Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   donuts in 2011 3.6r (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198561)

white20113.6R 12-23-2012 09:47 PM

donuts in 2011 3.6r

im just curious is it possible to do donuts in the 2011 legacy 3.6r on dry pavement. im just doing research because i recently got a wreckless op for "doing donuts" when i was jsut trying to leave the parking lot i went back to the same place the next day to take pictures and there was no marks at all i basically just made a wide turn leaving the lot and the cop thought i was doing donuts im just asking is it possible to do one on dry pavement?

blongo804 12-23-2012 10:49 PM

Why do you want to do donuts on dry pavement again?

nightspeed98 12-23-2012 11:09 PM

The traction control on your car is hard to defeat. So it's possible but hard on the car IMO.

Odlgt 12-23-2012 11:09 PM

Is this.....real? Why would someone even ask this question? Just go do it then report back!

O

3.6rrrrrmatey 12-24-2012 12:23 AM

You are really going to have to be violent with it. Maybe even need to stand on the brake to get the revs up. You will also have to get the right angle/momentum because the steering likes to "push".

Likely won't have enough power.

wonka 12-24-2012 01:20 AM

Even if you can't does it really matter? you vs cops = cop's word ftw. Do like everyone else and just drop 2-400 bucks on a lawyer. They'll make it a non moving violation like a faulty tail light and the world will keep turning.

Magic Marker 12-24-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonka (Post 4217299)
Even if you can't does it really matter? you vs cops = cop's word ftw. Do like everyone else and just drop 2-400 bucks on a lawyer. They'll make it a non moving violation like a faulty tail light and the world will keep turning.

Agreed. You're going to waste time going through all that. Just get the ticket reduced, pay the fine and walk away.

dgoodhue 12-24-2012 08:34 AM

Did you spin/squeal the tires or not? Trying to prove that your car can't do donuts in the dry by showing forum thread to a judge/court isn't going to win a ticket. The police report sometimes can be really detailed.

ChemicalWaste 12-24-2012 08:55 AM

It's really not that difficult to defeat a ticket, especially a wreckless op. Wreckless op is pretty serious, so make him prove you were doing doughnuts. They don't take the cops word as much as people might think. Sometimes, if they can't make the original charge stick they will drop it, not just reduce it. If you have pictures where you were and there are no marks, i think you have a good shot at beating the ticket. To make wreckless op stick, they better have good evidence.

TwoTone 12-24-2012 09:20 AM

I'd take the pictures of no marks, point out to the judge you're in an AWD. I doubt the judge is a car expert, so basically say it's impossible to do donuts in a AWD car.

wonka 12-24-2012 11:15 AM

Not sure if these guys have had as many tickets as me, but I've never lost any points off my license. Over 84mph in Virginia is a reckless driving charge and I beat that with a faulty speedometer. I think its too risky to go in by yourself with 'evidence' of some photo without proof of a date. Unless you are gonna plea for a Prayer for Judgement or something like that, going in solo is an iffy move.
Pay a lawyer and guarantee you don't loose any points. It's all a scam anyway, they just want some damn money(Which they will get) so do it right and give it to your Lawyer. The court gets their money, you are free of severe charges and your insurance doesn't go up. You help the Lawyer send kids to school. And the cop turns out to be wrong. It's win win win.
maybe Ohio is different idk, but around here when its cops vs. us; cops are always right unless you got some video to prove otherwise :/

MN3.6R 12-24-2012 11:31 AM

I thought all of us that drove 5th gen were old at heart and bought our cars for the large trunk space for groceries, not to do doughnuts.

AndreyK 12-24-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN3.6R (Post 4217700)
I thought all of us that drove 5th gen were old at heart and bought our cars for the large trunk space for groceries, not to do doughnuts.

Trunk is kind of small, isn't it? I find it very low in height and hard to get large sized items into it.

nightspeed98 12-24-2012 04:03 PM

If i try i can do it on my LGT, i'm just not in any rush to cause undue expenses/damage.

SurlyOldManMN 12-24-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreyK (Post 4217758)
Trunk is kind of small, isn't it? I find it very low in height and hard to get large sized items into it.

That's just poor planning on your part. Next time make sure you have convenient access to a wood chipper before you take care of business.