Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Window sill trim option help (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195217)

islandborn 10-23-2012 12:27 PM

Window sill trim option help

Have a '12 "Crystal Black" LGT. I will be blacking out my headlights - JDM style basically. I do have the stock Carbon Fiber interior too. SOOO... The chrome trim around the windows I can't stand - I'm going to vinyl strip them. HELP - :spin: - Choices:

Black Matte (matches the non chrome thats present) or Black Gloss (would match the actual paint of car) or Carbon Fiber (matches the interior and provides a bit of contrast)

This will be all 3M vinyl strips. What would be cool would be if someone was fantastic with Photo Shop and can show what these choices would look like....

Thanks all!

MN3.6R 10-23-2012 12:39 PM

Personal opinion, flat black.

BMA44 10-23-2012 12:43 PM

^ yep matte black

GTEASER 10-23-2012 12:45 PM

You can try a little matte black experiment yourself with electrical tape. Matte black would match the window rubber.

SpidermanMTL 10-23-2012 12:48 PM

I can post up some Carbon pics ... let me know.

My window trim, rain gutters, front grill, and piece in the opening on the front bumper.(don't know what it's called). I'll post em as soon as I take em.

Jace2010LGT 10-23-2012 04:13 PM

Matte black is the only way to go IMO.

mosthated 10-23-2012 04:23 PM

there is a shop here in town that does this work. hit me up ill let ya know where.

blklgt05 10-23-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandborn (Post 4127017)
Have a '12 "Crystal Black" LGT. I will be blacking out my headlights - JDM style basically. I do have the stock Carbon Fiber interior too. SOOO... The chrome trim around the windows I can't stand - I'm going to vinyl strip them. HELP - :spin: - Choices:

Black Matte (matches the non chrome thats present) or Black Gloss (would match the actual paint of car) or Carbon Fiber (matches the interior and provides a bit of contrast)

This will be all 3M vinyl strips. What would be cool would be if someone was fantastic with Photo Shop and can show what these choices would look like....

Thanks all!

I personally really like gloss black for the window trims only, its just one of those things you have to see in person. It looks really good on black and white cars.

islandborn 10-24-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpidermanMTL (Post 4127049)
I can post up some Carbon pics ... let me know.

My window trim, rain gutters, front grill, and piece in the opening on the front bumper.(don't know what it's called). I'll post em as soon as I take em.

That would be interesting!

SpidermanMTL 10-24-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandborn (Post 4128285)
That would be interesting!

I'll take some on my lunch..

Josh-L 10-24-2012 12:21 PM

You may want to check out the 3M Satin Black. I got some samples of the Matte, Satin and Gloss and after seeing all of them I really liked the Satin. It seemed to be a closer match to the pillars and less likely to show finger prints than the Matte. I have yet to get around to wrapping the trim with it, so no pics currently.