Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Intake and Exhaust (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hey guys quick question (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196152)

Arielgt93 11-10-2012 11:22 AM

Hey guys quick question
 
I have a gms cat back exhaust on my 05 legacy gt 5eat. Other day I noticed a little small puddle under the the y-pipe and than on the mid pipe today, because I tried to see if the clamps were any loose. But looks like I have an exhaust leak from three different areas not where the point there's huge puddles when I leave it to warm up but from the point where there is a small little puddle. Is this a really bad thing? Is it time for a new cat back? I know it can mess up with your idol, codes, and lower your gas mileage but I don't have any of those problems. My gas mileage is fine no decrease and no codes has shown up. Just wondering that's all but please notify me back thank you!

bigjweb 11-10-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arielgt93 (Post 4152943)
I have a gms cat back exhaust on my 05 legacy gt 5eat. Other day I noticed a little small puddle under the the y-pipe and than on the mid pipe today, because I tried to see if the clamps were any loose. But looks like I have an exhaust leak from three different areas not where the point there's huge puddles when I leave it to warm up but from the point where there is a small little puddle. Is this a really bad thing? Is it time for a new cat back? I know it can mess up with your idol, codes, and lower your gas mileage but I don't have any of those problems. My gas mileage is fine no decrease and no codes has shown up. Just wondering that's all but please notify me back thank you!

You noticed a puddle because you tried to see if the clamps were loose? A puddle of what?

racso_dor 11-10-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjweb (Post 4152965)
You noticed a puddle because you tried to see if the clamps were loose? A puddle of what?

i am assuming water ...

to the OP what you can do is take off the clamps, clean out where the exhaust meets really well, and put some type of muffler sealent ( the one i have seen is in a yellow tube) youll be making a type of gasket really. This is just my opinion.

Arielgt93 11-10-2012 12:04 PM

I noticed a puddle before and I went under the car today if the clamps holding the pipes together were loose but they were tight. A puddle of just water from I between the clamps holding the pipes together. I'm just seeing if this is something serious or just a little exhaust leak.

bigjweb 11-10-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racso_dor (Post 4152971)
i am assuming water ...

That's a pretty good guess


Quote:

Originally Posted by Arielgt93 (Post 4152972)
I noticed a puddle before and I went under the car today if the clamps holding the pipes together were loose but they were tight. A puddle of just water from I between the clamps holding the pipes together. I'm just seeing if this is something serious or just a little exhaust leak.

As long as it's a puddle of just water your okay

MooKz 11-10-2012 02:06 PM

So you mean to tell me,

you have a GMS with no fitment issues?





Anyways, It's probably water.

Arielgt93 11-10-2012 02:26 PM

Yeah it's water I was just making sure it wasn't a serious problem for it to cause any harm because it was leaking. No I didn't have any fitment problems.

MooKz 11-10-2012 02:35 PM

That's good. There's been a few guys with fitment issues.

Arielgt93 11-10-2012 04:29 PM

Yeah but ima be getting a new exhaust anyways because I either want to just single tip or nameless performance TBE. The only issue I have is the rear sway bar it rubs against it but I just moved it a little and now not as much only if there a huge pot hole or I make a jump. But after that it worked fine, but still getting another type of exhaust though.

MooKz 11-10-2012 04:34 PM

The single exit sounds amazing. I wanna see what it sounds like straight piped.

Arielgt93 11-10-2012 04:47 PM

There's a video on YouTube, but that guys legacy is pulling 400+ hp on a 5eat but it sounds like a rumbling monster really mean. Yeah I want the single exit badly how much did it pay you to do it?

MooKz 11-10-2012 04:55 PM

$150 total.

Arielgt93 11-10-2012 05:05 PM

What?!? 150 total that's a good price where you go do it at??? Because I wanna do a single exit badly!

MooKz 11-10-2012 10:52 PM

The local exhaust shop.

Arielgt93 11-11-2012 05:39 AM

Really? I know if I go to an exhaust shop, around here, there going to charge me $200-400.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 AM.


LegacyGT.com