Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   plastic seat back of driver's front seat (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190540)

superscoob 08-01-2012 07:57 AM

plastic seat back of driver's front seat

Just a FYI in case this happens to someone else as lucky as I am....

My 9 year old (I think) somehow managed with his feet to pull the bottom of the plastic cover on the rear of the front driver's seat loose. I figured it was a simple snap in with clips, and it is. But since I don't have a masters degree in interior trim and I usually don't have extreme patience with things like this, I made myself figure it out. I didn't have any problem getting the side next to the door to secure back, but the side next to the console was a bear.

What I did was use the power recliner and tilted the seatback forward as far as it would go. When I did this it seemed to make everything line up in the back and it popped back in. Try this before you break a clip....it seemed to work for me.

Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, but since I didn't see anything on the board related I thought I'd share.

mosthated 08-01-2012 09:07 AM

good advice sir!!!

satkye 08-27-2012 06:47 PM

Sounds like the 9 year old gets to now ride in the trunk.

islandborn 08-28-2012 09:12 PM

That was one of the "good thinking!" parts that added to my "sold" on the car.

ralphtc 08-29-2012 07:33 AM

Superscoob,

Seriously thanks a lot for this post, the plastic piece on my driver's side had been out of place for the past year, and it always annoyed me, but this morning I reclined the seat all the way down and like you said it popped back and aligned itself back into place, so thanks for this post, I was so tired of looking at that piece sticking out.

GTEASER 08-29-2012 02:13 PM

There's a drivers rear seat?

nstg8r 08-29-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTEASER (Post 4047837)

There's a drivers rear seat?

Yes, if you're Bubba Smith

pastafasool 08-30-2012 02:54 AM

There are 2 screws on the very bottom of that plastic cover, hidden by
a piece of fabric that's held in place by a mini-bungee cord.

If you get to them the panel comes right off without fighting it.

superscoob 08-30-2012 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satkye (Post 4044607)
Sounds like the 9 year old gets to now ride in the trunk.

It actually was an accident. He was getting out of the car and caught his foot underneath the edge. Actually for a family with two children our cars are super clean. I guess it goes with being a car guy, but my children know the expectation that we keep it like dad likes it or there's H to pay. Somehow I expect when they get to adulthood and have their own vehicles they will look a lot like mine. My oldest son's kindergarten teacher said it best when she told me, "if it's important to you, it will be important to him." She was talking about school behavior, but her insight fits in so many other ways as well.:soap_box:

GTEASER 08-30-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstg8r (Post 4048213)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow, bringing back the old days....

mosthated 08-30-2012 01:20 PM

police academy rocks