Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legacy Photos (2010 - 2014) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Another new member - 2013 2.5I LIMITED (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199989)

Gorillafood 01-19-2013 08:07 AM

Another new member - 2013 2.5I LIMITED

Hey everyone new to the forum but not to Subaru. This is actually my 3rd Subaru and 2nd Legacy. Looking to add some stuff to my new Legacy let me know if you got any tips or help. Pictures below thanks.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...117_162551.jpg

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...117_162624.jpg

coppertone 01-19-2013 09:45 AM

Welcome, first off what is it that you like and then we can advise from there. :)

Gorillafood 01-19-2013 01:52 PM

Thanks for the reaponse I was looking to get an HID kit along with leds for the rest of the car. Besides that and tinting the windows I was browsing ideas to up the HP a little bit if possible.

coppertone 01-19-2013 03:11 PM

Ok so as far as HID's there are several people on here who are running them in various stages. I know if you go to the lighting section, you will see the pros and cons of various brands.
It's the same for leds as I replaced all of mine so that I can actually see what I am doing inside the darn car lol. The hp part you've got me on as I'm running an Access Port at stage 1 to give myself that needed pep merging into on ramps. I usually suggest a free flowing exhaust system just to free up some more torque. I'm sure others will chime in here for suggestions on upping the ante power wise. Which state are you from as we also have the Regionals that I find are very helpful.

Gorillafood 01-19-2013 03:49 PM

I am actually also a Jersey man

DeltaSniper 01-19-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coppertone (Post 4253495)
Ok so as far as HID's there are several people on here who are running them in various stages. I know if you go to the lighting section, you will see the pros and cons of various brands.
It's the same for leds as I replaced all of mine so that I can actually see what I am doing inside the darn car lol. The hp part you've got me on as I'm running an Access Port at stage 1 to give myself that needed pep merging into on ramps. I usually suggest a free flowing exhaust system just to free up some more torque. I'm sure others will chime in here for suggestions on upping the ante power wise. Which state are you from as we also have the Regionals that I find are very helpful.

Accessport isn't gonna work with anything that isn't a GT sadly. An exhaust isnt gonna do much either from my first hand experience with a 2.5i (since you need to tune it for that and there are no tuning solutions for a 2.5i AFAIK).

Cliffnotes : You have a 2.5i, you aren't going to get any more HP out of that thing without spending a lot of money for very little gains.

minuccims 01-19-2013 06:36 PM

Welcome. Think about a clear bra to protect the paint. Tints make the car stand out. Weathertech digitech mats are incredible

Those are good firsts. If you would like to mod further, then there are better flaps than OEM that protect the car quite well (Rally Armor).

Many find OEM tires are not the best.

Enjoy the 2013!

MasterPeon 01-19-2013 07:36 PM

I'd stay away from doing external LEDs (if that's what you meant). Too much trouble time and money wise. But if you want them, you can have mine haha

Gorillafood 01-19-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterPeon (Post 4253768)
I'd stay away from doing external LEDs (if that's what you meant). Too much trouble time and money wise. But if you want them, you can have mine haha

I am just going to do all the lights as in headlights, tailights, and interior lights.

pfoyle 01-20-2013 08:37 AM

As others have mentioned, power gains are going to minimal to non-existent... swapping the exhaust will make it sound pretty, but it's not really gonna give any measurable performance advantage. Best bang for your buck will be to concentrate on aesthetics and suspension mods... tinting is a must, as is a trunk lip spoiler, IMO. For suspension, perhaps a larger rear sway bar for stability/cornering... front strut tower brace could provide similar stability advantages (although it's debatable due to the location of the struts, pretty close to the cabin/firewall)... upgraded shocks/struts or coilovers will give big handling gains, but won't come cheap. Different rubber on the rims is often a decent performance upgrade, although I don't know what comes stock on the 2013s...

Good luck with the car, and welcome!

Gorillafood 01-20-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minuccims (Post 4253720)
Welcome. Think about a clear bra to protect the paint. Tints make the car stand out. Weathertech digitech mats are incredible

I have heard about getting a clear bra. Do you know roughly how much it costs to get your car done. If it is not insainly expensive I will definitely get this applied to my vehicle. Also is it a one time deal or will it have to get reapplied over time?

If anyone from the NJ area can help me out I hear there is a place called Lee Berbs that is great at this along with doing tints as well. Can anyone confirm this?

minuccims 01-20-2013 01:28 PM

Search a little in the 5th gen area. Perhaps $400ish. I've had mine on, from the dealer. Bought car Dec 09. The clear bra WORKS and is an investment to keep the front chip free.

Magic Marker 01-20-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorillafood (Post 4254449)
I have heard about getting a clear bra. Do you know roughly how much it costs to get your car done. If it is not insainly expensive I will definitely get this applied to my vehicle. Also is it a one time deal or will it have to get reapplied over time?

If anyone from the NJ area can help me out I hear there is a place called Lee Berbs that is great at this along with doing tints as well. Can anyone confirm this?

Yup... go to Lee. He's done three of our cars. Tell him Jeff sent you. He's on Facebook if you want to see what he's working on now.

Car looks good, but def needs to be tinted. IMO don't do any suspension mods just yet. Drive it stock and see if you actually think anything needs to be improved. You can also check in with the team at AZP Installs if you need any work done.

As said before, don't bother with engine mods. Just enjoy the MPG's.

Hanger 01-21-2013 05:58 PM

first tip: you can use a steady hand to take some photos of the car or get a REAL camera!

:dm:

:hide:

Welcome to LGT.com!

Hanger 01-21-2013 05:59 PM

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get the car for? I'm in the market for a 2.5i limited as well :icon_twis