Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwest (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reputable Suby shop around Seattle (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197019)

Kodax 11-26-2012 12:09 PM

Reputable Suby shop around Seattle

Are there any reputable suby shops around Seattle? I know Outback is in Auburn but it is kinda far and I need my 60k service down asap.

Berzerklo 11-26-2012 12:22 PM

I have been using Pacific Rim Auto on Stone Way in Wallinford for all of my vehicles (03 WRX, 01 Cherokee and the Legacy) since I moved here 5 years ago. They are professional and do extremely good work that all carries a 1 year warranty. They also have a fleet of loner cars for you to use if you need a car when it is in the shop (I would call to confirm availability if you really need it though).

http://www.pacrimauto.com/

Also in the area is R&H Garage across the street from Greenlake on 99. I have heard good things from others but have never used them personally.

Gex 11-26-2012 12:29 PM

R&H is a good shop, AWD auto in Kirkland is another good option for service work. Can't go wrong either way.

a93x 11-26-2012 12:31 PM

Drive down to Portland and come to PRE. They are the best in the northwest. Have been around for a good amount of time.
503 619 0055
Jason and Erich will treat you right. Bobby will give you the best tune you'll ever see

adreyna 11-26-2012 02:10 PM

R&H Garage has the best prices IMO and is family owned and operated. They'll done just about everything to my LGT.

206 782 7809 ask for Hunter.

12sechatch 11-26-2012 02:36 PM

Listed in order of my preference for this type of work:

Subaru Service of Seattle ---- Ballard
AWD Auto ---- Kirkland
Outback Auto ---- Auburn
R&H Garage ---- Seattle

Zero1 11-26-2012 02:39 PM

Surgeline, Rallitek, AVO, I'm sure there are more.

NW is kind of a breeding ground for Subies from what I understand...

12sechatch 11-26-2012 02:42 PM

hence why he posted in the regional forum. The shops you listed are either not close to him, and or do not do service.

a93x 11-26-2012 02:45 PM

Cobb surge line doesn't do service? Lol mmkk

12sechatch 11-26-2012 03:15 PM

"are either not close to him, and or do not do service"

which part of that statement do you think applies to Surgeline, in relationship to the OP looking for a shop "around seattle"???

I'll give you a hint, it is NOT the 'do not do service' part.

a93x 11-26-2012 03:24 PM

Someone's a little testy LOL. I'd rather take the short drive to a reputable shop than give someone my car in town I didn't really want in the first place. There's nothing wrong with reccoomendjg better choices that require a small drive.

12sechatch 11-26-2012 03:30 PM

While I agree with that when it comes to tunes and/or large services, I do not agree when it comes to replacing:

spark plugs
coolant
oil
trans and dif fluid.

that is all we're talking about here. It is not worth a 3 hour drive for that.

Is it worth a 3 hour drive for a tune? you bet it is (for the record, I have an always will have Tim B. tune my cars). but for a 60K service? come on, be realistic.

a93x 11-26-2012 03:33 PM

Fair enough. Suppose I didn't notice the 60k part.
If you don't have time or would rather just pay to have work done I'd still go anywhere other than a dealership.IMO. But hey that's just me. (I know you mentioned other shops besides just a stealer ship)

12sechatch 11-26-2012 03:38 PM

No one has mentioned a dealer at all in this thread.

but yes, no need to pay dealer prices for this service.

boxkita 11-26-2012 04:17 PM

Why there is not a sticky for shops in the Northwest, idk. This question comes up every few months, with the same debate.

Then again, this seems like something you could do in your garage (if you have one). Speaking of which, outback auto let me come in and use their lift to do some work on my car with a mechanic assisting. I still paid the shop rate for the work. But I walked away with some lessons learned before attempting at home.