Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Nameless Performance Axelback on a 3.6r (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197121)

micwithoutthek 11-28-2012 01:57 AM

Nameless Performance Axelback on a 3.6r

Hello Legacygt forums! This is my first post on here after venturing on here for about 2 months. Im a sorta new owner of a 2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R. And quite frankly am loving it. I came from a 2003 Subaru WRX that was my daily driver that i heavily modified and looked like this:
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/...-54-20_516.jpg

But it was unreliable after changing turbos, engine parts, and having around 200k miles on it, and the transmission blew up and i decided to retire it from daily driver status to PROJECT CAR status. Which is on hold while i enjoy my new car!

So here it is:
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/...I/DSC00243.jpg

Not as flashy or menacing, but one hell of a ride. I decided against the GT version because i would just get back into the modding game and start making it like my WRX. But the one thing i want is to get a little more tone out of the car. I have read all of the people on here and other forums and the talks of the Megan racing, Perrin and Invidia axle back systems. And quite frankly i was going to get a Perrin but then i saw the Nameless performance Muffler deletes and was going to ask if anyone here has tried them. But then i saw they have a set now with Mufflers on them! and they look great! im about to buy a set ($399 with a coupon, so just a little more then the Megans and $250 less then the Perrins) and give them a go. I will report my findings. Im hoping they line up alright and sit pretty flush with the Exhaust holes.

I also want to thank everyone who has posted on here about the 3.6R. Doesn't seem like there is a lot of mods, but every little bit helps!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/...STI/thetwo.jpg

Ruger357 11-28-2012 05:51 AM

Interested to hear your feedback on these. I am interested in an axle back, but I cannot stand drone at 6 am during my commute.

GTEASER 11-28-2012 10:01 AM

Subscribed. Maybe Nameless can let us know if they will fit the GT also.

Sleepr56 11-28-2012 10:33 AM

Welcome to the fold.

I was about 5 minutes away from hitting the purchase button on the Nameless "w/muffler" axle-backs for the 08+ WRX/STi sedan, but my buddy got back to me with decent pricing on the Perrin's, so I went that route.

From looking at the hangers, I don't see why they wouldn't fit. You could probably find a set used on NASIOC as well.

Do it up! :cool:

s2baru 11-29-2012 06:40 PM

They will fit....only thing is the first hanger to may have to extend a few inchea that it. Even.with the one hanger they will stay in place just fine.

Subie_Mick 11-30-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTEASER (Post 4176487)
Subscribed. Maybe Nameless can let us know if they will fit the GT also.

I have Bens Perrins on my GT. They fit fine just require some tweaking of the rubber hangers.

Any 2008 WRX sedan ABE will fit our cars.

GT - Bolts right up - needs hanger tweaking
3.6R - Bolts right up - needs hanger tweaking
2.5i - only need the drivers side - Perrin will do this for half the price - Bolts right up - needs hanger tweaking

micwithoutthek 11-30-2012 01:18 PM

Well good to know. I orded them and they told me its going to take like two weeks to get them made and shipped. But as soon as i get them ill throw up some before and after pics and videos for some added ideas for people trying to modify the 3.6R.

BTW Subie_Mick where in the burgh are you from? Im from the south hills!

faded-a-fool 12-01-2012 10:22 AM

Subscribed. Let us know if these fit with a little massaging. Maybe we won't have to wait until a legit set of Nameless axel backs are made for the 5th gen Legacy.

Blizzard 12-01-2012 09:17 PM

Are they going to have dual tips on each side or does he make singles now?

micwithoutthek 12-02-2012 12:59 AM

Its coming with singles. I didnt think duals would fit. but man duals woudl look nice if they fit haha

wrxmax 12-05-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micwithoutthek (Post 4180677)
Well good to know. I orded them and they told me its going to take like two weeks to get them made and shipped. But as soon as i get them ill throw up some before and after pics and videos for some added ideas for people trying to modify the 3.6R.

Iím interested in the Nameless AB fit and finish, installation fitment, and the sound. If you have time can you weigh the new mufflers and factory mufflers to compare? Thanks again and I hope you love them.

5thgen2.5i 12-05-2012 09:42 AM

Another pittsburgh nice. I'm from the south hills as well. (Sorry for off topic)

micwithoutthek 12-06-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrxmax (Post 4187635)
Iím interested in the Nameless AB fit and finish, installation fitment, and the sound. If you have time can you weigh the new mufflers and factory mufflers to compare? Thanks again and I hope you love them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thgen2.5i (Post 4187699)
Another pittsburgh nice. I'm from the south hills as well. (Sorry for off topic)

As soon as they come in i will upload before and after pics, videos and sure ill weight the factory vs the new ones no problem!

And gotta love the burgh! I live like 2 minutes from the south hills Subaru shop. Its convient lol

coppertone 12-07-2012 05:43 PM

No of course I am salivating as I LOVE exhaust threads. Alas based upon my doctors new findings, I will have to have another surgery on my arm. Which translates to not driving my Legacy until the summertime. All of that audio just sits in my car in the garage collecting dust bunnies. Right now I am living vicariously through you gentlemen, so keep these exhaust notes coming...

faded-a-fool 12-07-2012 08:22 PM

Get well soon Coppertone