out. Intermittantly, the sprocket throw out mechanism does not work every-time so the gear does not engage the flywheel. Usually it works on the next couple attempts and the car fires right up. A reman'ed replacements is around $100
-The is a CEL present. P1153 and its from the rear o2 sensor since its been running with a catless stage 2 setup for the last 6 years+ and it only came up when I took the stage 2 map off. The car runs flawlessly otherwise. Ive ordered one and will put it in.

All in all, this can be a reliable DD for someone or a cheap mod platform for someone who want to get in to the turbo Subaru game. Buy with confidence.

Pics are attached.

whitetiger 01-19-2013 07:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more pics

octain11 01-20-2013 09:41 AM

Once i get my insurance situation settled with my hit and run i will be talking to you whitetiger, other than that GLWS

whitetiger 01-20-2013 10:36 AM

Ad also on craigslist and nasioc

famaya26 01-20-2013 10:49 AM

Very good price for the miles. GLWYS man.

whitetiger 01-20-2013 04:07 PM

Bump

Sabin057 01-20-2013 10:48 PM

I really wish this as an auto. ;p

whitetiger 01-21-2013 09:05 AM

bump.

whitetiger 01-22-2013 09:04 AM

I am open to any reasonable offers.

whitetiger 01-23-2013 09:08 AM

bump.

dtmenace 01-23-2013 09:24 AM

TTt for a good guy & fellow jerseyian.

buy w/ confidence! this car has been meticulously cared for.

whitetiger 01-23-2013 09:47 AM

things are moving along with the new car. I NEED THIS CAR SOLD!!! you can get a real deal here!!

FYI KBB lists this car at $12000 in FAIR condition, and im already $3k under that.

whitetiger 01-24-2013 10:12 AM

bump

whitetiger 01-25-2013 12:13 PM

bump.

whitetiger 01-26-2013 04:25 PM

Price reduced. Now 8k