Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New GT owner (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199815)

racerxGT 01-16-2013 11:25 AM

New GT owner

Hi everyone! Yesterday I became the proud owner of a 2008 Legacy GT sedan. Newport blue with ivory leather interior. Wicked clean. Bought from local Subaru dealer. I'm ecstatic! I'll post pix here once the sun melts the frost and I get her moving. It came with a 12k/12 month power train warranty, and I was offered an extended warranty on all other parts (4 years) for $2500. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether this is worthwhile or not? I am almost tapped out by the purchase, so it will need to be a careful decision. Any help is appreciated! I look forward to becoming part of the GT community. Cheers, Kelly.

Drift Motion 01-16-2013 12:05 PM

How many miles is on the car right now?

Congrats!

BMA44 01-16-2013 12:10 PM

congrats on the purchase! pics please when you have a chance.

racerxGT 01-16-2013 05:23 PM

Mileage

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift Motion (Post 4249194)
How many miles is on the car right now?

Congrats!

It has 51,000 miles. VERY soft miles. I doubt the woman who owned it really pushed it to the limit.

racerxGT 01-16-2013 06:02 PM

Pix of 2008 GT sedan

5 Attachment(s)
Here's my new pony. I'll get more uploaded when it's sunnier. Too cold for much detail.

Drift Motion 01-16-2013 06:07 PM

so nice to have wingless

seems like a lot of women likes to own these cars

I bought my 5MT from a lady

andnyleswillriot 01-16-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift Motion (Post 4249679)
so nice to have wingless

seems like a lot of women likes to own these cars

I bought my 5MT from a lady

haha, two people (both women) on my block have this exact car. something about that atlantic blue...

PeterJMC 01-18-2013 07:12 AM

Congrats on your purchase. The car looks clean :)

Welcome to the site!

BMA44 01-21-2013 07:15 AM

Really clean! 51k is just breaking in..

newlisbonlegacy 01-21-2013 10:40 AM

Welcome! Nice looking LGT!

Dan A 01-23-2013 02:55 PM

This might be too late for your purchase, but extended warranties are a high profit item for dealers and are designed not to be used (i.e. make a successful claim). If you bought it, take a look at the contract closely. If you plan to do any modding or don't show records of the maintenance that is required under the contract, you may have a hard time making a claim for a repair. Most states allow for a refund within 30 days of purchase. They have your money and they don't want to give it back in claims. My advice is to generally avoid, but it's your decision. I initially bought one when I bought my car, then got a refund after looking in to it. Your car still has some remainder on the factory powertrain warranty too BTW.

Nice looking LGT by the way.

wurkenman 01-23-2013 05:16 PM

Welcome.

SailorW 01-23-2013 09:39 PM

Nice looking car. Welcome.

BENCOB 01-24-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan A (Post 4259052)
This might be too late for your purchase, but extended warranties are a high profit item for dealers and are designed not to be used (i.e. make a successful claim). If you bought it, take a look at the contract closely. If you plan to do any modding or don't show records of the maintenance that is required under the contract, you may have a hard time making a claim for a repair. Most states allow for a refund within 30 days of purchase. They have your money and they don't want to give it back in claims. My advice is to generally avoid, but it's your decision. I initially bought one when I bought my car, then got a refund after looking in to it. Your car still has some remainder on the factory powertrain warranty too BTW.

Nice looking LGT by the way.

+1, I agree and 2.5k$ for 4 years is, imho, steep. If you really want an extended warranty, check with your local credit union. This advice from I who paid 1.5$ for 7yr/90k extended warranty!!

racerxGT 01-24-2013 08:04 AM

Thanks to all for the welcome and advice. I'll check with my credit union (thanks Bencob) to see what they offer.