Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New Member... Again (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193062)

taskforcefreddy 09-15-2012 09:54 AM

New Member... Again

Hey everyone. I'm back. Just purchased the car that was being sold by illace. It was his 2008 Legacy 3.0R and I couldn't have been more pleased with the transaction.

I was the previous owner of the '05 Stage 3 LGT and wanted to go a different route this time... one which included me not 'molestering' the engine which is why I went with the H6. Have already gotten up to speed with what's new with both the car and the forums and just wanted to reaquaint myself with everyone.

balrock01 09-15-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taskforcefreddy (Post 4072735)
'molestering' the engine.

Please define :)

taskforcefreddy 09-15-2012 10:04 AM

If I had the LGT, I would be too tempted to put a lot of money into it building it up... new turbo, injectors, exhaust, transmission, etc, much like I did with my first one. My fiance will be driving this and it will most likely have a baby seat in the the back before too long. I wanted something that had a little bit of power but lacked the temptation because when it comes to cars, I am weak.

coppertone 09-15-2012 12:00 PM

Lol, you aren't the only weakling car wise on here. I think we should start a support group and be on speed dial whenever one of us wants to make an excessive purchase. Although do we ever think what we buy is excessive?
:)

PeterJMC 09-16-2012 08:56 AM

Welcome back to the site!

Haight 05LGT 09-16-2012 09:04 AM

I have a good system of keeping me from spending exorbetent amounts of money on my LGT...its called my wife.:lol:

spc2125 09-16-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haight 05LGT (Post 4073559)
I have a good system of keeping me from spending exorbetent amounts of money on my LGT...its called my wife.:lol:

hmmm i think im going to need one of those

damnn you turbo upgrade :spin::spin:

SBT 09-16-2012 03:33 PM

Welcome back brother. Glad to see you around again.

Loscaldazar 09-16-2012 04:10 PM

Welcome!

charlie_sheen 09-16-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balrock01 (Post 4072740)
Please define :)

just like mike tyson used to say "i dont normally talk to women unless i fondicate with them"

:lol:

sigmafour 09-18-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haight 05LGT (Post 4073559)

doesn't work all that well. I left the country and kept spending. Wife sent an email yesterday... 'there are four boxes in the garage, two say Perrin on them, one of them from fred beans and one from infamous.' I was questioned but I am too far away to be struck with the frying pan. I'm not put off... I'm back next week... too late then and she'll have forgotten... because car parts just don't 'stick' in the memory.

Haight 05LGT 09-18-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmafour (Post 4076371)
doesn't work all that well. I left the country and kept spending. Wife sent an email yesterday... 'there are four boxes in the garage, two say Perrin on them, one of them from fred beans and one from infamous.' I was questioned but I am too far away to be struck with the frying pan. I'm not put off... I'm back next week... too late then and she'll have forgotten... because car parts just don't 'stick' in the memory.

I wish it were that easy for me. I have everything short of a written contract that says I won't spend money on the car until it is paid off. Good thing she won't be able to "see" my Infamous tune that I plan on getting soon lol.

laff79 09-18-2012 10:53 AM

Wives...when will they just let us play with our toys in peace?

Haight 05LGT 09-18-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laff79 (Post 4076595)
Wives...when will they just let us play with our toys in peace?

When we can afford it >.<

taskforcefreddy 09-18-2012 05:47 PM

For me it was actually kind of easy. See, she wanted a domestic vehicle however I've been wanting to get back into a subaru again knowing how familiar I am with it and the confidence I have in both the car and in me fixing it (should anything go wrong). She was willing to go this route only if I promised to not modify the car... it's a give and take if you will.