Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Seatbelt holder rattles? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195118)

computersoc 10-21-2012 11:36 PM

Seatbelt holder rattles?
 
Does anyone else's driver side seat belt holder rattle? The item I am talking about is where the seatbelt comes out of, located to the left of the driver's head. I guess it would be called a seatbelt holder or something like that. Mine rattles over bumps. 2012 Legacy 2.5i Premium. Any solutions I can mention to the dealer when I get an oil change today?

acumenhokie 10-22-2012 07:25 AM

I have issues with the passenger side buckle hitting up against the pillar when the window is open but no issues on the driver side. In general I have a lot of rattles that come and go.

Jsmith 10-22-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acumenhokie (Post 4124865)
I have issues with the passenger side buckle hitting up against the pillar when the window is open but no issues on the driver side. In general I have a lot of rattles that come and go.

Same..

Subie_Mick 10-22-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acumenhokie (Post 4124865)
I have issues with the passenger side buckle hitting up against the pillar when the window is open but no issues on the driver side. In general I have a lot of rattles that come and go.

Yes this - between the sun visors and wind noise from the moonroof i quit looking for noises and just drive.

acumenhokie 10-22-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subie_Mick (Post 4125451)
sun visors

and the sunglasses holder too.

Blizzard 10-22-2012 02:13 PM

Yeah coilovers exasperate the issue as I've found out...

mosthated 10-22-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Post 4125526)
Yeah coilovers exasperate the issue as I've found out...


i hate this problem!!!!

RailKill 10-22-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computersoc (Post 4124725)
Does anyone else's driver side seat belt holder rattle? The item I am talking about is where the seatbelt comes out of, located to the left of the driver's head. I guess it would be called a seatbelt holder or something like that. Mine rattles over bumps. 2012 Legacy 2.5i Premium. Any solutions I can mention to the dealer when I get an oil change today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subie_Mick (Post 4125451)
Yes this - between the sun visors and wind noise from the moonroof i quit looking for noises and just drive.

I have the seat belt holder and sun visor rattling in mine. One thing I learned from my 4th gen leggy is that rattles in these cars are "normal"

mosthated 10-23-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RailKill (Post 4125739)
I have the seat belt holder and sun visor rattling in mine. One thing I learned from my 4th gen leggy is that rattles in these cars are "normal"

wish there was a way for this to stop.:confused:

blklgt05 10-23-2012 05:31 PM

My front passenger side rattles when someone light sits there. It doesn't rattle when someone heavy or when nobody sits there. It was fixed by the dealers under warranty.

computersoc 10-23-2012 08:15 PM

What did they do to fix it?

MasterPeon 10-23-2012 08:40 PM

Are sunglasses rattling inside the sunglasses holder? I cut out some non-slip webbing material from the dollar store and lined the inside. No more rattle. I did the same thing with the centre cubby and dash storage area. Now, things like my cell phone, pens, garage door opener, and coins don't slide and rattle around when I'm driving.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 AM.


LegacyGT.com