Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor News (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   New Vendor - Underdog Motorsports (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199256)

Underdog 01-07-2013 01:25 PM

New Vendor - Underdog Motorsports

Hello LegacyGT.com! For those who don't already know me, my name is Rick, and I've been an active member of the forum since January of 2006.

I am here to announce the formation of my new company, Underdog Motorsports, based in Ayer, Massachusetts. The mission of my company is to help enthusiasts make their automotive dreams come to life. Whether you need help planning your mod path and installing parts on your daily driver, or if you need engineering-based design and fabrication of custom parts for your dedicated track car, I want to be your go-to guy.

I am currently setup to provide the following services:

• General Maintenance
  • Suspension Installation
  • Power Upgrades
  • Engine Overhaul & Modification
  • CAD Design & Detailing (Solidworks)
  • Fabrication Support
  • Modification/Performance Consultation
  • Automotive Detailing & Paint Restoration

In the very near future I will be bringing the following equipment/capabilities in-house:

• 3-axis CNC Milling
  • CNC Turning
  • Welding
  • Transmission/Differential Overhaul

This is kind of an experiment for me so I can’t tell you that i have it all figured out up front. What I CAN tell you is that I love cars, the 4th gen. Legacy in particular, and I’m extremely capable with a wrench and have an obsessive attention to detail. Obviously to be successful I need to provide what the community needs, so if you have a request please let me know and let’s figure it out together!

I am available during regular business hours of 8AM-6PM, Monday through Friday. The best way to reach me is by phone or email, which I’ve put in my signature below. Of course you can PM me on the forum as well, but phone and email are still the quickest. :)

Best regards,
Rick

P.S. I carry over 100 different manufacturers and can meet or beat any authorized distributors pricing. Contact us today with your part list and zip code and I will quote it for you ASAP!

Here is my line card:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5230/linecard.jpg

Billy Dagwood 01-07-2013 01:29 PM

Nice! Next time I need something done, you can expect a call from me, Rick.

Billy Dagwood 01-07-2013 01:36 PM

(also, if you need some photos taken for a website or something, just let me know. will trade photo work for parts/installs :icon_bigg)

BoozeRS05 01-07-2013 01:42 PM

Wish you were local, wouldn't hesitate bringing my LGT in for my center diff transfer drive bearing R&R.

Props to UD!

Underdog 01-07-2013 01:49 PM

Thanks guys!

BD, I will definitely keep that in mind! Are you a professional photographer, or a hobbyist?

Billy Dagwood 01-07-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog (Post 4234711)
BD, I will definitely keep that in mind! Are you a professional photographer, or a hobbyist?

Somewhere between, I guess? I'm self-taught, but I don't just shoot to amuse myself. I do get paid gigs, but they aren't how I support myself.

Underdog 01-07-2013 03:55 PM

That's great. I'll shoot you a PM to get more details when the time comes.

Billy Dagwood 01-07-2013 05:30 PM

awesome, and congrats again on the new venture

SBT 01-07-2013 09:25 PM

Rick,

Welcome and glad you've chosen to become a site-sponsoring vendor. Really good to see this, especially from someone who is a long-term member, and is as obsessive about their car's mechanicals as I am. Good luck with your product/service launch. LMK if you need anything.

Underdog 01-08-2013 07:01 AM

Thanks Dale!

The shop is open and ready for business. Call me if you need routine service or have parts to be installed and I will quote you a price. :)

For custom work there is no job too big or too small, so let's talk!

I am also available by gchat or AIM using my email address: underdog2457@gmail.com.

robitrice 01-08-2013 08:25 AM

ahem, open house soon? if you did custom exhaust work i would be down in the coming weeks

Underdog 01-08-2013 01:02 PM

Let me know what kind of custom exhaust work you are looking for, and I'll do my best to help you out.

I will be moving into a commercial space in the spring/early summer and would love to host an open house. Until then I am working out of my two-bay garage, which is adequate to get the job done, but can't fit a bunch of people.

In other news... Underdog Motorsports now carries a complete line of aftermarket parts for the Legacy, WRX/STI, and BRZ. I've attached a partial line card with the most relevant manufacturers, but if you don't see a particular manufacturer you are interested in, please don't hesitate to ask! As always, you can call, email, or PM with any questions or requests. :)

*edit* Updated line card and moved it to the first post.

cryo 01-08-2013 04:35 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum

Dave

JermTheElf 01-08-2013 04:50 PM

I was gonna go to Lou's to get a resonator welded in but I may coming out to you when I get some money and time! Congrats!

Underdog 01-09-2013 07:14 AM

I appreciate that sir, and look forward to helping you!

(BTW, your avatar is seriously creepy!)