Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fourth Generation Legacy (2005 - 2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tuning problems :( (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193125)

urabuslegacyGT44 09-16-2012 03:33 PM

Tuning problems :(

3 Attachment(s)
so i dumped my pile of parts into the 2008 leggy:(brand NEW parts with 0 miles) TD06 20g turbo, DW750cc, DWfuel pump, Cx FMIC, TurboXS bov, 3inch catless TurboBackExhaust, and a boost controller. took it to a local subaru tunning shop called Equilibrium tunning in Fairfield, CA and he is telling me that something is wrong with my (NEW out of the BOX) injectors and/ or fuel pump. the car begins to run lean when he tunes for more fuel\air. i dont know what to do. should i just replace both the pump and injectors? just the fuel pump? or is a legacy different than a wrx when it comes to tuning? does "S sharp" have anything to do with it? let me know if u have any ideas... or parts for sale :)

charlie_sheen 09-16-2012 03:36 PM

did he do a leakdown test before he started tuning? car looks awesome man

Haight 05LGT 09-16-2012 03:52 PM

+1^

wurkenman 09-16-2012 08:52 PM

Should not be anything wrong with that setup. The engine is basically a WRX engine. Car looks awesome. Love the white.

Spec B 09-17-2012 09:07 AM

Start/focus on the pump.

Confirm that your pump is installed correctly - a faulty (or mis-installed) pump will lean out on the high-end. It is pretty rare for the injectors to be the cause of a lean the issue.

Max Capacity 09-17-2012 09:23 AM

I'm also thinking the pump.

urabuslegacyGT44 09-17-2012 04:24 PM

thanks guys for the feedback. I am going to check the pump tonight to see if i can figure anything out. i think maybe the fuel connector might be twisted under the seat or maybe pinched somewhere. I hear that the Datchworks injectors are not very good and same with the pump and i was thinking maybe that might have something to do with it. but ill be starting my own thread as soon as i get that little piece of paper. is there a picture of a properly installed pump that i can base mine off of because i have already pulled it out and nothing looks that out of place to me. thanks again Y'ALL.

TheOneDoubleN 09-17-2012 04:29 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with DW, they're probably the most popular option for Subaru fueling.

I have however, heard some horror stories about EQ in Fairfield, so be careful.

SSpeed 09-17-2012 04:36 PM

My vote is also pump installation.

TheOneDoubleN 09-17-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urabuslegacyGT44 (Post 4073888)
took it to a local subaru tunning shop called Equilibrium tunning in Fairfield, CA and he is telling me that something is wrong with my (NEW out of the BOX) injectors and/ or fuel pump.

There are a million things in your fueling system besides the actual pump and injectors that could cause a fueling problem. The fact that your tuner is just blanketly blaming your brand new pump and injectors (not the installation thereof, but saying that the actual parts are defective) is a big ol' red flag that he may have no idea what he's talking about.