Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   I thought I knew love. And then I bought a Subaru. (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194723)

ecoflame 10-14-2012 12:18 PM

I thought I knew love. And then I bought a Subaru.

Howdy guys and gals. My name's Brian, I've been lurking the site for a couple weeks now and have found a lot of useful information! From what I've read yall seem pretty knowledgeable and very friendly so I look forward to learning all that I can, and offering any assistance I might be able too.

I come from the world of Honda, CB7 Accord to be specific. I have a '92 Sedan with a modded '93 JDM Prelude motor, she was my passion until I bought a '03 Legacy LSE. Now all I can think about is the Legacy.

I'm 25, from Texas. Just south of Austin.

Things I've done so far:
Red LED dome light and map light swap 9-14-12
Bought OEM floor mats and floor mat hook 10-9-12
Passenger side JDM license plate mount 10-14-12
Independent fog light wire splice 10-14-12

famaya26 10-14-2012 12:40 PM

Welcome to the site. These cars are truly awesome. I actually came from a 91 CB7 Stock when I got the LGT. It's been a fun car so far and I don't regret making the switch from Honda. Hope you enjoy your third gen.

ecoflame 10-14-2012 05:13 PM

Nice to meet you man. I have no regrets either, I'm still gonna play with my Honda but its gonna be a project car.

famaya26 10-14-2012 05:20 PM

Yea, my CB7 is actually sitting in the front driveway. My dad offered to take it but has yet to give me the cash :(

ecoflame 10-14-2012 06:54 PM

Ha, mines sitting on the side of my house. I was cleaning the interior of my Subaru the other morning and a lady pulled up asking if I wanted to sell the Accord. I just shook my head, smiled, and said no. My initial response was "you don't have enough money." Lol

laz 10-14-2012 06:59 PM

In had a 92 cb7 a long time ago. It was a fun car. The Subaru is in a different class

Enjoy it to the fullest.

X

ecoflame 10-14-2012 07:10 PM

Without a doubt its like night and day between the two. I'm hoping to squeeze every ounce of enjoyment out of her! :D

Rattsl 10-14-2012 08:32 PM

So many Texans...one thing I'd like to ask...been a while since I read Texan road laws...do I need my front plates? I'd like to get the Perrin or Cobb delete.

famaya26 10-14-2012 08:36 PM

Well my coworker moved from North Carolina and he didn't have the Front plate for a while. Well a cop stopped him and gave him a fix it ticket. Apparently they are required here in Dallas, Texas.

Rattsl 10-14-2012 09:29 PM

That really sucks...it's gonna look soooo ugly. I've seen plenty of cars without them. I'd like to do a location that won't look horrid for the front plate.

Silver Speedy 10-14-2012 09:57 PM

Subaru confidence in motion

bought my first Subaru a year ago in August!
2008 Legacy Limited
I can tell you wish I would have a long time ago!
cornering capabilities are so amazing and with all wheel drive and my Bridgestone Potenzas I fly through the water like nobody else can! best choice every made... Once a Subaru always a Subaru! cant imagine driving anything else... :)

famaya26 10-14-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Speedy (Post 4114664)
bought my first Subaru a year ago in August!
2008 Legacy Limited
I can tell you wish I would have a long time ago!
cornering capabilities are so amazing and with all wheel drive and my Bridgestone Potenzas I fly through the water like nobody else can! best choice every made... Once a Subaru always a Subaru! cant imagine driving anything else... :)

That's right, :lol:
I bought mine last year August 24 :P

ecoflame 10-14-2012 10:19 PM

In the state of Texas you are required to display your front license plate in a location of unobstructed view to a officer of the law. That being said, the actual code requiring the display of registration on the front of the car is loosely worded so its honestly up to the officer you're dealing with at the time.

The easiest thing to do is just relocate it to the side by the fog light, or place it in the windshield on the passenger side.

ecoflame 10-14-2012 10:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
these are both acceptable ways to display your front license plate.
Attachment 131344

Attachment 131345

Rattsl 10-14-2012 11:36 PM

Maybe I'll do the inside for some time being.