Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Classifieds - ARCHIVE (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   FS (VA): 2 Undertrays (splash guards) (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196792)

BarManBean 11-22-2012 09:09 AM

FS (VA): 2 Undertrays (splash guards)

5 Attachment(s)
Two undertrays for sale, I'm definitely going to sell one of them and will consider selling both. They are in varying condition, but both of them will mount up, stay put, and do what they are designed to do. Details on each:

#1: SOLD
  • Busted driver's front bolt mount and accompanying crack through to the edge
  • Busted bracket piece towards the rear, passenger side.
  • First three pictures
#2:
  • Pretty good shape overall
  • One "bubble" in the plastic near the oil filter access that ideally needs some time of stiff material attached to straighten it out. I was just going to attach an old transmission mounting bracket (metal) i have with some bolts to make that area of plastic flat again
  • Last two pictures
$40 for #1, $60 for #2. Prices are local pickup in northern VA, I can check on shipping for those interested.

BarManBean 11-23-2012 06:44 AM

bump.

BarManBean 11-25-2012 06:30 PM

bump.

BarManBean 12-01-2012 08:49 AM

Bump. Who needs an undertray?!?

aac0036 12-01-2012 01:44 PM

Hey, I was looking at these but I noticed when I got my car that it already has the 2 triangular portions on the sides that extend vertically, but no center part where the headers are. Are you willing to sell only the center part of one of them, and what's your best price to 01907? These both have removable doors for routine maintenance, correct? Thanks!

BarManBean 12-01-2012 02:20 PM

Are you saying the whole part that is horizontal to the ground, or just a center area of that piece? I'd have to know exactly where you would want me to cut it and then I can look into it.

Yes, both have oil filter doors for access.

aac0036 12-01-2012 03:38 PM

As far as I know there should be no cutting. What I have now attaches to the inner part of the wheel well and the part horizontal to the ground is triangle shaped. What I seem to need is the 1 flat part that connects both side pieces and lies right under the engine.

Maybe it's mine that's been cut? I will check tomorrow during daylight and let you know. Sorry if this is confusing!

sigmafour 12-01-2012 04:17 PM

pm'd about the first tray...

BarManBean 12-01-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmafour (Post 4182213)
pm'd about the first tray...

replied!

BarManBean 12-01-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aac0036 (Post 4182155)
As far as I know there should be no cutting. What I have now attaches to the inner part of the wheel well and the part horizontal to the ground is triangle shaped. What I seem to need is the 1 flat part that connects both side pieces and lies right under the engine.

Maybe it's mine that's been cut? I will check tomorrow during daylight and let you know. Sorry if this is confusing!

The undercover is entirely one piece (aside from the oil filter access and two little hatches). If you are saying that only the vertical pieces are on your car it's because someone previous cut the rest of the tray out. Since you asked for just the middle piece I assumed you wanted me to cut it to save on shipping.

If you want the whole piece I can try to check on shipping but really cant imagine it'll be worthwhile.

aac0036 12-01-2012 09:02 PM

I will check and let you know asap!

BarManBean 12-01-2012 09:06 PM

Undertray #1 has been sold.

aac0036 12-02-2012 10:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
As you can see from my pictures neither piece has been cut off, it seems that the center portion snaps in somehow since there is a clean lip. You might have to check the front or back side of the entire tray to see evidence of this? They must overlap somewhere. What's the best price you can give for just that part since #1 has been sold? Thanks for your time.

BarManBean 12-02-2012 11:08 AM

At work today, will check when I'm home.

subawang 12-03-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aac0036 (Post 4182869)
As you can see from my pictures neither piece has been cut off, it seems that the center portion snaps in somehow since there is a clean lip. You might have to check the front or back side of the entire tray to see evidence of this? They must overlap somewhere. What's the best price you can give for just that part since #1 has been sold? Thanks for your time.

It looks like your undertray setup is different so that the OP's won't work. Maybe the 2.5i and GT's have different setups.