Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Traded legacy today (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196265)

10legacy 11-12-2012 06:17 PM

Traded legacy today

I traded the legacy in today. I took off the single perrin exhaust and may post it for sale if any one is interested.

this is what i traded it for

http://imageshack.us/a/img248/1430/imagepiw.jpg

hmmrdwn 11-12-2012 06:36 PM

Good luck with the Rogue.

TwoTone 11-12-2012 07:00 PM

Not to be rude, but knowing Subie AWD is the best, why not go with a Forester?

PoManzAWD 11-12-2012 07:01 PM

My In-laws are on their second Rogue. They leased their first one and bought the second (with more options) they like them so much. Both AWD with CVT trans.

I've driven theirs a few times. They drive & handle well, plus have lots of ground clearance. They get pretty good highway MPGs too. IMO, I'd go this route over a Forester any day. They look like a clown shoe with wheels, but not as ugly as a Forester.

Is yours a CVT? Nissan has been committed to Jatco belt drive CVTs for years now. Pretty good track record with them too. No worse than your average too many speed automagic today.

Joel

RailKill 11-12-2012 09:34 PM

My wife and mother-in-law both have Rogues. I personally wouldn't get one for my personal use but they both love them.

Good luck with the new purchase!

Why the trade?

kongzilla 11-12-2012 10:21 PM

Must be the wife.

fredrik94087 11-12-2012 11:17 PM

My wife has a rogue...it's actually a very good car and more solid than a subaru...trust me.

I traded my g37s for the subaru to be in a better budget as we have a baby on the way. My first impression of the legacy, as much as I like it, is that it was a bit clunky.

When I closed the doors, I could hear what sounded like a hollow tin can rather than a thud.

You'll be happy with the Rogue!

I chose the legacy because it was either that or a jetta, and a 2013 for $1350 below invoice is hard to beat!

10legacy 11-13-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kongzilla (Post 4156367)
Must be the wife.

ha, no i picked this out on my own for a new daily driver.

this thing handles and rides nicer than the legacy and 0-60 is almost identical. Keep in mind i traded a 2.5i 6speed for this not a GT.

the cvt takes some getting used to but drives smooth, the engine is quiet and overall feel is better than the subaru legacy or forester.

I also have a dog and getting a vehicle with a dedicated area for him is good.

This was a left over 2012 and has factory nav, sunroof etc, for the same price I could have gotten a base forester with nothing not even a power seat or tinted windows.

I did want a forester but got way more car going with the rogue for the same money.

TwoTone 11-13-2012 06:53 AM

I guess it depends on if you want a AWD system that works or not.
If you're buying a small SUV and just getting FWD, then I agree that the other makers offer nice features for the money.

I'm sure you've all seen the videos.

PoManzAWD 11-13-2012 07:18 AM

Entertaining "test" err....Subaru marketing ploy!

Most all of your AWD, 4x4, etc's will just sit there and hopelessly spin one front and one rear given those exact conditions.

With some allowable front/rear or side/side movement you'd get all of them to pass the roller test.

I know my in-laws love their Rogue in the winter. They live way back off the road, basically at the top of a mountain. For decades they suffered with FWD or RWD only, with snow tires.

Joel

Gelacy 11-13-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoManzAWD (Post 4156602)
Entertaining "test" err....Subaru marketing ploy!

Most all of your AWD, 4x4, etc's will just sit there and hopelessly spin one front and one rear given those exact conditions.

With some allowable front/rear or side/side movement you'd get all of them to pass the roller test.

I know my in-laws love their Rogue in the winter. They live way back off the road, basically at the top of a mountain. For decades they suffered with FWD or RWD only, with snow tires.

Joel

It might be a video by Subaru but it doesn't mean the test is rigged. The Nissan wasn't able to do what Subaru was able to do. End of story.

dgoodhue 11-13-2012 07:42 AM

It seems like you don't keep your cars for a long time, so you should be fine. I will not buy another Nissan until they fix the structural rust issue they have. My family and I have bought a new Nissan and Infinti and they both showed structural rust problems after 8-10 years in the snow belt. I went to body shop to have mine fixed and he said Nissan accross the board has this problem.

PoManzAWD 11-13-2012 07:49 AM

Who said the test was "rigged". Rigged no. Useless? Maybe.

I'm not knocking Subaru here! Obviously they've got the system down. They should, given they're the ones who basically pioneered automotive AWD.

I also don't necessarily agree that the Rogue is "solid" in comparison to a Subaru product. I've owned several Nissans. They are a great product, but IMO they've always been the Chrysler of the 'Japanese brands'.

Joel

10legacy 11-13-2012 08:04 AM

wow harsh guys, i guess that's what i get for abandoning the subaru ship.

I usually keep my cars for 5 years if i can but the legacy already had 70k miles on it and i was getting too bored with it, plus the 6 speed manual wasn't that good and really sucked the fun out of having a stick shift.

My girlfriend has a 2002 nissan frontier with 170k miles on it that doesn't have rust from living in wv/pa. Hopefully the rogue will be good. I didn't really need the awd from the legacy so i'm sure the nissan awd will be good enough for my needs.

Rutchard 11-13-2012 08:12 AM

Don't let the fanboys beating a dead horse get you down. :rolleyes: It's your car and your choice. Until they start installing ramps made of rollers on public roads, you'll probably be just fine. :lol: