Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   V.1 Cobb Accessport issues (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199200)

sashadg1 01-06-2013 01:32 PM

V.1 Cobb Accessport issues

Hi Guys,

I have a V.1 Accessport and just recently removed it and got tuned by Infamous tuning. When I bought it I had a serial port on my old computer that was 5 years ago. Computer do not have serial ports anymore at least the 4 computers I have now do not. So I bought a serial to USB converter cable plugged it in and down loaded drivers it found online and still the computers do not see the Accessport. Cobb told me to configure the COM ports. Sorry have no idea how to do that. I have found nothing in searches to figure this out. What in the heck is everybody doing now to use these? Is there a step by step list to configure the port to see the Accessport? I was going to sell this but want to make sure I can give instructions to get it to work.
Any help would be great.

Scott

joeleodee 01-06-2013 01:45 PM

Since your Accessport is unmarried, are you holding the 2 up/down arrow buttons in until you get to the menu list and choose 'connect to PC'(I think) ? Beyond that, ask you question here. They still help out with these questions.

https://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums...ru-AccessTUNER

laff79 01-06-2013 01:52 PM

only way I could get it to run correctly was on an old laptop with WindowsXP installed and a serial port

joeleodee 01-06-2013 01:58 PM

I run my StreetTuner with a serial port adapter to my netbook with XP. My AP connects through the software.

sashadg1 01-06-2013 02:59 PM

Nice one laff79 old laptop with XP and serial port........ Let me give that a try. Outside of an old laptop w/ XP and serial port what are my options? :)

bucko3the7man 01-06-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sashadg1 (Post 4233220)
Nice one laff79 old laptop with XP and serial port........ Let me give that a try. Outside of an old laptop w/ XP and serial port what are my options? :)

Google "configure com port for serial adapter"

Do what it says

sashadg1 01-06-2013 03:15 PM

well I put in a a thread on Cobbs website, we will see. For now anybody else have a clue how to get it to work?

sashadg1 01-06-2013 04:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bucko3 it shows my adapter is on COM3 and says it is working properly. When I hook up the Accessport to the serial adapter it does nothing. My Accessport does not know it is hooked up nor does my computer see it or do anything. One thing I will point out if this makes a difference is I am using an male/male adapter on my converter.

It should work right? or could the problem be the male/male in between the serial converter and Accessport not compatible?

Scott

bucko3the7man 01-06-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sashadg1 (Post 4233292)
Bucko3 it shows my adapter is on COM3 and says it is working properly. When I hook up the Accessport to the serial adapter it does nothing. My Accessport does not know it is hooked up nor does my computer see it or do anything. One thing I will point out if this makes a difference is I am using an male/male adapter on my converter.

It should work right? or could the problem be the male/male in between the serial converter and Accessport not compatible?

Scott

Change it to COM1 and you should be able to see it.

joeleodee 01-06-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeleodee (Post 4233126)
Since your Accessport is unmarried, are you holding the 2 up/down arrow buttons in until you get to the menu list and choose 'connect to PC'(I think) ? Beyond that, ask you question here. They still help out with these questions.

https://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums...ru-AccessTUNER

I can't tell by the photo if you followed.my first piece of advice. The computer will not see the accessport until you set the AP to 'sync to pc'. (I was wrong, it wasn't 'connect to pc'). It'll then say ' waiting for pc'. If that hasn't been done, do that. Then if it's on another com port, you can change that.

sashadg1 01-06-2013 04:40 PM

Ok tried that still nothing

joeleodee 01-06-2013 04:57 PM

Maybe try all com ports on your pc. I know mine will only connect on certain com ports no matter what. I'm not home with my pc right now otherwise I could probably give you some other ideas. Are you on xp?

sashadg1 01-06-2013 08:12 PM

ok I got the Accessport to say waiting for PC by pressing the up/down button right when I gave it power if you wait it will not work. So is says waiting for PC I plugged in the USB with Access map manger open. Nothing, it says "Accessport not connected" and the Accessport is just waiting.

Question I cannot find the old Cobb map maanger CD it came with I have down loaded the newest Map manger which says it covers all older copies. Maybe they are talking about the V.2 Accessport and I need to still use the old version of map manager for this old unit? That is the only thing I can think of. Any ideas

sashadg1 01-06-2013 08:13 PM

tried all the Com ports nothing, it could be the map manager looking for the newer V.2 Accessport

joeleodee 01-06-2013 08:43 PM

That may explain the issue. I'm still not home, but tomorrow, I'll look to see if I have that file I can send you because I think I still have the cd.