Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Third Generation Legacy (1999 - 2004) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   have an 04 35th anniversary edition legacy. need help finding aftermarket parts (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196498)

agerould044 11-16-2012 07:54 PM

have an 04 35th anniversary edition legacy. need help finding aftermarket parts

i just bought my legacy. and i love it. but now the trouble im having is findind aftermarket parts for my car. in some cases would the non turbo wrx parts work? I need answers and all the help i can get. fisrt time subie owner

elislider 11-17-2012 01:30 AM

you'll have to be more specific about what parts youre talking about. some chassis parts and interior parts will be very specific for this body style, whereas some others parts are very generic for all subarus

octain11 11-17-2012 07:59 AM

are you looking for performance parts such as: intakes, exhaust, wheels, brakes etc.... or body parts. clearly the body parts will not fit, though certain performance parts are compatible...

Zombaru 11-17-2012 08:44 AM

not to hijack.. quick question does the trunk of the sedan have the mounting holes for the spoiler that was an option? i know the wagon does.

octain11 11-17-2012 09:21 AM

i am not certain, you might have to check under the trunk, but from what i know, subaru always has the supplements needed if they car was not equipped with that certain feature. when you buy the spoiler online they come with a mounting template that should also help

agerould044 11-17-2012 07:48 PM

Im looking for intakes. exhausts, other engine mods ect for performance. Body wise I was thinking about going with just a lip kit all the way around. also I wanted to add a small push bumper and mount rally lights. I have black and chrome discontinued 17 inch ultra light weight konig hurry's. also any suspention parts. My only other question is my "driving lights" is there just a fuse I can pull so they arent on?

octain11 11-17-2012 07:56 PM

for performance there is not much you can do, pretty much intake and exhaust... as for suspension, front wrx coils will fit but you will need wrx top hats, for the rears you will need coils for your car, or you can get 4th gen coils but you will also need top hats for those. as for the day lights, from the looks of it you have a L model which has the single light housing , here is a DIY on how to disable DRL: http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic....&hilit=drl+diy

agerould044 11-17-2012 08:07 PM

i kinda figured that I would be stuck with not much performance. any idea about the lip kit. only ones I have run across are really poorly made rubber ones. and yea I do only have the single bulb per housing. I wanted to disable them now and I plan on adding jdm yellow fog light bulbs and 8,000k headlights.

octain11 11-17-2012 08:14 PM

there are multiple threads about lips, use the search tool on the top right of the screen....

agerould044 11-17-2012 08:18 PM

ok thanks for the help man. only other question. is there a scopped hood that came from the factory for my body style?

octain11 11-17-2012 08:23 PM

yes,they only came on RSK and B4, you can get them online, but they are not cheap

Legacy noob 11-18-2012 07:54 AM

98-01 acura integra lips fit our cars wil a little bit of elbow grease

rougeben83 11-18-2012 04:40 PM

Do you new guys ever bother using the search button? It seems every couple of weeks we have another one asking what SIKK MAWDS to do their new car.

agerould044 12-06-2012 02:20 PM

I have been looking around on the internet and some other forums about an exhaust system for my car. but I cant seem to find out the is the correct or best fit for me. some forums say that i need to use a catback from late 90's impreza's. others say that i can use ones that are for 04 impreza's. money is a bit of an issue so i have been looking at ebay alot and found a few for around 150 bucks. but which one would give me the best fit and least amount of issues?

Legacy noob 12-06-2012 08:32 PM

Use the search tool in the future. And i recommend going to an exhaust shop and getting a custom one made, it seems to be the most bang for your buck. If you wanted to buy the pieces first go on boxer4racing.com and get them there