Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Abs light on after bearing swap ---help (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193600)

a93x 09-24-2012 08:37 PM

Abs light on after bearing swap ---help

Hi so I replaced the rear wheel bearing around 2 weeks ago and ever since my abs light has been on and no abs active.
My mechanic and I ruled out a faulty abs sensor because we replaced it with a new one already. We've inspected it mult times and tried new sensors, reinstalling everything including wheel bearing assembly, reset codes everything.

Can anyone help?? What else can be done we both have no idea why it's doing this

Max Capacity 09-26-2012 07:02 AM

I guess you missed all the threads about wheel bearings and CEL, ABS lights.

Replace the wheel bearing/Hub assembly with a OEM unit.

I have Moog Hubs on both rears and everything is fine. I had to use OEM on the fronts or else I get a ABS light.

Simple fix.

What brand rear hub do you use ?

a93x 09-27-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Capacity (Post 4087417)
I guess you missed all the threads about wheel bearings and CEL, ABS lights.

Replace the wheel bearing/Hub assembly with a OEM unit.

I have Moog Hubs on both rears and everything is fine. I had to use OEM on the fronts or else I get a ABS light.

Simple fix.

What brand rear hub do you use ?

Oe replacements on the rears. Atleast it said oe on jcwhitney.com where I ordered it. No CEL, just abs light

a93x 09-28-2012 11:27 AM

Code 09-28-2012 11:30 AM

tone-ring issue?

a93x 09-28-2012 05:06 PM

the metal baffle it picks up the sensor from? already replaced :/

a93x 09-28-2012 05:52 PM

Even though site claimed it was a oe replacement it was enough off calibration to not pick up abs sensor signal. Word of advice, get it direct from Subaru or pay for very expensive bills

No DRFT 09-28-2012 08:37 PM

Yeah OEM from dealer. I recently did my left rear wheel bearing and not a problem with the abs.

a93x 09-28-2012 09:57 PM

Yeah man I wish I would have done that. I thought it would be nice to save 40-50$ by getting it online and now I'm in the whole even more. I'm pretty pissed. Oh we'll not gonna make that mistake again.

adreyna 10-07-2012 11:57 AM

Im glad I went with a shop that warrantied my rear wheel bearing. First one same thing happen to me. The abs and cruise control lights were on. Turns out it what a faulty one and even had wheel play. Had it replaced immediately, then the second one starting being noisy so I had it replaced again under warranty. Both had 18k mile warranty.

boostedgrocerygetter 10-09-2012 11:49 AM

i would never trust anything that says OE that doesnt come across a subaru parts counter. usually when they state its OE they are just saying its OE quality which is never the case.

suprisingly the bearing arent that expensive through a dealer.

a93x 10-10-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedgrocerygetter (Post 4107192)
i would never trust anything that says OE that doesnt come across a subaru parts counter. usually when they state its OE they are just saying its OE quality which is never the case.

suprisingly the bearing arent that expensive through a dealer.

Yeah I've learned this lesson the long expensive way lol. Def not going to order my own parts anymore. What a hassle this seemingly easy repair turned in to.

boostedgrocerygetter 10-10-2012 06:34 AM

Yea gotta love it I know my gf's brother has a Sebring and it threw a code for a cam sensor. I told them to buy oem. They didn't listen and bought it at napa. Put it on. Threw same code. Again told them oem. Again they had napa exchange it for another new cam sensor. Again I installed it. Threw the same code. Finally they returned it bought the oem sensor and holy s*** look at that the light went out.

BoozeRS05 10-10-2012 06:42 AM

If it makes you feel any better, I had no idea OEM wheel bearings were such a big deal...

Altho my $80 beck/arnley front wheel bearing seems fine 1k miles later, no abs or cruise issues, at least not yet. Likely will go with a Moog bearing if/when I need another one.

boostedgrocerygetter 10-10-2012 10:05 AM

If you paid $80 for an aftermarket I would just go with oem. They are only like $20 more. If that.