Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New to Subaru Outback XT (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193975)

Poofables 10-01-2012 10:28 AM

New to Subaru Outback XT

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased my first Subaru, a 2008 Outback 2.5XT LTD!

I really like the car so far and am really excited to finally own a car with an aftermarket. The car isn't going to stay stock very long.

I work at a dealership family that includes a Subaru dealership, though I work in our Acura store.

My car was a one owner car that was religously dealer serviced and was immaculate when it came in on trade for a new BRZ. Even though the mileage is quite high for the year (120k) I am confident that this car is as good as they come both physically and mechanically.

I have always been an active member for owners forums for almost every car I have owned and look forward to having many meaningful discussion with you people.

I also have a very deep mechanical background and a history of building performance machines. If you every have any mechanical questions, feel free to ask. I will either have an answer for you, or I have an entire service department to ask. If anyone needs parts or any dealer only items, let me know.

Jim

Rester5350 10-01-2012 10:38 AM

Welcome, I love my OBXT!

Lucid 10-01-2012 11:40 AM

Welcome, it sounds like you'll be a great addition to this online community. We'd love to see some pics of your obxt.

SBT 10-01-2012 12:05 PM

Welcome and glad you've joined us. Looking forward to your contributions.

Poofables 10-01-2012 05:10 PM

Thanks guys!

I'll get some pics up as soon as I have some!

scoobyscoodle 10-02-2012 11:31 PM

Loved my obxt, welcome!

Lucid 10-03-2012 06:27 PM

If you haven't yet, I recommend giving some serious thought to suspension upgrades. I was reminded today how much better mine is now vs. stock, while following an 05 outback down the highway, watching it heave and yaw all over the place.

dlo12 10-03-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucid (Post 4098969)
If you haven't yet, I recommend giving some serious thought to suspension upgrades. I was reminded today how much better mine is now vs. stock, while following an 05 outback down the highway, watching it heave and yaw all over the place.

maybe they were just a bad driver :lol:

Lucid 10-03-2012 06:35 PM

Definitely a bad driver, but these outbacks really do ride that bad. Scary bad at high speeds.

dlo12 10-03-2012 07:01 PM

there is an free way transition ramp in LA that is fun to take at high speeds, it banks just right onto the second freeway to let you rip it from 40-80... iveeeeeeeee floated a bit.....

"that was scary as shit! lets go again!"

leftcoast74 10-04-2012 02:08 AM

Welcome to the forums, enjoi. Post some pics of ur new ride.

Poofables 10-04-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucid (Post 4098969)

I plan on changing the sway bars and shocks. I discovered yesterday that all of my swag bar end links are bad so those are on the list too. Anything else I should be after? Obviously strut tower brace and lower chassis brace are going to be some of the first mods.

Boston Motorsports 10-04-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poofables (Post 4099460)
I plan on changing the sway bars and shocks. I discovered yesterday that all of my swag bar end links are bad so those are on the list too. Anything else I should be after? Obviously strut tower brace and lower chassis brace are going to be some of the first mods.

LCA bushings.

Strut tower brace will do nothing, they are mostly for show.

Lucid 10-04-2012 07:25 AM

Sways, endlinks, struts, and lca bushings will make huge improvements.

If you are interested in lowering your OB there is a ton of useful info on this site, and several members at stock Legacy height or lower with their OBXT.

If you want/need to keep the ride height, here is a thread on an Outback forum with a lot of good suspension info.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...nsion-faq.html

Poofables 10-04-2012 08:44 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Any do's or don'ts as far as endlinks go? Stock ones are all shot, so I might as well do it right.