Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwest (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   All Wheel Drive Auto in Kirkland (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198991)

LegacyKid5 01-02-2013 12:42 PM

All Wheel Drive Auto in Kirkland

Looking to have my whiteline roll center and bump steer kit installed because I don't have the time to get it done myself before school starts back up and was just curious if anyone has any experience with All Wheel Drive Auto in Kirkland. They seem to get great reviews online, just curious if any fellow LGT owners had any experience with the shop.

seabass07 01-02-2013 12:46 PM

I'm sure I'm the only one with a negative experience with them. They changed my oil and only hand tightened the drain plug. They didn't even crush the crush washer. 200 miles later, I was 2.5qts down on oil. Fortunately, I noticed the engine sounding different before any damage occurred. They offered a free oil change, but after that, I'd rather not go there.

boxkita 01-02-2013 02:13 PM

There is a decent shop in nearly every corner of Puget Sound. AWD (used them to rebuild my transmission) had a good rep when I used them (2 years ago). When I was looking for a place to do my engine rebuild, they were very spendy. They do have a shuttle service to get you to/from work and a loaner for longer jobs.

Gex 01-02-2013 07:11 PM

AWD auto has a great reputation and I have met a few guys who work there (one is on here I believe). I would have no problem having them install the rsk. Ask for Tim and check out his awesome wrx.

12sechatch 01-02-2013 07:19 PM

I would not hesitate letting them do ANY service on my car. Ryan is one of the only people in the area I trust without question when it comes to my vehicles.

on a related note, Russ it the only person in the area that I let align any of my vehicles.

LegacyKid5 01-02-2013 07:56 PM

Thanks for all the input guys, I ended up making an appointment at pacific import auto since it was about $100 cheaper.

12sechatch 01-02-2013 07:59 PM

Can't go wrong there either ;)

MrTris 01-03-2013 09:46 AM

@LegacyKid5: What day/time? I'm headed in Sat around 330-4ish to get a LOF and hangout. Maybe I'll see you there?

mbcracken 01-03-2013 11:04 AM

AWD Auto is replacing my dead turbo and lots of other aging pipes/hoses. Should be done by Fri/Mon depending on when parts come in. Their pricing seemed reasonable for shop rates and all. Ryan has been very helpful in discussing various repair/replacement options.

Cheers,
Mike

LegacyKid5 01-03-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTris (Post 4228935)
@LegacyKid5: What day/time? I'm headed in Sat around 330-4ish to get a LOF and hangout. Maybe I'll see you there?

I'm dropping the car off saturday morning at 9, but he said it will be kind of an all day thing. So I might see you there when I pick it up!

TheBlackPearl 01-03-2013 01:13 PM

I picked up my Wagon from Jason actually, and Justin owned it before that.
I got a good deal and am satisfied with the transaction.
Only thing that was a little off putting was me noticing the pass side VC gasket leaking 4 days after I bought it, and I was told there was a K&N air filter in it and that was inaccurate.
They quoted me $592 for VC gasket R&R so I opted to do it myself.

I'd buy again from Jason

Caboobaroo 01-06-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gex (Post 4228233)
AWD auto has a great reputation and I have met a few guys who work there (one is on here I believe). I would have no problem having them install the rsk. Ask for Tim and check out his awesome wrx.

I am one of those lucky individuals that work out in the shop:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12sechatch (Post 4228255)
I would not hesitate letting them do ANY service on my car. Ryan is one of the only people in the area I trust without question when it comes to my vehicles.

on a related note, Russ it the only person in the area that I let align any of my vehicles.

:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcracken (Post 4229063)
AWD Auto is replacing my dead turbo and lots of other aging pipes/hoses. Should be done by Fri/Mon depending on when parts come in. Their pricing seemed reasonable for shop rates and all. Ryan has been very helpful in discussing various repair/replacement options.

Cheers,
Mike

I saw your name on the work order and realized that you came to Firestone while I was there for alignments!

All of us that work at AWD Auto are Subaru enthusiasts and me personally, I treat every car that comes in like it was my own. For those of you that have had a bad taste in your mouth about something we did, just remember, we are all human and mistakes can (and have) been made. We always stride to make our customers feel wanted but alas, I'm not a service writer or the owner, just a mechanic that can fix your car with confidence.

mbcracken 01-08-2013 07:38 PM

Picked up my wagon today. They did a great job.

Russ, yup, that be me. I sought AWD based on your recommendation. Thanks.

Cheers,
Mike

dynamic80 01-14-2013 02:21 PM

Off topic, but how was your experience with the VC gasket? Was it a PITA to change? My passenger side is now leaking and I'm contemplating doing it myself and have cut hands trying to get in there (I did sparksplugs and it sucked) OR going elsewhere to do it and have them tackle the small space...

LegacyKid5 01-14-2013 08:05 PM

Just thought I'd let everyone know, I ended up going with All Wheel Drive Auto simply due to location. But my experience was amazing with these guys, very clean shop right of the bat, quite knowledgable, and honest. While they were doing the install of the whiteline roll center and bump steer kit they noticed something else I might want to fix and explained what needed to be done. At that point the alignment had already been done but it would need to be done again after I pulled the front struts out and they offered to do a free check up alignment after I finished up what I needed to do. Just made my appointment for the check up alignment and all I can say is nothing but great things about the guys at AWD Auto, they certainly will have my business in the future and I would recommend them to any subaru enthusiast in the area.