Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Second Generation Legacy (1994 - 1998) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   upgrade radiator/hoses (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199213)

jayjay 01-06-2013 06:04 PM

upgrade radiator/hoses
 
My radiator has been acting up lately, so i plan on just replacing it along with the hoses. Does anyone know if aluminum radiators and silicone hoses are made for our cars? would Wrx radiators and hoses fit?

Kiyo1990 01-10-2013 03:46 PM

Great question, cant wait to see an answer. One of my plans on my list

monkeyposeur 01-10-2013 05:59 PM

I don't see why a wrx radiator/hoses wouldn't fit. People upgrade to aluminum radiators when they do second gen turbo swaps too but I don't know what people get. Check ebay.

jayjay 01-12-2013 07:21 PM

i found hoses, a company named obx makes them, as far as the radiator i cannot find anything. I would greatly appreciate if anyone else can ad some input!

Tr00b 01-12-2013 07:56 PM

How does a radiator act up exactly?

SpecBamf41 01-12-2013 10:23 PM

your not going to find a bolt in radiator for our cars, your best luck is to measure and find something that can rigged to fit.

twisty 01-14-2013 07:41 AM

if you were looking for an upgrade and wanted to pay for it, there are always radiator shops that could make you one to your specs. here in mesa theres a shop called hawkes that ive had make a 4 row aluminum replacement for my impala back in the day. it had to fit in the space i had, and i had already changed the mounting for it. they did a great job on it and only set me back a couple hundie. i should have pulled it when i sold the car, i could have used it for my truck.

Kiyo1990 01-15-2013 11:34 AM

Ill be doing obx hoses when winter is thru. Do it with the anti freeza flush

jayjay 08-08-2013 01:22 PM

Has anybody found out if a wrx radiator would work?

Zues Marine 08-08-2013 01:34 PM

I ran an impreza-chassis radiator for a bit...

You wont fit its fans in there, mayyybe the legacy ones but the radiator is thicker and shorter so to use it you'll need to Fab a mounting point or ziptie the bitch in there..

I wouldn't do this in the summer

Zues Marine 08-08-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr00b (Post 4243606)
How does a radiator act up exactly?

But this. What's the problem?

r3v_v3ng3 08-08-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayjay (Post 4536240)
Has anybody found out if a wrx radiator would work?

You can make it fit but not a bolt on thing. 2nd gens radiator and shorter and wider while the wrx are taller. Fitted it on mine by grinding/lowering/welding the lower radiator support to make it fit. Had to use the legacy fans and made custom brackets and had to mod the upper radiator holder

pleaidestar 08-08-2013 02:44 PM

Depends if you have a 4eat, unless you plan on running separate tranny cooler as well.

Zues Marine 08-08-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3v_v3ng3 (Post 4536376)
You can make it fit but not a bolt on thing. 2nd gens radiator and shorter and wider while the wrx are taller. Fitted it on mine by grinding/lowering/welding the lower radiator support to make it fit. Had to use the legacy fans and made custom brackets and had to mod the upper radiator holder

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zues Marine
You wont fit its fans in there, mayyybe the legacy ones but the radiator is thicker and shorter so to use it you'll need to Fab a mounting point or ziptie the bitch in there..

I wouldn't do this in the summer


Echhhooooooo...... ;)

r3v_v3ng3 08-09-2013 10:36 AM

To give you an idea. The fan also need trimming
http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/u...rxradiator.jpg
http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/u...tormounted.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 PM.


LegacyGT.com