Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo Powertrains (2.0GT, 2.5GT, 2.5XT) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   need help its urgent and my cars jacked (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194302)

UTwrestler22 10-06-2012 10:54 PM

need help its urgent and my cars jacked

Alright i know that everyone gets anal about using the search but one i dont know what to search, two its urgent, three i need straight answers, four theres a couple things.

1st, i just got done with installing a new clutch and my car runs like shit. It wont hold rpms and revs by itself. And when i get to a certain rpm's it just cuts off and loses power big time. Now im stage 2 and ran my car without tje intercooler on to test the clutch. Also, it smokes bad. Did my tube get messed up? Do i have a leak?

2nd, when i took my car off the jacks after a week, i tried to open the back door from the outside but it just made a breaking noise and opened halfway and now wont open from the outside but will from the inside.

MiniStiGuy 10-06-2012 11:45 PM

Well if you are running your car without an intercooler you have a huge boost leak which is probably throwing off a whole slew of sensors on the car which is why it runs like crap.

Your back door not opening from the outside but from the inside sounds like you somehow disconnected the cable for the handle which was probably the noise you heard. Take the door panel off and have a look to see if the cables are still connected.

UTwrestler22 10-07-2012 12:19 AM

Well right but now im running it w/ the intercooler on and its doing it and it felt like something broke

MiniStiGuy 10-07-2012 06:53 PM

1. Make sure you have no boost leaks.
2. Make sure the MAF is clean.
3. Reset the ECU by disconnecting the negative battery terminal and press the brakes a few times to ensure there is no power left in the lines. Wait like 15 seconds then reconnect the battery.
4. Start the car and let it idle to warm up.
5. Drive the car around for 5-10 miles normally.

If you have a laptop you can buy a vagcom cable and install romraider and get some logs for us. Or if you have an Access Port you can do some logging and attach the logs up to the site for us to review for you.

UTwrestler22 10-07-2012 06:59 PM

Will the logs show a leak?

MiniStiGuy 10-07-2012 07:01 PM

Yes an experienced tuner will be able to tell.

UTwrestler22 10-07-2012 07:42 PM

Ok. Will a performance shop have a vag com?

Harbs 10-07-2012 08:47 PM

Kinda sounds like you forgot to plug in the MAF sensor.

UTwrestler22 10-07-2012 10:18 PM

Nope maf is in. I think its a boost leak

NSFW 10-07-2012 11:57 PM

Also double-check your grounds, if you un-did any.

My guess is vac/boost leak, though.

UTwrestler22 10-08-2012 12:01 AM

Grounds do that shit?!

MiniStiGuy 10-08-2012 05:32 AM

Grounds could cause all kinds of issues including what you describe. If you didn't undo any of them though then they should all be on still.

BAC5.2 10-08-2012 06:01 AM

Why would you run the car without the intercooler?

You should probably take your car to a shop from now on...

iNVAR 10-08-2012 07:15 AM

Seriously OP, why the hell would you do that? It takes 5 minutes to put the intercooler back on.... Here are a few reasons why it's an extremely bad idea:

1) Something can get sucked into your turbo and trash it
2) Something can get sucked into your intake and trash your engine
3) Your MAF sensor is sitting there with no airflow while your intake is wide open and your engine is sucking in air. Your ECU has no idea WTF to do. I seriously don't even know how it would react to this.

And that's just at idle. You said you wanted to test the clutch, I can't even imagine what the ECU would do with an essentially 0 airflow reading while you actually apply throttle.

Reset your ECU and see what happens.

GTTuner 10-08-2012 07:25 AM

There is a ground on the top of the trans housing people usually forget to disconnect and end up breaking it off when the trans is removed.