Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interior/Audio (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New Wadio *Under Construction* (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194100)

TehRicer 10-03-2012 01:07 PM

OEM HU > Mini DSP > PG M-Series > Dayton (kicks) + Vifa (Pillars)

Edit1

TehRicer 10-03-2012 01:08 PM

Edit2

TehRicer 10-03-2012 01:08 PM

Edit3

TehRicer 10-03-2012 01:18 PM

Edit4

TehRicer 10-03-2012 01:18 PM

Edit5

TehRicer 10-03-2012 01:19 PM

Saved for 20 more pics!

TehRicer 10-03-2012 01:24 PM

Saved.

OEM kick panels are to be vacuumed formed. OEM kicks will be saved, & duplicate kicks will be used to house a set of Dayton ND140's up front. Dead pedal will be retained. Wire(s) inside kicks were relocated.

cipher_nemo 10-03-2012 02:17 PM

Wow, that's a butt-load of work! Very cool to see the modding. Subscribed! :)

Love to see the entire carpeting ripped up and cleaned (lots of drink spills/dribbles).

Question: are you running RCAs along with your power cable? I see them on the other side of the car, but I see what looks like thick RCAs along the power as well?? I hope those are other power cables because that would be a lot of added noise.

TehRicer 10-03-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher_nemo (Post 4098563)

Love to see the entire carpeting ripped up and cleaned (lots of drink spills/dribbles).

Question: are you running RCAs along with your power cable? I see them on the other side of the car, but I see what looks like thick RCAs along the power as well?? I hope those are other power cables because that would be a lot of added noise.

The blue wires running alongside my Power cable run to my kicks + pillars. -Mid + Tweet.

I'm shopping for RCA cables right now. I have plugs, so I think I'll pick up some canare star. No noise, I'm running straight balanced:)

Dbl_D718 10-03-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher_nemo (Post 4098563)

That's just a myth. I have my signal cables right next to my power cable. No noise.

cipher_nemo 10-03-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dbl_D718 (Post 4098753)
That's just a myth. I have my signal cables right next to my power cable. No noise.

I disagree. I've heard it happen in cars I've owned in the past. But then again, it varies in every car, how much noise the alternator is letting leak into the power system, how well grounded the electrical system is, etc., etc. So yeah, you're right, it doesn't add audible noise or distortion to every system.

But fortunately the OP is running RCAs on the other side and his speaker wire was just the same color. :)

AkumaMax 10-04-2012 08:07 AM

There is a simple way to make sure there is no noise no matter where you put the wire. Get a Heavy Magnet clip.and put it on closest to the radio and there should be no feedback from anything.

cipher_nemo 10-04-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaMax (Post 4099621)
There is a simple way to make sure there is no noise no matter where you put the wire. Get a Heavy Magnet clip.and put it on closest to the radio and there should be no feedback from anything.

I assume you mean a ferrite core?

TehRicer 10-18-2012 12:38 AM

Edit6

end0 10-18-2012 01:25 PM

Question: I know nothing about sound deadening, but why do you do small patches like that? My girlfriends car has some aftermarket sound deadening in it, but I've only seen some in the truck and it's done in bigger sheet(s).