Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bay Area Install Day + BBQ (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199824)

wpmarky 01-16-2013 03:05 PM

Bay Area Install Day + BBQ

Hey everyone,

TLDR/BLUF- Who wants to get together to BBQ and work on cars?

Background: I'm planning on doing alot of maintenance and some minor installs to my new wagon in the next month or so. Since I moved to the city and no longer have my own garage, I will be asking my friend again to use their place that can fit 3-4 cars to be worked on at the same time and another 10 cars to park in their lot.

I'd like to invite anyone that needs help with their car for a new install, fixing old stuff, or just doing some maintenance. Or if you want to just hang out with some other LGT folks, that's kool too. If we finish early we could go for a chill drive somewhere.

Sorry no lift, no air tools, but there's lots of room. Last time we did this, there was about 6 LGT's doing anything from spark plugs, fixing suspension clunk, to some CEL troubleshooting.

Experience: I can do any LGT suspension, exhaust, drivetrain, turbo, or fueling install. I've also already worked on at least 8-10 norcal LGT's, so far I think all of their cars are running well =p. I've also done work on WRX/STI's, miatas, lexus, and my friend's Boxster, so if you have a non-subie that needs work just throw up what you're looking to get done.

Time and Loc:
Sunday March 31 - 9am-5pm
Campbell, ca 95008

Cost: Car labor will be free, and we will just split the tab for food & drinks.

Attendees: Just post here if you're interested, what you work you were looking to do, and what timeframe works for you.

Contra Costa Caravan
1. GTEASER
2. Cmt7410
3. UnderScr

South Bay Roll Call:
1. Roscoe22
2. LegAC_GT
3. TeriyakiBBS
4. chrispyvu

SF/North Bay
1. wpmarky
2. Diavolo
3. Heedz

Maybe
1) ScSpecB
2)WestCoast
3) KrazyKorean
4) arnold16890
5) 510Finn

Maybe not
1) Chris GTO TT

Drift Motion 01-16-2013 03:36 PM

free labor? that's awesome!!!!

I'd trade food for free labor...hahaa

wpmarky 01-16-2013 03:50 PM

Haha, ok how bout free labor if you help wrench. No dropping it off and drinking beer til it's magically done =p

Drift Motion 01-16-2013 04:05 PM

Still awesome

I need to install all the suspension bushings I bought...haha

SCSpecB 01-16-2013 08:53 PM

Dude sweet! Last time was a blast.

I'm down to come kick it (although I'm sure I could probably find something to install on my car by then :lol: )

If its early March Saturdays would work for me, after that I'm open Sundays.

WESTcoast 01-17-2013 05:57 PM

I'm down to help out when we have a set date I will find time to come out

Diavolo 01-18-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WESTcoast (Post 4251116)
I'm down to help out when we have a set date I will find time to come out

^ i'm with him.

I'm down. I dunno if I'll need anything done, but I'm happy to come lend a hand and meet more Legacy people.

wpmarky 01-18-2013 08:27 PM

haha, sounds like everyone's done modding their cars. We could make it a detail day instead, or go somewhere more chill and hang out.

Chris GTO TT 01-18-2013 10:43 PM

Could be interested what is the location?

krazykorean35 01-19-2013 08:10 PM

I'm definitely interested! x2 on the location

Diavolo 01-19-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpmarky (Post 4252705)
haha, sounds like everyone's done modding their cars. We could make it a detail day instead, or go somewhere more chill and hang out.

I like the idea of a Detail Day and then once our cars are all super clean we can take a big group picture.
I haz a nice camera.

Heedz 01-21-2013 03:05 AM

I'll come and joinnnnn

arnold16890 01-21-2013 12:48 PM

I'd be interested in coming to help/hang out, in what city do you plan on having this?

510Finn 01-21-2013 08:53 PM

I'm interested as well.

wpmarky 01-25-2013 01:25 PM

Great to see lots of new and old folks interested in meeting up, surprised to see now one has parts waiting to go in haha. If we just wanna hang out, that opens up the options to anywhere with a big parking lot, preferably a park where we can BBQ, have a beer, and throw a football around or something.

Possible locations for now, open to other options:

Install Day: my friend's ranch houe is in Fremont. Lots of cruising roads nearby.
Detail Day:
at my old condo in San Jose, lots of shade all day, 2 hoses
BBQ & Photoshoot: I can volunteer my apt in SF in SOMA, lots of photo ops up here.
Drive day: If we are feeling adventurous, we can go to HMB or Santa Cruz.

Timeframe: Let's shoot for March, does that work?

Interest List:
1) wpmarky
2) ScSpecB
3)WestCoast
4) Diavolo
5) Chris GTO TT
6) KrazyKorean
7) Heedz
8) arnold16890
9) 510Finn
10) UnderScr