Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fourth Generation Legacy (2005 - 2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Green plugs under dash 05 LGT (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199136)

BX77 01-05-2013 07:30 AM

Green plugs under dash 05 LGT

Did some research could not find the answer I needed. Had a vacuum leak fixed last week at AZP. and sent a new log to Cobb, Bill said to reset the ECU. so I wasn't sure if I needed to plug the green connectors for this process. When I was looking for them under the Carpet on the passenger side the only green plugs were tucked up high were connected, now when I installed the AP and went stage 1, they were right there hanging.

A little background info, my Motor blew and long bock and turbo replaced by SOA, when I got it back the Cobb map was still installed, No lights flashing, car runs great but confused on why they are connected??

I reset the ECU and it's reading fine, any help would be great

Thanks
Bx

wurkenman 01-05-2013 08:31 AM

They should only be connected for tuning. Unplug them for use.

BX77 01-05-2013 08:42 AM

Thats what I thought, but wouldn't the dashboard lights flash like it was in test mode?

laff79 01-05-2013 09:17 AM

car shouldn't even start if the plugs are connected. you sure you're looking at the right connectors?

iNVAR 01-05-2013 09:33 AM

The car will start fine with them plugged in, but the car will act strangely and throw a CEL.

BX77 01-05-2013 09:45 AM

I will look again, just did a google image. they showed up smaller then the ones I am looking at. I will be back!!!

BX77 01-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laff79 (Post 4231836)
car shouldn't even start if the plugs are connected. you sure you're looking at the right connectors?

Thank you, and Thank you to all! I was looking at the wrong plugs, the correct ones were tuck under the floor board.

Impatient 01-28-2013 01:00 PM

Wait, don't everyone leave just yet....

Question:

I threw 2 codes in the last couple months, which disabled the cruise / traction control.

Dealer said the 1st was a gascap code, so no huge deal. 2nd time, I got annoyed, and went back (I've been closing gascaps since before you were...well for a long time). More annoyed when the dealer said it was a "missfire" and I needed an induction cleaning (I felt like he was calling me a sucker :mad:). Since warranty was within 1 week of expiring, I agreed to it, to rule out..in case it were something much worse. I get the car back, it runs about the same (not bad, not perfect), no CEL. Drive it for about 2 weeks, now the warranty is officially over. Yesterday I open the passenger door and notice 2 green connectors hanging down from the dash (you don't see them from the driver's seat). First impulse was to connect them. That didn't go well: CEL lit up, and radiator fan went into convulsions. Unplugged them. Situation back to normal....I hope. All I could think was that the dealer disconnected something, masking the problem until the warranty expired.

So just to be sure, are these supposed to be disconnected and hanging loose? Wurkinman thinks so...if we are talking about the same connectors. 2 bright green connectors that just begged to be connected...no nul or blank inbetween???

Gex 01-28-2013 01:14 PM

Those are the test mode connectors. LEAVE them unplugged unless you are loading a new ecu map.

06silvarubiLGT 01-28-2013 02:26 PM

hide them deep behind the noise insulation so you never see them or touch them again!!

BX77 01-28-2013 05:29 PM

+1 ^

Impatient 01-28-2013 09:10 PM

OK, but did I FU by connecting them for a minute or so? Car has been driven since, no apparent damage.

ehsnils 01-28-2013 10:27 PM

Not a problem, they by themselves do nothing special except doing all that flashing and allowing for programming of the ECU. You need a tool to actually change the ECU.

bigjweb 01-28-2013 10:45 PM

Unless he means the green plugs under the glove box. That's for diesel mode. It allows your ecu to change fueling programming for the use of bio-diesel fuel

Impatient 01-29-2013 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 140463I mean these....hanging below the glovebox...on a turbo gas OBXT: