Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Warranty Issues & Problems (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Check engine on and cruise light flashing (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194199)

Lou1417 10-05-2012 04:52 AM

Check engine on and cruise light flashing
 
This has been happening frequently. The check engine light comes on and the cruise control light flashes. Car loses power gas pedal doesn't work. Pretty scary on the highway. I disconnected the battery and pumped the brakes to bleed any stored energy. Replaced the gas cap and got a full tank. All was good. Until I got to about a half tank. The same problem happened again. If its not the gas cap making the evap test fail what else could it be? Some one please help

AZP Installs 10-08-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou1417 (Post 4101304)
This has been happening frequently. The check engine light comes on and the cruise control light flashes. Car loses power gas pedal doesn't work. Pretty scary on the highway. I disconnected the battery and pumped the brakes to bleed any stored energy. Replaced the gas cap and got a full tank. All was good. Until I got to about a half tank. The same problem happened again. If its not the gas cap making the evap test fail what else could it be? Some one please help

Evap code would to cause a flashing cel, generally a flashing cel is due to a misfire. I would get the code pulled and go from there.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/14...8/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg
11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.
Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

sqc151 10-19-2012 03:38 PM

throttle position sensor.

Lou1417 10-24-2012 05:24 AM

Changed throttle position sensor cleared code all was fine for a week or 2. Cel back on pulled code again came back throttle position sensor again and intake manifold runner position sensor in bank 2. Any know where intake sensor is located. Is the new throttle sensor defective?

sqc151 10-24-2012 06:07 AM

Come see me on the job.

Lou1417 10-24-2012 10:57 AM

Im not on that job anymore bro. If you want you can get my number from jessie

Kenfrederick87 11-01-2012 10:13 PM

I just had this problem happen to me tonight on the way home from work. Just bought the car less then a month ago and already replaced the rear right speed sensor. Im going to have to take this car BACK to the dealer tomorrow....i bought a subaru because i heard they were reliable now i am second guessing my choice. I might just throw the keys back at them and walk away, so frusterated. I will keep you posted on what i find out tmw.

injanear 11-02-2012 04:54 PM

My wife called today when the CEL came on w/ the flashing cruise. Had her take it by autozone to pull the code and it came back P0171 (too lean). Nothing seems out of sorts with the car, just the CEL and cruise. I'm thinking MAF sensor. Anyone been here before? Anyone know where I can get a sensor?

BTW: probable cause from the code check came back as follows
Faulty MAF
Large Vac Leak
Low Fuel Pressure
Plugged Injector or Cylinder Misfire

Again, no noticeable problems when driving, fuel mileage seems fine.

Lou1417 11-02-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenfrederick87 (Post 4140585)
I just had this problem happen to me tonight on the way home from work. Just bought the car less then a month ago and already replaced the rear right speed sensor. Im going to have to take this car BACK to the dealer tomorrow....i bought a subaru because i heard they were reliable now i am second guessing my choice. I might just throw the keys back at them and walk away, so frusterated. I will keep you posted on what i find out tmw.

They are good cars. We have a drive by wire system which means no cable from pedal to throttle body. So if one sensor is bad it will throw everything off. Get the code pulled so you know what the problem is. Try to unplug and reconnect the sensor on top of the gas pedal assembly. That might fix your problem. Tps under hood is easy to replace if you need to

Lou1417 11-02-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by injanear (Post 4141787)
My wife called today when the CEL came on w/ the flashing cruise. Had her take it by autozone to pull the code and it came back P0171 (too lean). Nothing seems out of sorts with the car, just the CEL and cruise. I'm thinking MAF sensor. Anyone been here before? Anyone know where I can get a sensor?

BTW: probable cause from the code check came back as follows
Faulty MAF
Large Vac Leak
Low Fuel Pressure
Plugged Injector or Cylinder Misfire

Again, no noticeable problems when driving, fuel mileage seems fine.

Maf sensor is a real easy fix

injanear 11-02-2012 10:18 PM

Could it possibly be the fuel filter. Which would be an ASAP fix for a turbo car?

injanear 11-06-2012 06:58 PM

Ok, so I know all of this earth has been plowed many times before, but...Fuel filter is impossible to get to and probably should never be touched. I believe I have my problem fixed. I cleaned the injectors (pretty easy to get to) and changed spark plugs (3 of 4 easy to get to). I ran it about 20 miles an no more CEL/cruise, but we'll see. My guess is if the problem returns it's got to be the MAF since I have no noticeable loss of performance. And yes MAF is simple as well, two screws sitting in a spot where if it were a snake it'd bite ya.

Kenfrederick87 11-07-2012 01:38 PM

p2138 is the code i got


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18 AM.


LegacyGT.com