Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Classifieds - ARCHIVE (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   FS IL: Autospeed catback + stock parts - SOLD (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192929)

05regblue 09-12-2012 08:56 PM

FS IL: Autospeed catback + stock parts - SOLD

4 Attachment(s)
Well I just had a STI uppipe and full turbo back installed, flashed to stage 2 and my clutch started slipping :redface: So I'm trying to sell some stuff to pay for the $1,000 clutch install bill, including the autospeed catback I just purchased from mk6933 (which sounds incredible). The previous owner installed a magnaflow glasspack to cut down on the volume and droning. Very deep sound. No tinny or raspy sounds whatsoever. The exhaust itself is in very good condition, has a few scratches on the bottom of the mufflers, but the tips are in perfect condition. The catback is still on my car, but will be coming off when I get the clutch installed on monday. I'm willing to take a little bit of a hit on what I paid for it. Looking for $500 picked up. I'm going to give local buyers a chance first. Located in the chicago burbs.

Also have the following items for sale:

05 legacy gt catted uppipe - asking $35 no longer for sale
05 legacy gt catted downpipe (both sections) - asking $75 ( sold)
05 legacy gt stock rear sway bar (not sure if this is worthy anything -$20? no longer for sale
05 legacy gt auto dimming rear view mirror (scratches on mirror but in working order) - $35 no longer for sale
autospeed catback exhaust - $sold
(all stock parts have about 65,000 miles on them)

05regblue 09-13-2012 06:47 PM

bumperooski.

Screamin 09-13-2012 07:13 PM

If I were you I'd go easy on the pedal, save your money to get a new clutch, and keep that catback. You will regret selling that catback, best sounding one out there.

Are you comfortable doing a clutch swap on your own? You can save quite a bit doing it that way.

Just trying to help out.

dingbang 09-13-2012 07:26 PM

I live in mn and if my pressure plate didn't just crack, I would have picked this up from you. Clutch jobs seem terrifying but they aren't too bad. I may do a write up with mine this weekend....depends on my patience level.

There is nothing like a good exhaust rumble tho, I'm with ^^ on you keeping it. But glws! Free bumpage

05regblue 09-13-2012 08:12 PM

Thanks for the free bumps guys. Yeah this is tough, the exhaust sounds awesome, but I'm paying for a wedding and this came at a bad time. I still may keep it. I don't have the experience or the tools to get the job done myself so I'll have to leave it to the shop to do the job.....on a side note, what clutch do you guys recommend? The tuner recommended exedy stage 1, but I'm seeing some not so good reviews. I will most likely not go above stage 2 power levels and this is my DD.

05regblue 09-13-2012 08:50 PM

sale pending for downpipe and mirror.

Lgt07 09-13-2012 11:18 PM

I've used ACT and ClutchMasters, both were great but never had any experience with Exedy.

Screamin 09-14-2012 05:37 AM

Hell man, if you can live with it for a bit how about you take the tune back to stage 1 and leave it there until you can afford the clutch swap. You know your stock clutch can handle the power at stage 1...

I recommend CM FX300. I've been reading a lot on clutches lately off this board and that one seems the way to go. Just do a search on them and you will see what I'm talking about.

kongzilla 09-14-2012 08:15 AM

Sell mid/y?

05regblue 09-14-2012 09:46 AM

Stock downpipe sold.

Kongzilla I'm looking to sell the whole unit.

scobaru5 09-14-2012 10:31 AM

wish I had cash...

zachste 09-14-2012 07:17 PM

meet me halfway in indianapolis for the the exhaust?

05regblue 09-15-2012 09:15 AM

zachste that's a little further than i'm willing to travel. I was hoping to do a local deal. I've got another person who is interested in the catback who is willing to pay for shipping. The exhaust will most likely not be off the car until later next week.

05regblue 09-15-2012 09:17 AM

buyer has not responded for rear view mirror...still for sale

zachste 09-15-2012 10:31 AM

well let me know if that buyer falls through, I would be interested depending on what shipping would cost