Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New owner of 08 LGT Spec.B with lots of mods (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198084)

scoobie_Bspec 12-14-2012 01:09 PM

New owner of 08 LGT Spec.B with lots of mods

Hello guys, I recently purchase a 08 LGT Spec.B with lots of mods and i love it! here the list of mods in my LGT:
I live in the NH area and im also looking to meet up with more LGT owners in the area, hope to hear from you guys in the area
Engine:
2011 STI block (11k miles @ 94k install)
99.5mm Wiseco pistons
Eagle Connecting rods
Nitrided Subaru crank
New 2011 STI Main/rod bearings
STi 11mm oil pump
Moroso oil pickup
BNR HTA68 Turbo
Subtle solutions alternator cover
Gates racing Timing belt
Custom stainless oil line setup w/ FP inline filter for turbo
Deatschwerks 850cc injectors
Racer-x FMIC
Forge recirc BPV
TGV Delete
Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS
SPT Short Ram Intake
SPT Turbo Heat Shield
SPT Battery hold down
Invidia Quad Tip Catback
Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley
Perrin Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe
Group N Engine Mounts
NGK One Step Colder Iridium Spark Plugs LFR7AIX
ACT Streetlite Flywheel
FMS Uppipe
Secondary air delete
Wrinkle red Valve covers
S2 Industries air/oil separator
AEM 1 gal. water/methanol injection/aem filter

Transmission:
Group N Trans Mount
Group N Pitch Stopper
Group N Trans Crossmember Bushings
Group N Rear Shifter Bushing
Perrin Front Shifter Bushings
ACT 566 ft.lbs. Pressure plate
ACT full face sprung clutch disk
Techna-fit stainless clutch line
Amsoil 75w90 Severe gear

Suspension:
Perrin 25mm Front Sway Bar
Perrin 25mm Rear Sway Bar
Perrin Adjustable Rear Lateral Links (Camber)
Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks
SPT Chassis Underbrace
STi Front Strut Brace
Tein S.Tech Springs
Whiteline rear diff insert lock down bushing

Wheels/Tires:
Black Powdercoated Rota Torque 18x8 +48
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 215/45R18

Brakes:
2007 STi Brembos F&R
rear brembo adapters
Cross drilled/slotted/powdercoated rotors
Techna-fit Black coated SS brake lines
ATE Super blue fluid
Grimmspeed master cylinder brace

Interior:
Stock Navigation
12" TC Sounds LMS-R DVC Subwoofer
JBL GTO 600.1 Amp
DEFi -20Hg to 30 psi boost guage
AEM UEGO afr guage
AEM water/meth 1000cc flow guage
AVO 52mm dash pod
JDM/EDM center console
Rewrapped Shift knob in black alcantara with cherry blossom red stitch

Exterior/Lighting:
Taillight Smoked Lamin-x Overlays
Tinted Rear Reflectors
"Roll-pan" Blacked Out
De-chromed Taillights
De-Spoilered
De-Mudflapped
Rear Windows 20% Tint
Baked Headlights Painted Inner Housings
Diode Dynamics 4300k HID Kit
Redline Tuning hood struts
Liberty Badge
JDM Stanza Type II Trunk Lip Spoiler
JDM Double L badge overlays
Body color matched Fog light covers
Ravspec CF grill

BarManBean 12-14-2012 01:11 PM

You have shtbxr's car. Congrats! Hope you know what you're doing with that thing...:)

scoobie_Bspec 12-14-2012 01:22 PM

Yes, i bought his car, now that is a great question. I love it the way it is as far of performance and upgrades. All i will add it will be some kicker speakers for the doors for when I'm driving long trips.

Im new to the hole Subaru, but i have always like the LGT concept and look of it, now im not so sure what id like to do with it since so far is a daly driver car, i am open for suggestion though.

BarManBean 12-14-2012 01:31 PM

Oh boy...

No offense, but the car you bought is probably gonna be a rough starting point for you. From the sounds of things you own a heavily modified car and don't really know your way around it. Guess you'll learn...ask your questions here :)

SCASEYS 12-14-2012 01:34 PM

Welcome to the boards
I need to see this in person. I also have the EDM console swap(it's a NH thing)
that car is beast!

scoobie_Bspec 12-14-2012 01:52 PM

Yes it is heavily modified but it wasn't as hard to drive as i thought. I must admit I had to get used to the clutch. I stalled it a lot in heavy traffic areas but i've got it down now and drive it well. The one thing I changed is I put a whole new ISC Suspension. The area i live in is a lot rougher than the car was used to. Also, I got 17 BBS rims from the STI. Those have been the only add-ons and will be that way for a while. This is the first vehicle with a turbo charged engine that I have owned. Also, my beautiful lady loves the car and that alone is very gratifying to me. This being a heavy modified vehicle and being turbo charged, is the maintenance the same? Like how much more time and money and things like that are involved with a turbo engine rather than a n/a vehicle?

.:Catalyst:. 12-14-2012 03:33 PM

Driving it isn't the issue. Maintenance and upkeep will be. Do a lot of reading here (then read it all over a few more times). Turbo engines can be plenty reliable, but monitoring what's going on with a highly modified one are going to be key. Get to know who tuned it, and what parameters you should monitor via the tuning tool used (Cobb AP or RomRaider/LV with Tactrix). Watch the oil levels, these cars use oil. Also choose a quality oil to use (I and many others swear by Shell Rotella T6 5W-40). I check oil weekly.

Enjoy! Car has tons of potential for many smiles down the road - just know what you have and how to keep it running well. :cool:

scoobie_Bspec 12-14-2012 05:01 PM

Wow thank you very much guys for all the good support and information. I must admit keeping up with the maintenance is going to be my biggest challenge you guys are very right since the last thing id like to happen would be to mess things up. My one concern would be is where to start here in the forum as for maintenance, so far i have been reading and trying to learn but i feel overwhelmed with a lot of info, and not only that since this car has a lot mods most of the things i read are for LGT that are only up to stage4 and i believe since it's fully built its hard to find the right thread.

Berzerklo 12-14-2012 05:30 PM

Holy crap! That thing is running meth injection?

scoobie_Bspec 12-14-2012 07:12 PM

oh yes, it is Officer Berzerklo, and thank you all for the welcome, im very appreciative and also guys Im very new to a forum base discussion so if you guys like i have a FB account that i i use mostly and i have some pics of the car there too. If interested you can find me by my email and that is aamp75@gmail.com. so far i love this forum, there is so much info, which is a little bit over welding.

ty all for the compliments and good advise, i hope i can become better and understand everything about my second lady...

PeterJMC 12-14-2012 09:48 PM

Welcome to the site! Looks like you have a monster of a ride :)

BarManBean 12-14-2012 09:51 PM

Curious, how old are you?

scoobie_Bspec 12-14-2012 10:16 PM

Bumps to all, thank you very much guys, IDK if i consider it a monster ride been so smooth and sexy. Now yes its very quick but only in sport-#, in I-drive and sport is still quick, but not bad. I love every minute of the drive, now is there other guys from the NH area other than scaseys? I'm very intrigue in meeting some more LGT owners. I even got a wave by another LGT owner driving on route 3 near the Hookset area, hopefully he is in this Forum. Oh and BarmanBean Im 28 born in July 30, 84.

PeterJMC 12-14-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobie_Bspec (Post 4204665)
Bumps to all, thank you very much guys, IDK if i consider it a monster ride been so smooth and sexy. Now yes its very quick but only in sport-#, in I-drive and sport is still quick, but not bad. I love every minute of the drive, now is there other guys from the NH area other than scaseys? I'm very intrigue in meeting some more LGT owners. I even got a wave by another LGT owner driving on route 3 near the Hookset area, hopefully he is in this Forum. Oh and BarmanBean Im 28 born in July 30, 84.

You should check out the New England forum. That forum is specific for members in that region.

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisp...ngland-21.html

scoobie_Bspec 12-14-2012 10:57 PM

^^^ Well thank you very much PeterJMC i deff will, there is so much good info, but I have also encounter the Legacygt.org, would it be related to this .com? And
Is it a good idea to join it also?
Well im off to the NE forum, thanks again PeterJMC