Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legacy Photos (2005-2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Auspex's 2005 5mt ltd GT Wagon (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197319)

auspex 12-01-2012 05:45 PM

Auspex's 2005 5mt ltd GT Wagon

1 Attachment(s)
Hey yo

Figured I'd get this out there as I've been lurking for long enough. Just picked up a 2005 GT ltd wagon with the 5mt. I've previously had a 97 Legacy Gt sedan with all sorts of goodies and a 300whp 2005 Forester XT. I didn't particualry like the Forester build so I got rid of it and figured I"d start over with the LGT wagon.

It's 100% bone stock and will stay that way until it starts to warm up. I do NOT like working in my non insulated, non heated garage when it's 10deg outside.

Since I've been playing with turbo'd Subies for a while I have a pretty damn good idea where I want to start with...Here's where I plan to go with it:

Suspension/Wheels/Tires (to be installed):
Eiback Pro-kit
KYB GR2's
18x8.5 et48 Rota G-Forces
235/40/18 Hankook V12's
Whiteline F/R sways + endlinks

Motor (to be installed):
Invidia up/down pipe
Custom mid
Stock muffler
STi TMIC
HTA-68 (not 100% on turbo choice..not really interested in upgrading injectors)

Miscellaneous:
Kartboy Short throw
Subtle Alt and Radiator shroud

I'm purposefully putting up a boring pic of it as is so that any upgrades will shine! :)

Gex 12-01-2012 08:52 PM

Already on springs? Back end looks low for stock.

auspex 12-03-2012 01:10 PM

It's possible one of the previous owners threw some on there, but I've had eibachs on another vehicle and it sure doesn't feel the same.

goobaru 12-03-2012 01:21 PM

Good plan. Big fan of Rotas

TurboLag23 12-03-2012 09:35 PM

Looks good; congrats on scoring a GT LTD manual wagon! I kind of hate you out of jealousy, but I'll get over it hahahahaha. Welcome!

As for mods, I'd recommend injectors, a fuel pump, and a EBCS to support that turbo. Up/down and intercooler help, but the other stuff's kind of necessary for a turbo that big. Most turbos need injectors as support; the biggest that doesn't (debatably) is the VF-52 or BNR 16G.

Probably wouldn't kill to have a nice set of brakes too; some Centrics and pads and SS brake lines should do nicely. Even new pads will make a nice difference.

All that ^^^^^ should add up to just over $1,000. The engine mods will greatly increase your reliability if nothing else. The brake mods are more a personal preference thing... the stock ones are fine, there's just options if you want better haha

Drift Motion 12-04-2012 12:18 AM

STi TMIC?
Do you have STi manifold swap?

Legacsti11 12-04-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift Motion (Post 4185638)
STi TMIC?

He is right with out the Sti manifold and Swap like I did a Sti Tmic is a different fitment. When and if you do the swap or if your collecting parts now for your build ahead of time let me know. I have a ETS Tmic that is Sti Fitment in my thread located here:
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...es-195943.html
Good luck with the car...

auspex 12-08-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift Motion (Post 4185638)
STi TMIC?

Hmmm, no I don't. I had a 2005 Forester XT so I figured any of the mods I had done on that would work. Guess it's more research time.

Thanks for the heads up!

auspex 12-08-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboLag23 (Post 4185487)
Looks good; congrats on scoring a GT LTD manual wagon! I kind of hate you out of jealousy, but I'll get over it hahahahaha. Welcome!

As for mods, I'd recommend injectors, a fuel pump, and a EBCS to support that turbo. Up/down and intercooler help, but the other stuff's kind of necessary for a turbo that big. Most turbos need injectors as support; the biggest that doesn't (debatably) is the VF-52 or BNR 16G.

I need to do a bit more turbo research then. I was remember from looking at turbos for my Forester a few years ago that the HTA68 wasn't that big, but my memory sucks. I want this car to be a couple steps up from stock, but nothing that requires new pump and injectors. EBCS is easy enough to install, took me 15mins in my Forester.

Thanks for the advice.