Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Need opinion on leather interior (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198534)

Jace2010LGT 12-23-2012 02:09 PM

Need opinion on leather interior

So I have been thinking hard about doing leather seats in my car. I would prefer black leather with perforations in the center. I ran across a med gray set for a deal. Keep in mind it would come with leather door inserts to replace the black cloth and I have silver trim. Here's the problem, do I wait and save for the black leather or buy the gray at a steal? If any photoshop wizards are out there and could hook it up that would be awesome. Also keep in mind I live in hotlanta and black may literally be a PITA in the summer. Thanks for any feedback you can give. I'm doing this because I love leather seats and I sick of getting shocked everytime I close my door. Thanks again.

Magic Marker 12-23-2012 03:38 PM

What color is your exterior?

hmmrdwn 12-23-2012 03:46 PM

What about going with Katzskins and installing them yourself? The Subaru leather seats just seem so cheap. Of your options, I would go with the grey interior rather than the black. Grey goes with everything and would be better in the summer, like you say.

TwoTone 12-23-2012 03:51 PM

We bought a Premium and just went to a local upholstery shop and got Katzkin installed for $1000. You can choose all kinds of combinations. It's the wife's car and I tried to talk her into the red stitching and she said no, about a year later she admitted she wishes she would have done it.

Jace2010LGT 12-23-2012 05:37 PM

My LGT is steel silver. I am going to install myself. Just wondering if it will look strange with the black seat back and trim. Still on the fence. I may just drive over and see if I like the look or not. I just want it to look right, not like an afterthought. Not worried about the quality or install but how the gray will look with the rest being black with silver trim.

minuccims 12-23-2012 05:49 PM

Jace, Grey seats, door panels with black dash and silver accent will look great! The black LGT leather is dark gray anyhow. Do you have any Picts on the gray? Med light or med dark? Are they already made or can you double stitch with black?

hmmrdwn 12-23-2012 05:57 PM

What the heck. Check it out.

Jace2010LGT 12-23-2012 06:16 PM

They are already made and collecting dust on a shelf. That's how I'm getting such a good deal. I just want it to look like the car came that way. Still undecided. It's funny, I installed these same seats in the same color in my old 4runner. The gray is almost the same color as the exterior.

s2baru 12-23-2012 07:54 PM

Id say go for it if ots less than a grand. Black in the south will be killer in summer, or id go with a different insert where your back/butt are a keep the sides a few shades darker imo. It'd be more unique bit I like being different

Jace2010LGT 12-26-2012 12:18 PM

I said to hell with it and ordered it. $390 total. I just couldn't pass it up. Will post pics once I get it and install. It may take around 2-3 weeks. 1 week to show up. 2 weeks to install as I will pull 1 seat at a time and do it while the shop is slow. Kinda excited. Thanks for all of your input.

Jace2010LGT 01-27-2013 03:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Finally finished.

hmmrdwn 01-27-2013 03:36 PM

Wow. Sweet. Saab used to have, parchment seats and black carpet. That looks great. I like the door panels too.

Philberto 01-27-2013 04:31 PM

Jace, that looks really nice. I like how it contrasts with the dark seat panels and compliments the silver trim. I have the ivory color fabric seats in my Outback along with the same silver trim and other than the time it takes to keep it clean, I like the look. When my dark gray starts wearing more in the GT I'm going to consider the lighter color Katzkin. Nice work.

CL21376 01-27-2013 04:52 PM

That looks really good!! Nice job!

hmmrdwn 01-27-2013 05:21 PM

This is one of saab's variations of the parchment seats and dark carpet. Similar to yours....:)

http://www.brewers-saab.com/9-5/11746c.jpg