Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New Member Queens NYC with a 2.5i (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198443)

road race legacy 12-21-2012 09:44 AM

New Member Queens NYC with a 2.5i

6 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone.
My name is Adrian and I purchased this legacy two weeks ago from a private seller in CT.

My previous car was an 04 Audi S4 V8. Very fun car but maintenance costs and gas prices made me get rid of it. I did have warranty on it for the 3 years that I owned it but once that was up I had to get rid of it.
Before that I owned a 91 eclipse gsx and 91 galant vr4 so as you can see I love awd turbo cars.
The subaru is not turbo since I wanted something very reliable and less headaches and at the same time easier to keep stock and not modify it.

Anyways, its an 05 2.5i Limited, silver, black leather interior, one owner, clean carfax, automatic with 140k miles on the clock. Its in pretty decent shape minus the bumpers having minor scrapes and a small crack on the rear bumper. It came with a lot of receipts and well documented service history on it.

As with the previous cars I always try to do my own maintenance and upgrades so I already chanced the spark plugs with some NGK's coppers, and put on a K&N filter and new wipers.

Front left axle has a broken boot but since I don't know how long its been like that I'm going to change the whole axle and while I'm at it I will do the right one just to make sure I won't have to do it for a long time.

It could also use some new tires soon so I'm getting ready to order some General Altimax from tire rack. Can't go wrong for $400 bucks.

In the near future I would like to get the Morimoto H1 Retrofit kit from the retrofitsource and tint the windows. That will pretty much do it for mods.

As far as maintenance goes I plan on doing a full service on fluids (engine, transmission, front diff, rear diff, bleed the brakes).
Any advice on fluids and quantities? I haven't had time to research yet but plan on doing it soon.

Thanks for taking time to read this and I'm looking forward to help the legacygt forum.

For whatever reasons the pics won't load up but I will keep trying.

wurkenman 12-21-2012 12:20 PM

Welcome. I would also recommend the timing belt and all idlers and tensioner. Do the water pump too at this time since the TB has to come off for that.

road race legacy 12-21-2012 12:46 PM

All that stuff was done at around 105k. I don't have the receipts handy right now to tell you exactly but from what I remember that's when it was done. But I do really appreciate the suggestion.

Drift Motion 12-21-2012 01:00 PM

I thought the limited came with LGT wheels?

only the bare base had the 16" wheels

PeterJMC 12-21-2012 03:58 PM

Welcome to the site! You went from a S4 V8 to a 2.5i? Power not a big priority these days? I guess you could say I made a similar transition when I sold my LGT and got a Prius.

road race legacy 12-21-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift Motion (Post 4214966)
I thought the limited came with LGT wheels?

only the bare base had the 16" wheels

As far as I know both the base model and limited have the same size rims/tires.

road race legacy 12-21-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterJMC (Post 4215239)
Welcome to the site! You went from a S4 V8 to a 2.5i? Power not a big priority these days? I guess you could say I made a similar transition when I sold my LGT and got a Prius.

Yes I did. Power is not a priority for the daily driver anymore. My galant and eclipse were much more powerfull than the s4. S4 was pretty quick especially after the few mods I did to it. The problem with audi and especially s4's are fairly expensive when it comes to parts and labor. For example my AC compressor went bad. Bill came to $2200. Thank to warranty I only paid the $100 deductible.
And as of late more and more are having issues with cylinder scoring and timing components. New timing stuff is around 4k plus labor to remove the motor. A new block is somewhere around 10k. I didn't want to deal with any of that once the warranty expired.

Drift Motion 12-21-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Wheels/Tires
16" 5 spoke alloy wheels, 6,5jj, offset 55mm (2.17)
205/55 R16 89H Bridgestone Potenza RE92,
17" 5 spoke alloy wheels, 7jj, offset 55mm (2.17)
215/45 ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza RE 92
guess you are right

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2005.html

Thors Twins 12-23-2012 09:06 AM

Hi Adrian (that's my son's name). Im an ex Queens native from Astoria.
Nice ride~
I just picked up my 05 wagon on Wed

road race legacy 12-24-2012 05:29 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Glad to be here.
Here are some pics of the S4 and Gvr-4

road race legacy 01-28-2013 09:58 AM

Didn't get a chance to register the car yet but did manage to get other things done while its in the garage:
1. oil change with Mobi1 5W30 and Mobil1 Oil fiter. $29.99 on sale at PepBoys.
2. transmission oil change with Royal Purple ATF. Going to drive it for a bit then do the second change and replace the filter at the same time.
4. flushed out the power steering fluid with some fresh Mobil1 Synthetic ATF.
5. did the DRL mod by unplugging the connector under the dash.
6. did the seat belt chime by unplugging the connector under the driver's seat.
7. removed all the seats from the car and cleaned/vacuumed the carpet really good.

TheMahFromTheU 01-29-2013 11:33 AM

I'm a sucker for a silver cars! Bueatiful ride bro... Also in Queens myself. My dad has a 11' 2.5i LTD.

road race legacy 05-12-2013 09:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thank you. ^^
Car will go to the body shop to have the front bumper painted and a new rear bumper since they have a lot of marks from licence plate screws and a crack in the rear one (that's how I got the car).

Anyways, here are some pics with few new mods:
*koni yellows
*epic springs
*17x8 rota g-force hyper black
*245/40-17 Continental DW's
* 5% Tint

scoobyscoodle 05-12-2013 01:04 PM

Welcome!

Underground 05-12-2013 03:42 PM

5% tint in Queens? You're brave! Or you're a cop. Lol. Car looks great!