Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor News (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   We are Nameless Performance, Inc. (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195154)

Nameless Performance 10-22-2012 01:15 PM

We are Nameless Performance, Inc.

We are here to make Legacy parts and chew bubble gum, but we're all out of gum.

As eBay and the internet provide a flood of overseas products into enthusiast hands, paired with little to no customer service, customer involvement or qualification, it became evident to us that a radical alternative was necessary. As enthusiasts of pretty much everything mechanical, we have had very few experiences with manufacturers that were as personal and connected as we would prefer. So we decided to make that company a reality. When discussing what to call this company, it was evident that using our names or some pairing of hyperbole and motorsports catch phrases was not going to convey anything about us or our customers or why we do what we do. So why not put out a name that begs a question.

Sure, our name is a sardonic poke-in-the-eye at the no name flood of go-fast parts and $400 turbo kits that are for sale everywhere but nobody ever seems to be running. Its also a road sign to what drives the company the company is made up of not just us, but the names and faces of all of our customers, vendors and associates who participate in the development process and drive us to make the best parts possible for their vehicles.
In stark contrast to the other guys, were a proud and self proclaimed home shop industry. Our facilities are on the property of one of the owners in a 3648 two story pole building. Our two machine shops are a stones throw away in similar circumstances in a garage and in a home workshop. Thats who we are. Weve realized that we dont need to pay rent in some oversized cubicle farm of a business park in order to do what we want and succeed at making products that our customers want.
From start to finish we intend to include our customers as an integral part of the process.

Our goal is not only to make our design, validation and qualification process an open book, but to also equip our customers with the tools to contribute and participate in these activities. We intend to bring our customers right into the shop (whether at design events, video webcasts or forum discussions), into the heart of our business. From start to finish we intend to include our customers as an integral part of the process. Every other Tuesday night we try to host and open house where we work on an in-house project or two, help a few friends with installs, and talk shop.
Its obvious to us that any enthusiast worth their salt isnt satiated by bolt on products for long in no time we all want to start doing it our own way.

For this reason, its our intention at Nameless to provide not only performance parts, but a variety of fabrication tooling and automation systems for other shops. A major reason why we are so interested in building tools and automation systems is because we always love to find the right tools for the job. When we find something remarkable, we share it are always willing to put in some extra effort to demonstrate what weve learned even if it is outside the scope of our product line. We hope that youll be pleasantly surprised at what a performance parts manufacturer can be when it involves customers at every step of the way.

Some of you may already be familiar with our work on the WRX/STI platform, as well as the BRZ/FR-S more recently, but now we have decided to expand out to the Legacy market. Our plans are to release a full TBE for 4th+ gen Legacies, for both sedan and wagon configuration, as well as auto and manual. We also would like to do an uppipe with the option for EWG, a good TMIC solution, an intake, maybe even a FMIC kit.

As of right now, we do have an axleback exhaust that was designed to fit the 05-09 LGT sedan available, but we will have more to come. Just wanted to take the time to introduce ourselves

But now, we want to hear from you. What things would you like us to address in this market? What parts would you like to see in the near(ish) future?

Ryan @ Nameless

.:Catalyst:. 10-22-2012 02:07 PM

Great intro! Excited to see your potential TBE coming out (particularly sedan manual variant). I'd be willing to come up for fitment testing as well ;) Back around '95 I worked in Scappoose, OR so familiar with where you are setup. Thanks for looking at our platform as a potential market for your new developments!

BarManBean 10-22-2012 02:10 PM

Subscribed. Been ogling some of your stuff for a long time. Welcome!

legacy360 10-22-2012 10:08 PM

Wow, glad to see you guys made it onto the forum. I'd very interested in a TBE and you guys are a quick drive away if you need a test wagon. ;) Welcome!

angeltalin 10-23-2012 05:24 AM

Quality process west style TMIC! For cheeeeaper :)

Hepy117 10-23-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angeltalin (Post 4126390)

Yes please.

Nameless Performance 10-23-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Catalyst:. (Post 4125513)
Great intro! Excited to see your potential TBE coming out (particularly sedan manual variant). I'd be willing to come up for fitment testing as well ;) Back around '95 I worked in Scappoose, OR so familiar with where you are setup. Thanks for looking at our platform as a potential market for your new developments!

We are excited to expand our parts offering!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarManBean (Post 4125518)
Subscribed. Been ogling some of your stuff for a long time. Welcome!

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by legacy360 (Post 4126181)
Wow, glad to see you guys made it onto the forum. I'd very interested in a TBE and you guys are a quick drive away if you need a test wagon. ;) Welcome!

We have a test car already (see left) but we may need more in the future. Always good to get in touch with the local owners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by angeltalin (Post 4126390)

We will most certainly be looking in to making a TMIC and addressing the current issues with what is on the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hepy117 (Post 4126624)
Yes please.

See above

Ryan @ Nameless

famaya26 10-23-2012 11:08 AM

Welcome, it's always good to see a new vendor on here.

BDII 10-23-2012 11:11 AM

Welcome!

GTPpilot 10-23-2012 11:12 AM

Awesome!! Welcome !!

When you say validation...you mean like IQ/OQ/PQ kind of stuff or that you have run the products in some cars and all went well ?

Nameless Performance 10-23-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTPpilot (Post 4126767)
Awesome!! Welcome !!

When you say validation...you mean like IQ/OQ/PQ kind of stuff or that you have run the products in some cars and all went well ?

Our goal is to not only be building the right thing, but to be building it the right way. Otherwise, what is the point of building it at all?

We are for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and never satisfied with "good enough".

Ryan @ Nameless

Haight 05LGT 10-23-2012 11:59 AM

Welcome! I am very familiar with your work. My brother has bought the axle back and high flow cat that you offer for the BR-Z/FR-S. He is very happy with your product. Fine quality.

cheerio 10-24-2012 03:28 PM

I been looking for a FMIC and intake.

BMA44 10-24-2012 03:48 PM

welcome, glad to have you guys on here!

12sechatch 10-25-2012 06:50 PM

good to see you're making it over here. We talked (on nasioc) months ago about building me a CBE for my 05 wagon, would love to get that going again. Let me know if you need any type of "demo vehicle" to measure some stuff up with.