Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Finally got Cryotuned, How about you? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194437)

KBGRIZZLY64 10-09-2012 10:36 AM

Finally got Cryotuned, How about you?

Just got back from getting tuned by Cryo and what a difference. I went stage 2 a couple months back and am still amazed at how knowledgeable and friendly Dave is. This tune I went E85 and was really suprised on how changing fuels can give more power. After smiling the whole drive home I had to share my experience and would like to know what others experiences have been since I have nothing but good words for Dave and his abilities.

Infamous1 10-10-2012 07:22 AM

Good Stuff!

cryo 10-11-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBGRIZZLY64 (Post 4106955)
Just got back from getting tuned by Cryo and what a difference. I went stage 2 a couple months back and am still amazed at how knowledgeable and friendly Dave is. This tune I went E85 and was really suprised on how changing fuels can give more power. After smiling the whole drive home I had to share my experience and would like to know what others experiences have been since I have nothing but good words for Dave and his abilities.

I always try to deliver top notch customer service and communication, im very happy your enjoying your tune and i know you cant wait for the next slew of mods to make that thing a beast.....:)

Dave

LosAngelesLGT 10-11-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBGRIZZLY64 (Post 4106955)
This tune I went E85 and was really suprised on how changing fuels can give more power.

Its actually not the fuel giving more powa, its the fuel letting Dave do his thing (moar timing, boost, etc)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infamous1 (Post 4108341)
Good Stuff!

E85 SURE IS! :dm: Im the posterchild for E85 on LGT.com:)

KBGRIZZLY64 10-11-2012 07:46 PM

Ha yes I understand that thanks lalgt meant the switch in general. Either way Dave does great work.

cryo 10-12-2012 07:47 AM

Yeah the corn juice is great, seems half the subies here in colorado are on it and have been for years!

Thing thats nice about co is we can get away with it on stock injectors....glad people are happy with their tunes, always love hearing the feedback.

Chime away....:)

Dave

dustincredible 10-13-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryo (Post 4111636)
Thing thats nice about co is we can get away with it on stock injectors
Dave

Please explain. Thanks.

KBGRIZZLY64 10-14-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustincredible (Post 4113714)
Please explain. Thanks.

Higher elevation means less air. Less available are for the motor to pull in means smaller fuel to air ratio. I'm sure Dave can explain better but thats my understanding. Up here at 5200-5300 feet we have much less air then at sea level so our injectors run less duty cycle. My injectors on e85 run about 85% duty cycle compared to if at sea level would be much more than 100%.

cryo 10-15-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustincredible (Post 4113714)
Please explain. Thanks.

Yeah the lack of air *pressure* up here allows us to keep idc's under 100% while using e85. Some say we are lucky but unfortunatly the lack of air *pressure* makes more of a difference than most think. Our cars run like dogs compared to the same car at sea level so i think i would rather just have the air *pressure*....:)

Dave

KBGRIZZLY64 10-18-2012 08:58 PM

Uh, Cryo is a great tuner and a really good guy. Anyone else got tuned by Cryo?

cryo 10-18-2012 09:57 PM

Wow...i went ahead and added *pressure* to everywhere needed in my original description. I think most probably got the point but figured i would after the way this thread went.

I didnt realize it would be confused and become the topic of conversation but didnt want to turn kbgrizzlys thread into a in depth conversation on gas laws. That would be better placed in its own thread or in pm.

Thanks

Dave

SBT 10-19-2012 08:42 AM

Let's keep the thread on topic, and to the respiratory therapists (you know who you are), please take your discussions to another thread.

Gex 10-19-2012 10:21 AM

Dave has been great to work with. The car gets better and better with each revision. Daves knowledge, customer service, and promptness on getting me revisions has been amazing. I would highly recommend him to any one with tuning needs.

cryo 10-20-2012 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gex (Post 4121694)
Dave has been great to work with. The car gets better and better with each revision. Daves knowledge, customer service, and promptness on getting me revisions has been amazing. I would highly recommend him to any one with tuning needs.

Thanks for the good words, love the pictures of the wagon you sent with your last logs and this one.

Dave

stuck686 10-22-2012 08:46 AM

stage 2 vs infamous stage 2? what are the differences