Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   FS (PA): 2005 Legacy GT Limited, SWP, 5MT, ~130K mi. - $8,500 (OBO) (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187838)

Siper2 06-19-2012 08:39 AM

FS (PA): 2005 Legacy GT Limited, SWP, 5MT, ~130K mi. - $8,500 (OBO)

17 Attachment(s)
Item: 2005 Legacy GT Limited sedan - SWP - 5MT
VIN: 4S3BL676056226704

Howdy. :) Selling my 2005 LGT Limited. It's a sedan with SWP paint, 5MT and black leather seats. Bought in 2008 with 86K miles, it has about 130K now. No major running issues with the car.

The good: Most of it! It runs extremely well, and has never broken down. Interior is in good shape, no tears. I tend to keep my interiors clean. Car came with OEM carpet mats, but I bought WeatherTech black rubber mats, which will sell with the car.

Paint is in good condition; the right lower sidesill is scraped (see below) from losing a fight with a curb. A few normal rock chips on the bumper.

Comfortable and fast! As you know, the engine is an EJ255, same as a 2.5L WRX. 250hp stock at the crank, however I have a Cobb stage 1 flash. AccessPort v1 is married to the ECU, will sell with the car.

Major maintenance: Fall 2010 at ~105K miles, I went to Andrewtech Automotive in Gaithersburg, MD for a long list of preventative items. Nothing was broken, it's all preventative.
- Timing belt
- Timing belt tensioner
- Rear diff fluid flush
- Transmission flush (used Subaru Extra-S)
- Installed a Killer B Motorsport oil pickup tube
- Coolant flush
- Serpentine belt (Andrewtech *did* find a slightly loose bearing in the idler or A/C pulley, and replaced it)
- JDM rear swaybar installed at that time

The bad: A few nitpicky things, but some other stuff is worth mentioning.

Had a bad inner-right CV boot. I just had this repaired, last Saturday (with a new OEM boot), however it's still got some burn-off smell, with the residue stuck on the exhaust.

Driver's seat outer leg bolster is worn some, it was like that when I bought the car.

There is a strange rattle that's existed since I bought it, and I've never found, that happens on upshift in lower gears - I think it's a loose nut in the shifter console area, somewhere. I've ripped the trim apart several times, and can't find it. Probably a "spare" nut that's banging up against something. :)

Cruise control has never worked quite right. It won't hold. I suspect it's just a loose sensor, maybe behind the pedal. Or that's what North Ursalia (from NASIOC) tells me, and he knows all. ;) Keep forgetting to check it.

January of this year, I wasn't paying attention and pulled in front of a truck at a toll booth, at slow speed. He hit the rear-left door, denting it; the front left quarter panel was dented from hitting the booth. Front left headlight also received a small crack, so it was replaced too. Had it repaired at a highly-rated shop in my area (Auto Body Repair Service Mechanicsburg, PA). I have all paperwork from the transaction. Car came out great, and I requested high-quality replacement parts.

A couple of months ago, I accidentally scraped a curb on the right side, taking a little paint off of the lower plastic sidesill. I was pulling out of a parking space, and turned a little too sharply. Whoops. :) Haven't had it fixed yet. I think some touch-up or an inexpensive respray will be fine, there are no dents, just the paint scuffed off in a small patch.

The engine bay looks good, but there is some surface rust on some of the engine components, this was present in 2008 when I bought it. The previous owner commuted between Syracuse and Buffalo in the winters, so I suspect this is from road salt, though I'm from NH and didn't have that issue in a few previous cars. Unsure. Never had any mechanical issues, though.

Mods: Not many - I'm getting old and creaky. :lol:

- JDM LGT rear swaybar, with aftermarket bushings.
- Cobb AP v1 married to the ECU, I will sell the unit with the car at no cost (as mentioned above). Currently flashed to Stage 1. Been that way since 2009, never a hiccup. Stage 1 smooths out the throttle, and adds a few horses.
- Jazzy AUX-in Pro board, installed in OEM radio. I ran the 3.5mm aux cable under the center console/shifter trim, and in to the armrest. Cable is inside the armrest console, to hook up to a phone/MP3 player. You can read about these extensively, in the A/V forum here.
- Currently have 215/45-17 Bridgestone RE960 tires installed. Should be replaced, soon - I was planning to do so. Rear-left tire has a bubble in the sidewall, and the tread is getting low.
- Prodrive oil cap (graphite).
- SPT battery tiedown (graphite).
- Prodrive (silver-colored) differential cover/skidplate, but it's not installed. I tried removing one of the bolts, and the head sheared off. Never got around to extracting it.
- AEM air filter.

- Available for ADDITIONAL cost is another set of OEM 17" wheels (minor curb rash, I can get pics) with P215/45-R17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 winter tires. Used for two seasons, lots of life left. They have a Road Hazard extended warranty plan on them, which may still have some pro-rated coverage.

That's all I can think of, for mods. Pics start below, all were taken last week.

Wasn't planning to sell, but I happened upon a BMW 328xi wagon that I may buy. :) The other car in the photos is my wife's 2001 Outback H-6, if anyone's curious. :D

KBB is currently listing Good condition for $9,000-9,500. I am asking $9,000/obo. I will deliver within a reasonable distance. I live 30 minutes southwest of Harrisburg, PA.

I've got very good reviews on NASIOC and RS25 (used heavily in the past, and I never spent much time on LGT for some reason), if "references" are needed.

Last oil change was 5/28/12. 10W-30 non-synth Valvoline High-Mileage. Purolator filter. Done myself, as always.

My availability: this Thursday-Saturday (6/21-6/23) I will be out of town for a wedding. I will be back on Sunday 6/24, and here all next week. Easiest to view the car in Harrisburg during the weekdays, but at night at my home in Dillsburg (25 minutes southwest, between Harrisburg and Gettysburg/York depending where you come from).

Thanks! Any questions, let me know. Pics coming...

S2 (Chris)

PARTS

AP v1 included at no extra cost, as well as obviously the Jazzy AUX-in Pro board. You can see the 3.5mm AUX cable in the photo.

(I do not have pics of the OEM rear swaybar, carpet mats and the Prodrive skidpad. However, they're all to be included with the listed/agreed-upon price.)

Pics also of the spare OEM wheels with 215/45-17 Blizzaks, tread depth is very good. Purchased 12/14/2009.

PROBLEMS

These pics highlight the things I'm aware of.

Seat wear (honestly, it looked like that in 2008 when I bought it - I suppose it's probably a bit worse now, since it's got additional mileage... but I don't beat on my seats, I care for them)

Rear-left sidewall bubble

Curious rusty bit in the engine (again, never had an issue)

Small crack in right side mirror lens

Little scuff on the front-right bumper

Aforementioned right-sidesill paint damage, from my fight with a restaurant curb (the curb won).

In the interest of full disclosure, here are the pics post-accident from my January 2012 incident.

Front-left fender and headlight crack

Wheel rash (left-side wheels both got some, but were repaired)

Trim piece popped off

As you can see in the pics, the car was fixed nicely. The rear-left door looks great, I think I see a very slight bit that's noticeable (not 100%) but the shop assured me that it was done as properly as possible.

Siper2 06-19-2012 08:44 AM

19 Attachment(s)
Glamour shots. :)

Siper2 06-20-2012 06:14 AM

Wednesday bump!

Siper2 06-27-2012 12:02 AM

Bumping again.

I had two interested buyers....one from NASIOC who then disappeared, and one local guy who today informed me that his loan was not approved.

Looking for someone who can actually afford the car, or be pre-approved, and not screw around with me. I'm an honest guy and only ask that the sentiment be returned!

Buying my new car tomorrow. Wanted this sold first, but it didn't happen. Good car, and it wants another good home. :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Siper2 06-27-2012 10:39 AM

(VIN added to first post, and pics changed to attachments instead of linked to my Photobucket.)

01rs25 06-27-2012 10:52 AM

Great Seller Here! Wouldn't be at all concerned!

Siper2 06-27-2012 10:53 AM

Hey man how goes? Thanks for the endorsement. :D

Siper2 06-28-2012 07:57 AM

Bump!

SBT 06-28-2012 10:34 AM

Vouching for the man.

Siper2 06-28-2012 10:36 AM

Word.

:D

Siper2 06-30-2012 03:33 PM

Bump!

Siper2 07-01-2012 08:01 PM

Bump!

Siper2 07-07-2012 11:56 AM

Bump!

Adjusted price to $8,500/obo. :)

SBT 07-07-2012 01:31 PM

Edited title to reflect change in price. GLWYS and bump for you.

Siper2 07-07-2012 01:50 PM

Thanks!