Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   PLTek, llc (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Single muffler 3 inch catback system (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19435)

PLTek 09-25-2005 05:47 PM

Single muffler 3 inch catback system

Hello,

We are at the final stages of pre-production for a FLOW single round tip muffler (left side) catback exhaust.

It will be 3 inches all the way back from the donut gasket, with 12 inch resonator, and a 4.5 inch round double-walled tip.

We will also sell a full TBE system either with or without high-flow cat on a full 3 inch downpipe or with a FLOW shorty downpipe.

Wanted to find out who would be interested. If so, I might organize a group buy and save everyone a few bucks and or add something free like Urethane exhaust hangers.

Best Regards,

Peter Sz
PLtek,llc

NewScooby 09-25-2005 07:08 PM

I'm interested, Pics Please.

I assume it will all be stainless? Are you considering creating and including some sort of filler panel for the right side exhaust cutout? How loud of a setup are you looking to build, sleeper or standout?

froggert 09-25-2005 08:10 PM

hi peter -

just wondering, why is it just the left side and not the right? looking at the stock exhaust, flow seems the same left and right and a right-sided muffler should slightly help weight distribution.

illt3ck 09-25-2005 08:31 PM

interested...would like to see pics...

also, price?

PLTek 09-25-2005 09:40 PM

answers

hi,

its all stainless.

I will post some pics by tuesday. It actually looks pretty good without the filler on the right side, maybe someone can come up with a filler. (:

In terms of left v. right, decided to follow its sister Impreza, also did not wanto copy the EVO that breaths out the right side (:

Pricing coming up as well.

Best

PS
PLTek,llc

SUBY3 09-26-2005 10:16 AM

I would be very interested. We dont need dual exhaust and a single would be much lighter.

COunt me in.

PLTek 09-26-2005 11:42 AM

some preliminary pics of the exhaust

Lighter and Different is what PLTek is going for here:

www.pltek.net/m1.jpg
www.pltek.net/m2.jpg
www.pltek.net/m3.jpg
www.pltek.net/m4.jpg

Pricing coming up,

PS
PLTek,llc

DeepFreeze2 09-26-2005 11:49 AM

That looks great, Pete!!! Now you got me thinking.

richip 09-26-2005 11:51 AM

What does a single vs. dual mean in terms of a) performance and b) sound?

DeepFreeze2 09-26-2005 12:02 PM

I would think that single outlet would be louder, depending on the muffler and resonator, since the piping is bigger and the exhaust wouldn't be split.

PLTek 09-26-2005 12:23 PM

answers

1. performance- less backpressure, 3 inch all the way, more hp

2. soundwise- the exhaust will be relatively quiet as it has a resonator. i will post comments once we fit it on our car

Best

PS
PLTek,llc

Leonardo 09-26-2005 01:28 PM

I just wish we had the JDM rear bumper so we could cap the un-used side.

MDTURBO 09-26-2005 01:43 PM

With my testing I have found the single tip is the optimal exhaust setup for the biggest performance gain for your lgt. A turbo car has no need for a y-pipe and the dual-tipped exhaust setups "fork" in the exhaust stream is a significant bottle-neck, expecially when reducing to 2.25" pipe/mufflers. As stated, Less backpressure equals more high rpm horsepower. It doesn't necessarily mean louder as this is a function that is detemined by the muffler itself.

illt3ck 09-26-2005 01:50 PM

Can't wait to hear the system / see the price!

Very excited!

Are there any plans to offer a "Flow" mid-pipe to complete the turbo back?

If so I may order the UP and the complete turbo back all at once.

DeepFreeze2 09-26-2005 01:51 PM

So, theoretically, I was in the right ballpark. Cool. Thanks for the comfirmation.