Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance/Dyno Numbers/Track Times (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Dynotune/Rental: Cryotune Performance 2006 LGT spec'b FP HTA68 363hp/397tq on corn (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191224)

cryo 08-13-2012 07:24 PM

Dynotune/Rental: Cryotune Performance 2006 LGT spec'b FP HTA68 363hp/397tq on corn

2 Attachment(s)
Event: Dyno Rental

Locaction: Carz Performance

Date: 08/13/2012

Ambient Temp: 76 degrees
Elevation: 5480ft
Weather: Overcast
Car: 2006 Legacy GT Spec b
Tuner: Tuned by Dave @ Cryotune Performance using the Cobb Accesstuner Race software
Dyno Info: Superflow awd load bearing dyno
Transmission: 5 speed,
Gear: 3rd
Peak Horse Power at RPM: 363hp @ 5400rpms
Peak Torque at RPM: 397tq at 4500rpms
Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: Stock 06 wrx puts down 200-210, No legacy numbers availible
Target Boost: 23psi
Target AFR: .80 lambda
SAE Correction factor: 1.23 <- A little high considering the local Dyno Dynamics runs a set 1.15CF for Forced Induction cars
Fuel: E85
Engine/Power Modifications: FP 7cm HTA68,K&N hot air intake :), Grimmspeed EBCS, Catless uppipe and downpipe,Grimspeed ebcs, DW850's, XO2 FMIC, STOCK CATBACK.
Driveline Modifications: , Clutchmasters FX300,Tranquil TSK3,06 WRX flywheel
Suspension Modifications: Stock Spec B bilstien inverted struts and aluminum control arms,cobb shifter bushing

I finally finished up my tune on the dyno since dialing in the last few hp is always very tough on the street. Obviously not a bad investment. It actually builds torque a little earlier on the street as well and I compared on the way home. Full boost was coming on about 200rpms later on the dyno than on the street. I love this set up as a Daily driver. Next should be a trip to the track;)

Dave

BarManBean 08-14-2012 07:52 AM

Very nice, I bet that thing rips down the road pretty good.

sbw 08-14-2012 09:11 AM

Its hard to tune on the street, and you definitely don't want to get pulled over trying to clean up a tune on the road. Dont ask me how I know.

You might find its a little bit leaner on the street as opposed to the dyno. But that's very little drop off for a stock catback and 7cm hotside.

How long before you think you'll get to the track?

cryo 08-14-2012 10:45 AM

Well track closes at the end of sept so time is running out. Last time out i trapped 107's and smoked the stock clutch. By the end of each run my clutch felt like butter and each shift got softer than the last. My goals are 109-110mph and ill be happy but who knows.

You can do a pretty good job on the street but will almost always benifit from fine tuning it on the dyno, the safety factor cannot be duplicated on the street and is a very big plus as well as consistant/comparable results.

Dave

kongzilla 08-14-2012 11:44 AM

Low 12's is what I'm guessing.

Nrw 08-14-2012 12:03 PM

Good numbers for being that high up there

Spec B 08-14-2012 03:36 PM

Sweet...we have the same car with basically the same mods! Great job.

Spec B 08-14-2012 03:38 PM

Btw..a cat back will definitely make some more power considering the additional exhaust gas volume your setup (especially on E85) is making.

cryo 08-15-2012 09:27 PM

The trade off is it looks like i could gain power with a open catback but at the expense of changing the theme of the car. I wanted to build this car to be quiet, comfortable and only really be noticed when i drop the hammer. I almost painted the fmic black but the wife talked me into leaving it stating "thats one of those mods that people normally see and know its hiding something". :)

I am looking more twords 12.5-12.99 in tems of et's given people with better driving skill,a little more power and a little lighter have gone a little faster than my goals its a fair estimate. Very few 12 second leggys up here *or at least with timeslips, i know of a few capable of it but just havent gotten a good run*

Dave

Spec B 08-16-2012 06:16 AM

Very cool..for a while I ran XO2 mid and Y with borla mufflers and a stock sized tip; everything painted black except the tips. Pretty stealth until I got on it. Enjoy that ride!

CapnJack 08-17-2012 04:58 PM

I'm curious as to your IDC with the DW850s. Are you close to maxed out?

Spec B 08-17-2012 06:56 PM

At sea level mine are very close to maxed in the winter..95-97% when it's below freezing. I target 11.3 afr..it's still have some room to go leaner.

cryo 08-18-2012 01:59 PM

Last time i checked the duty cycle was 87-89% but im a mile high, i expect to see 92-93% in the winter so plenty of headroom.

Dave

paintpollz 09-01-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryo (Post 4028416)
The trade off is it looks like i could gain power with a open catback but at the expense of changing the theme of the car. I wanted to build this car to be quiet, comfortable and only really be noticed when i drop the hammer. I almost painted the fmic black but the wife talked me into leaving it stating "thats one of those mods that people normally see and know its hiding something". :)

I am looking more twords 12.5-12.99 in tems of et's given people with better driving skill,a little more power and a little lighter have gone a little faster than my goals its a fair estimate. Very few 12 second leggys up here *or at least with timeslips, i know of a few capable of it but just havent gotten a good run*

Dave

do you have a couple of months to wait? turbo xs is coming out with a cat back combo, undoubtably the best fitting one on the market, and it should allow the stock cans to bolt right up. Originally was going to be just a mid/y, but they decided to add cans to the package. And I'm sure you could find someone to take the cans off of you if you didnt want to use them.

BarManBean 09-02-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintpollz (Post 4052197)
do you have a couple of months to wait? turbo xs is coming out with a cat back combo, undoubtably the best fitting one on the market, and it should allow the stock cans to bolt right up. Originally was going to be just a mid/y, but they decided to add cans to the package. And I'm sure you could find someone to take the cans off of you if you didnt want to use them.

If this actually happens, I'm a potential consumer for the mufflers :)