Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mountain West (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Any Denver-ish Stage 2-3 Owners Out There? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190823)

Grabby 08-07-2012 11:04 AM

Any Denver-ish Stage 2-3 Owners Out There?
 
Hey guys,

Just moved to Golden, CO and am trying to determine if I want to buy an S4 or a modded LGT (05-09). I'm about to pull the trigger on a local Audi, but would really love to get a ride in a stage 2/3 Leggy before I make the final decision.

If anyone out there has one and is cool with giving me a ride so I can make a more informed purchase I'd really appreciate it. Please feel free to PM me and we can set something up.

BTW, I'll pay for a few gallons...

MG

tdcmr2 08-07-2012 11:56 AM

I can't help ride wise, but my stage 2 automatic with intercooler up/down pipe and exhaust outpulled my friend's manual 335i from a roll in 2nd gear

BraddA 08-08-2012 08:30 AM

I'm in Golden a time or two a week to ride me bike. Otherwise I'm in Boulder. I'm game.

LGT For ME 08-08-2012 05:17 PM

Grabby you should send a PM to Cryo/Dave, a lgt member. He lives kinda close in the Arvada area and he is a big help w/ the rocky mtg LGT crew. His car is on stg 3e and I'm sure would having you change your mind to a LGT real quick. He's super nice so a ride along shouldnt be a bid deal. And he can help you mod your car once you get one as he tunes/wrenches....

Lgt07 08-08-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGT For ME (Post 4018164)
Grabby you should send a PM to Cryo/Dave, a lgt member. He lives kinda close in the Arvada area and he is a big help w/ the rocky mtg LGT crew. His car is on stg 3e and I'm sure would having you change your mind to a LGT real quick. He's super nice so a ride along shouldnt be a bid deal. And he can help you mod your car once you get one as he tunes/wrenches....

+1

Which S4 are you looking at, B5's? As much as I love those they are going to cost a good deal more to maintain and OEM parts will be expensive. They have been prone to some major issues (largely turbo related) so make sure the turbos have been replaced or rebuilt by a reputable shop. Also the prices on B5's have been pretty low and in reach of the younger crowds so just another thing to look out for.

Anyway, I love my Legacy and am not even tuned for Stage 2 yet, Dave (Cryo mentioned above) will be giving me a custom street tune here hopefully this month and if you're still looking I'd have no issues swinging by and giving you a ride :)

PutnamCO 08-09-2012 12:40 AM

I'm stage 3e, and can give you a ride whenever you're down in Denver (I live near DU), and I occasionally make it out towards Golden. Just let me know if you'd like to go sometime.

I also considered a B5 S4 before buying my car, but opted with the LGT instead. The S4 had 3x the cost of ownership off Edmunds, and I believe it. I only slightly second-guess myself when I see a Nogaro Blue S4, but only for a second.

Grabby 08-09-2012 10:07 AM

Thanks for the advice, guys! I was looking at a B7 S4, but have decided on FI over NA for the altitude (a test drive in a E92 M3 solidified that). So, it's just in between a CPO 335xi and a LGT. Totally different price points, I know.

I'll definitely give Cryo a pm, and hope to meet the crew out here soon.

MG

LGT For ME 08-09-2012 11:09 AM

335xi :) but the cost of mods/maintence still would have me leaning toward a stg2+ LGT

Lgt07 08-12-2012 02:18 AM

^This

Make yourself an AWD M3 eater with a few easy and fairly cheap (by BMW standards) mods but you will pay to play that's for sure. LGT is the next best, cheaper alternative.

skwiggly 08-13-2012 09:30 AM

I'll chime in just to say I also considered a S4 (B5) before deciding I'd rather maintain a Subaru, and I haven't regretted that decision at all. I'm stage IIe, it's been solid daily-drivable power for 2 years now.

TheOneDoubleN 08-13-2012 11:05 AM

When something big does finally go out on the S4, it will cost an LGT to fix.

Grabby 09-03-2012 07:57 AM

Well, I don't know what the hell I just did. Somehow I ended up going with a 2013 S4...

Anyway, I guess this thread is a moot point now. Still want to check out a stage 3 sometime.

LGT For ME 09-04-2012 02:30 PM

pics or it didnt happen

bigjweb 09-08-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lgt07 (Post 4018653)
+1

Which S4 are you looking at, B5's? As much as I love those they are going to cost a good deal more to maintain and OEM parts will be expensive. They have been prone to some major issues (largely turbo related) so make sure the turbos have been replaced or rebuilt by a reputable shop.\

Sounds just like the LGT vf40

Lgt07 09-14-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grabby (Post 4054144)
Well, I don't know what the hell I just did. Somehow I ended up going with a 2013 S4...

Anyway, I guess this thread is a moot point now. Still want to check out a stage 3 sometime.

I hate you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGT For ME (Post 4055951)
pics or it didnt happen

This.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39 AM.


LegacyGT.com