Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fourth Generation Legacy (2005 - 2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New member and new 2008 QSM spec.B owner. (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198331)

510Finn 12-19-2012 02:33 AM

New member and new 2008 QSM spec.B owner.
 
1 Attachment(s)
I jumped on a 47,500 mile, one owner trade-in at Toyota of Poway (San Diego) after the '07 spec.B (42k miles) deal at Lithia Subaru Oregon City fell through, I was informed a local acquired it via trade-in of their 2012 WRX.

I live in SF Bay Area and booked a flight to Long Beach and my friend that lives nearby in Gardena picked me up drove me down to San Diego. I arrived on Dec. 16th at around 11:00 am. I was pleasantly surprised there was an SPT CAI and SPT CBE (nice unexpected bonus). The car was Q-Certified with a 1 yr/100k Powertrain warranty.

Max Capacity 12-19-2012 04:57 AM

Nice find, enjoy it.

Mad1 12-19-2012 07:17 AM

Congrats, I think you will love your Spec B, mine only has 33K on the speedo though it has rolled more miles than that behind my Motor Home, it's the "Bad Boy Toad"!

http://www1.eboard.com/boards/0/43/7...380/leggy3.png

LosAngelesLGT 12-19-2012 07:23 AM

SPT exhaust has exemplary sound and fitment. :wub:

SPT CAI on the other hand... (kind of a dog honestly, I'd much rather have oem airbox)

510Finn 12-19-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Capacity (Post 4211022)
Nice find, enjoy it.

I am really enjoying it. It replaced my 2003 Bugeye SRP WRX w/68k miles, and modded that I sold to my friend, Heedz.

510Finn 12-19-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad1 (Post 4211102)
Congrats, I think you will love your Spec B, mine only has 33K on the speedo though it has rolled more miles than that behind my Motor Home, it's the "Bad Boy Toad"!

http://www1.eboard.com/boards/0/43/7...380/leggy3.png

Wow! Nice that yours has low miles. Yes, ever since they became available in the US, I wanted to get one, but I couldn't decide to sell my '03 WRX, but turned out the timing was right and was able to get it.

510Finn 12-19-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosAngelesLGT (Post 4211113)
SPT exhaust has exemplary sound and fitment. :wub:

Yes, the sound with this is very nice, my friend said I have version 2 of the SPT CBE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosAngelesLGT (Post 4211113)
SPT CAI on the other hand... (kind of a dog honestly, I'd much rather have oem airbox)

Really?! Based on dyno, WOM, or just general consensus? One thing is, it seems to not be placed in the ideal area, and I also noticed it doesn't have the metal shield to separate the engine area from the filter, so it's picking up heat from the engine. I saw someone add and extra pipe to put the filter lower down in the fender well, but it may also affect the performance of it.

Chris GTO TT 12-19-2012 07:37 PM

I've always wanted the SPT exhaust but cant justify the cost of a new one and they come up for sale so rarely.

The SPT intake puts the MAF in an elbow meaning the airflow is not smooth across the sensor. That means they are difficult to tune for.

LosAngelesLGT 12-19-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 510Finn (Post 4212488)
Really?! Based on dyno, WOM, or just general consensus? One thing is, it seems to not be placed in the ideal area, and I also noticed it doesn't have the metal shield to separate the engine area from the filter, so it's picking up heat from the engine. I saw someone add and extra pipe to put the filter lower down in the fender well, but it may also affect the performance of it.

The SPT intake is unstable, hard to tune and can cause lean conditions (BAD!!!) without a tune. I wouldn't want it on my either of my cars. The OEM airbox is great till low 300whp or roughly 120whp more than stock. Had a K&N that was great till I needed bigger. Will never stray from OEM airbox on the OBXT.

Heedz 12-21-2012 02:47 AM

Hai Kenley!!!!!

I am the current owner of his last car, and this new one is in great condition!!!! Saw it last night!

We traded spaces :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:54 PM.


LegacyGT.com