Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo Powertrains (2.0GT, 2.5GT, 2.5XT) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Need some serious help with this big turbo/oil issue - (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198305)

Gforce3s 12-18-2012 04:07 PM

Need some serious help with this big turbo/oil issue -

I am getting extremely frustrated here with my 05 legacy gt build, and im hoping some of you can help. I picked this car up a year ago with a blown motor. Im an ASE Mastertech, and have built a few cars, never a subaru, but i figured it should be no issue. Ripped it apart, found a cyl 3 piston blown apart. So eventually what i ended up doing was going to fred beans and ordering a brand new assembled block, oil pump, timing belt kit, water pump, stock oil pump pickup. I sent my heads to my local machine shop for all new valves and to be nice and cleaned up. Re assembled the engine, no issues at all. Did a TGV delete, went with 740 injectors, upgraded fuel pump, 16G turbo from BNR. AVO top mount, cobb intake, megan racing header up pipe, catless downpipe, magnaflow turbo back. I removed the oil screens from the banjo bolts in the head, and i have an infamous performance upgraded oil line kit (the one with 3 lines not just 2). Primed the whole thing properly, broke the turbo and enigine in with non synthetic very gently for 650 miles. EFI Logics in CT did the tuning, made 318hp 336tq @18lbs. Drove it for 3 weeks, got to 1300 miles and all of a sudden out of nowhere, on the highway at cruse speed my turbo blows. So i take it off and send it back to BNR, he rips it apart and says it got ridicuously hot and is oil starved. Payed to have it rebuilt, got it back, replaced the AVCS valves yet again with oem subaru ones again, JUST to make sure. Had the turbo oil supply line off of the turbo (without the turbo on the car) and cranked it over, plenty of oil flow coming out in my opinion, but couldnt really check pressure there. Put the turbo back on, did everything again. Now its been about 600 miles, got a P0011 and the turbo sounds like its going to go any minute. Im at a loss. I feel like ive replaced everything possible and upgraded everything i could. Does ANYONE have any ideas on whats going on?

Cone_Killer 12-18-2012 04:24 PM

Which feed line are you using?

Max Capacity 12-18-2012 04:28 PM

You'll want to contact m sprank, tell him your store. he can help.

sales@infamousperformance.net

I believe he designed the line you have.

Gforce3s 12-18-2012 04:32 PM

Using the full (3 line) infamous kit. I just sent this to sales@infamousperformance.net hopefully he has some ideas...

Max Capacity 12-18-2012 04:34 PM

I'm sure Mike will.

I see your new here. Mike's the one you want to talk too.

Gforce3s 12-18-2012 04:39 PM

Thanks for the help, i see your in Tolland, im in Coventry, about a mile from the Tolland line. Small world.

Max Capacity 12-18-2012 05:06 PM

I'm about 1000 ft from Rt 32 in the southeast corner of Tolland. The last street in Tolland off South River RD just west of the train tracks.

If you ever need help let me know.

Gforce3s 12-18-2012 05:16 PM

If you know where skunkamaug golf corse is, im right on that. Ive got a whole shop setup here, lift and everything. If youve ever seen the 75 white vette with the blower 2ft out of the hood thats me as well haha.

Max Capacity 12-18-2012 05:26 PM

No, Haven't seen the vette. Sounds nice.

ripemeat 12-20-2012 03:29 PM

there's a few factors here to consider. 1. is there proper oiling getting to the turbo, 2. is there proper coolant getting to the turbo. 3. do you know what afr's you're running at WOT. 4. what boost are you hitting and sustaining? since you're having an avcs code and turbo failures, it seems to me like the turbo isn't getting proper oil, also the avcs solenoid which is fed by the same oil feed line. if the avcs solenoid doesn't receive enough oil it will throw a 0011/0021. what people don't understand is, if a turbo blows on your turbo subaru, you have to be aware that the chra material and shrapnel can 1. end up flying out of the compressor housing and into the combustion chambers and/or 2. being drained into the oil pan and potentially recirculated throughout the engine- thus clogging any banjo filters present thus the continuance of a p0011/21 code. and when that happens, guess what, the (new)turbo loses oil from then on until the bolts are removed, inspected, and cleaned(the head banjo infront of the uppipe).

somethings fishy here, and its a coincidence that the avcs and the turbo are ill. yet they are both fed by the same oil line.