Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legacy Photos (2010 +) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Worst dealer Badge Placement (prior to removal) (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190058)

aerophool 07-25-2012 10:27 AM

Worst dealer Badge Placement (prior to removal)

1 Attachment(s)
Title says it all, take pictures of the placement of your dealer placed badge prior to removal. Not only does a white badge on a black car look horrendous, but it was placed in an odd location; plus it is slightly rotated clockwise. Badge was removed about 20 seconds after the photo was taken.

Yes, the LP frame will be removed when the license plate arrives.

TRSCobra 07-25-2012 11:35 AM

Could be worse; some dealerships still rivet their badges on.

robitrice 07-25-2012 12:30 PM

when i bought my 05 the dealer had a sticker on the rear window....while he was putting the front license plate on i was peeling it off and he was like "already?"

geminimech 07-25-2012 12:49 PM

It's the first thing that happens when I drive off the lot. They don't pay me to advertise for them.

aerophool 07-25-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRSCobra (Post 3996727)

That would suck!

ssbtech 07-25-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRSCobra (Post 3996727)

Really? They'd be ordering me a new trunk lid if they did that on my car...

derp 07-26-2012 01:34 AM

dealership I bought my LGT from didn't badge or sticker it at all. They added plate frames front and rear, that's it.

I'd buy from them again, I had a great experience there and they didn't badge up MY car.

kreitz3 07-26-2012 03:54 AM

I'm soon buying a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Premium and the dealer I work with is welcome to put their typical sticker on the trunk and license plate frame on the rear. I would not allow this with any other dealer but these guys are great!

GTTuner 07-26-2012 06:28 AM

Plate frames will be going away soon anyway.......they are illegal in RI as of now. The police have some type of plate recognition system in their cars and it blocks the device from scanning the entire plate.

05 LegacyGT 07-26-2012 06:34 AM

My car didn't have any dealer badges OR plate frames on it when I bought it. I wasn't very pleased overall with the dealer, but at least they didn't cover my car with their advertising.

jsmith40a 07-26-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTTuner (Post 3997813)
Plate frames will be going away soon anyway.......they are illegal in RI as of now. The police have some type of plate recognition system in their cars and it blocks the device from scanning the entire plate.

I may be wrong but I think they have been illegal in a lot of places for a while because the frames can obscure part of the plate.

derp 07-26-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTTuner (Post 3997813)

only stipulation here is that it can't cover any of the letters/numbers, and it can't cover the month and year registration tabs.

you can't cover it with clear film or anything though. and you HAVE to run a front plate.

05 LegacyGT 07-26-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derp (Post 3997839)
you can't cover it with clear film or anything though. and you HAVE to run a front plate.

I hate front liscense plates :mad:

TcDavis 07-26-2012 11:11 AM

When i bought mine, they took it around to detail it, i walked back there and i caught the guy putting their badge on. I told him to take it off. Twas on fir about 10 seconds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

ssbtech 07-26-2012 11:21 AM

My dealer had a simple sticker on my car and their plate frames. I peeled off the sticker once I got it home and removed the plate frames, later to be replaced with simple black frames.

No big deal, 5 minutes of work and I got to ensure I placed rubber washers behind the plates to avoid them carving lines into the paint.