Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Rom raider + logger see logs and dyno (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197372)

volodyalysak 12-02-2012 08:32 PM

Rom raider + logger see logs and dyno

3 Attachment(s)
2005 Legacy gt 146 K miles,
500 miles on new shortblock
new spark plugs

reused heads

Just seems like that the power not available all the time.

Thanks

volodyalysak 12-02-2012 08:43 PM

And i can't find "knock sum" parameter in romraider for some reason

iNVAR 12-02-2012 09:38 PM

I told you something's wrong and based on your logs I can tell I'm probably right. Unfortunately, your logs aren't very useful.

1) I'm assuming this is a stock tune.

2) Even if it's not, something's still not right. Your have very small positive knock control advance (aka Dynamic Advance) which indicates that timing is being pulled.

3) Read this:
http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic...20duty%20cycle

4) Log the following please and remove everything else. Also, please make sure Fast Polling is enabled and disable "absolute timestamps" (having timestamps in milliseconds is preferred.)

Boost Error* (psi)
Engine Load (4-Byte)* (g/rev)
Engine Speed (rpm)
Feedback Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)
Fine Learning Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)
Gear (Calculated)* (position)
IAM (1-byte)** (multiplier)
Ignition Total Timing (degrees)
Intake Air Temperature (F)
Knock Sum* (count)
Manifold Relative Pressure (4-byte)*
Mass Airflow (g/s)
Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)
Throttle Opening Angle (%)

I'm asking for a lot of items, but it'll give us a good look at what's going on. Many of those parameters will not show up on your logging list until your laptop is actually connected to the ECU so plug it in first.

5) Do your logs from 2K-redline in 3rd gear. It's hard and you need a long empty stretch of road to do it safely. If you can't get to redline, it's okay, but at least start from 2K and go as high as you can safely go for us.

6) Post a Learning View screenshot.

volodyalysak 12-02-2012 10:05 PM

Ok, so you saying i don't see some parameters because i pre set them without cable plugged in. Will check tomorrow, and post new logs.
It is hard to log from 2k to redline, i was doing like 90+ today at 6500 rpm. Can i do it in second gear ???
Thanks for your help

volodyalysak 12-02-2012 10:10 PM

I read that link before, i'm just total noob in tuning, but will update this post tomorrow with some usefull logs.
And by the way, is it OK to do datalogging with 500 miles on the block ? I already changed oil once after rebuild.

iNVAR 12-03-2012 02:26 AM

Not sure about datalogging with mileage. The datalog itself won't hurt but now that I think of it, are you supposed to be taking it easy during break in?

2nd gear isn't good enough, nope, sorry.

Also, I thought your boost was reading low but now that I think of it, you're also at high elevation so that probably explains it I think.

ehsnils 12-03-2012 05:49 AM

The graph in first post looks really strange. Either you have a boost leak or exhaust leak or you have a turbo that's way too big and don't start to give full boost until you are at redline. Of course - without proper log data from knock sensor etc. it's hard to tell.

iNVAR 12-03-2012 06:04 AM

yeah, that graph is completely wrong. i'd ignore it until he can get a proper data log.... but like i asked before, isn't he supposed to be taking it easy during break in?

volodyalysak 12-03-2012 06:48 AM

Yeah i'm taking easy, i don't do anything crazy, just couple of pulls, i hope it wan't hurt anything.

ripemeat 12-03-2012 09:51 AM

You're not hitting target boost for a stock tune, you probably have a boost leak somewhere or someone didn't hook something up right from the get-go. Also, knock correction advance is showing you what timing is currently being added to your base timing map based on what your knock correction advance table says. It's tough to predict what it should be without seeing your timing tables but your KCA should be higher- since the lowest KCA on a stock 05 map is 2.11* and zero. So you more than likely have learned knock.

ripemeat 12-03-2012 10:02 AM

or your IAM is less than 1

iNVAR 12-03-2012 12:01 PM

He's at elevation, I think that may explain low boost.

ripemeat 12-03-2012 12:32 PM

damn, at altitude 10psi is an erection-stopper.

volodyalysak 12-23-2012 09:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got time to day to do some datalogging, dyno looks weird to me. And i need to know hows everything looks.
Car seems to be pooling better today than two weeks, ago, but still feels like turbo is taking way to long to spool. Maybe those datalogs will tell you guys what is going on.

iNVAR 12-24-2012 02:39 AM

Are you actually doing a pull from 2K to redline? Because the log shows your throttle only open at 40% at 2K... I'm also not familiar experienced with how boost is affected by elevation so this is new to me personally.

BTW, your LV is crap. Your IAM is at 0.500. Did you reset recently?? Because I don't see any learning in the cells at all. Turn on your DTC reader.

edit: Did you read any of what I asked you to do before? Please review what I wrote and do as I asked. Disable absolute timestamps. Enable fast polling. Log those parameters.